NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-14-2013, 08:04 PM
Sean Brennan

Default o/t deadball era video games?

Was wondering if there are any video games where you can play pre war? I'm currently doing stratomatic 1910 and loving it but now I want to see them play!
Old 12-14-2013, 09:38 PM

Default psp

My son has a game on his PSP that has an all time greats team. I've played it before. Some of the players are Walter Johnson, Gehrig, Hornsby, Ruth, Mordecai Brown, Speaker, & I think Lefty Grove may be in there as well. I'll ask him tomorrow for the name of the game.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:51 PM

Old Time Baseball pc game by Stormfront Studios. The technology, however, would probably be best done by download. The disc technology doesn't get along well with windows.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:02 PM
Bryan M1ll3r

I remember playing as the 1927 Yankees in Hardball 5 on a 3.5" floppy. It taught me who Mark Koenig was since he would always accrue a ton of runs with Gehrig and Ruth batting behind him. Don't know if they made any game after that.
Old 12-15-2013, 03:03 AM

I would be interested in this well... I know there are simulation type games, but lately a lot of the modern baseball games do not have this feature.
It would be nice with a game that was released recently with the better graphics and gameplay (MLB 2K series and MLB The Show or any others released in the past 5 years) to have the ability to play historical games with some of the greats from the deadball era.
Old 12-15-2013, 03:53 PM

Default MLB The Show 2009

After looking at my son's PSP game again, there are 2 all time greats team. One of those is made up of prewar players & the other is 60s, 70s & 80s players. The prewar team has Cy Young, Feller, Mathewson, Cobb, Honus, Foxx, & a few 50s era players such as Kiner, Hodges, Berra, Mathews. Oddly no Mantle though. Lefty Grove is in there & is a relief pitcher

I have only played the game a couple times, but I enjoyed it. The players are not just generic ballplayers. They look, bat & pitch like they actually did. My favorite part is seeing Big Train's windup.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:40 PM
Er1k Greeń.w00d

OOTP is pretty deep if you don't mind a text-based video game.

Last edited by EGreenwood; 12-15-2013 at 08:40 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 12-15-2013, 11:12 PM
Luke Lyon

Default Earl Weaver Baseball

Is the best baseball game ever. It had 25 man rosters made up of the best players of each decade. You could play the game or manage your team and watched the game play out. I preferred managing. It was put out by EA sports when they first started. Me and my best friend used to play it for hours when we were 10 or so in around 1992. I believe it was for the Commodore computer system.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 41JLFkmRT7L.jpg (28.5 KB, 73 views)