NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-25-2014, 09:40 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default With the internet and time..............

With the internet and time it seems some of our cards, and other things in general, become more evident as to their scarcity or lack of it. I know we have discussed it before but it continues to be a topic that intrigues (me), especially since I collect what I like, scarce type cards, and not necessarily sets. (not that there is anything wrong with collecting sets). Set collecting, registry collecting, type collecting etc... is all good collecting. Having fun collecting with friends is a big part of collecting for me too, though I understand others might not have the same motives. That is also good!! Happy collecting ....Here are a few scarce cards below..They are blank back.

btw, just got back from seeing my only child's last first-day at public school. She will go to college next year... sort of sad, sort of happy....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phunc1941montrealteamissue3x.jpg (77.0 KB, 433 views)

Last edited by Leon; 08-25-2014 at 12:32 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 08-25-2014, 10:05 AM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

Not a lot of cards post the player's marital status on the front.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:23 AM
Rich Klein

IIRC Ed Head actually pitched a no-hitter for the Brooklyn Dodgers circa 1946
Old 08-25-2014, 11:49 AM

Cool cards Leon. My oldest also just started his senior year in HS. I know how you feel. I'm going to really miss him when he is away at college. I'm also really going to miss the 30k-50k per year....
Old 08-25-2014, 04:03 PM
J@m3s @ndr3ws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
btw, just got back from seeing my only child's last first-day at public school. She will go to college next year... sort of sad, sort of happy....
It was my oldest's first first-day at public school and I had the same feeling!
Old 08-25-2014, 05:33 PM
Mikeknapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
Cool cards Leon. My oldest also just started his senior year in HS. I know how you feel. I'm going to really miss him when he is away at college. I'm also really going to miss the 30k-50k per year....
My oldest graduated from UW in June, moved out, and got married last weekend. He started law school last Thursday. Thankfully he is paying for that adventure. I'm very proud of him and must admit to missing him already. I digress, Leon those are some nice cards and obviously rare if you didn't have examples already. Although I'm primarily a memorabilia collector I too am fascinated by what was considered rare pre-internet.