NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 10-27-2015, 07:16 PM

Default 1954 Topps Aaron trimmed or miscut?

Pic taken of card inside of sgc insert from cracked slab, same set.

Thanks for your opinions. Trimmed or miscut?

Last edited by brian29575; 10-27-2015 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:32 PM
M.att C H A R L T O N

Can I see a scan of the back?
Old 10-27-2015, 07:43 PM

I sold the card and this pic is from buyer. I requested scan of back too thanks
Old 10-27-2015, 08:08 PM
Ben North

IF the card was sitting flat I would say trimmed. Because it has a top loader sitting under most of the card there is no way to tell because with a slight twist of the card it would be easy to make the card appear to be trimmed at a angle when it is not. Maybe buyers remorse? What ever you do don't fall for the partial refund scam.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:25 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

With the staining at the top of the card and the bottom left corner, along with great centering, it would be hard to swap this card out. Do you have an image of the card still in the SGC case to make sure it's the same card?
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
With the staining at the top of the card and the bottom left corner, along with great centering, it would be hard to swap this card out. Do you have an image of the card still in the SGC case to make sure it's the same card?
Thanks for the reply. I'm 100% sure it's the same card. Thanks
Old 10-28-2015, 06:04 AM

I do not believe card has ever been graded. The sgc insert is from another graded card from 1954 Topps.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:06 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

It's not like those gaskets are solid, they are flexible.

Looking at the right side you can see the card is tweaked on an angle to exaggerate the gap at the top. I take nothing out of the positioning of a card in a foam gasket. To easy to trick the eye.

I would like to see the card placed over another card to check size. To be honest, my quick check at a show is if I am looking at a HOF card is to grab a worthless common from a set builder box nearby that no one in their right mind would trim and place it under for comparison. It's not infallible, but it's worked well for me.

To provide a bit of advice, you have a buyer remorse situation. I would just take it back and save the trouble. Check it when you have it back and sell it again if you feel it's good. Not worth the trouble when you have someone doing this. DO NOT fall for the partial refund because this whole thing seems fishy. Take the return.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:16 AM
Dan McHugh IV
Banned

Hey everyone,
I bought this Aaron from Brian off the BST and once it came in I measured it next to another 54 Aaron that I broke out of a SGC 30 holder and it was clearly trimmed. Because the card is warped it was very tough to try and get a good scan of the card in any position to show that it was trimmed so in the scan above you see that I put the card in the black SGC paper as I tought that would be the best way to see where it was trimmed and because the card is warped I have to put some on TOP on the card to make sure it stayed put. In-person its obviously trimmed and not miscut but trying to scan it to show that has been a huge pain in the ass.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 10-28-2015, 07:24 AM
Dan McHugh IV
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
It's not like those gaskets are solid, they are flexible.

Looking at the right side you can see the card is tweaked on an angle to exaggerate the gap at the top. I take nothing out of the positioning of a card in a foam gasket. To easy to trick the eye.

I would like to see the card placed over another card to check size. To be honest, my quick check at a show is if I am looking at a HOF card is to grab a worthless common from a set builder box nearby that no one in their right mind would trim and place it under for comparison. It's not infallible, but it's worked well for me.

To provide a bit of advice, you have a buyer remorse situation. I would just take it back and save the trouble. Check it when you have it back and sell it again if you feel it's good. Not worth the trouble when you have someone doing this. DO NOT fall for the partial refund because this whole thing seems fishy. Take the return.
Hey Justin,
your wrong. Its def. not buyer remorse as i actually want the Aaron (its actually the 3rd I've bought in the past week), but I don't want a trimmed one for what I paid
Old 10-28-2015, 07:40 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagehofrookies View Post
Hey Justin,
your wrong. Its def. not buyer remorse as i actually want the Aaron (its actually the 3rd I've bought in the past week), but I don't want a trimmed one for what I paid
Since you say it is trimmed return the card and let the seller examine the card and then if you BOTH determine it is trimmed try to work out a deal at the appropriate price.

Good luck on working this out to both you gentlemen.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:46 AM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

tricky on the eyes, Better to have a ruler posted with the card. I almost thought maybe the gasket was crooked at one point. Defintly still a nice centered card either way how this goes.
Add; maybe one of those genius on the pre-war side do one of those over-lays images.

Last edited by pawpawdiv9; 10-28-2015 at 09:47 AM.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:29 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagehofrookies View Post
Hey Justin,
Sorry Dan, if I pegged it wrong.

Nonetheless it should just be a situation where Brian just refunds and everyone parts ways as friends. He can do what he wants after it is returned with it.

There just seems no logical answer other than that to not cause an unnecessary stink.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:22 PM
Dan McHugh IV
Banned

we've come to an agreement that we are both happy with,
Thank You,
Dan
Old 10-30-2015, 07:43 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Good ending.