NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 02-12-2013, 10:11 AM
Banned

Default SGC authenticators

I emailed SGC twice asking politely who their authenticators are for their new service, they did not respond. I guess this is going to be the old shell game that psa and jsa play too.

People bash GFA, and rightfully so, for being so secretive, let's hold SGC to the same standard They don't seem to care about the collecting public. They totally ignore requests for more information. Who are their authenticators? No one knows. People email GFA and get no response, I have to put SGC in the same category of ignoring people.

Last edited by travrosty; 02-12-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:17 AM

Why don't you call them and speak directly to Mike Root? If I remember correctly there was a press release and he stated if anyone is interested in hearing who the consultants were to call him.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOFAUTOS View Post
Why don't you call them and speak directly to Mike Root? If I remember correctly there was a press release and he stated if anyone is interested in hearing who the consultants were to call him.
lets put them on the website for complete transparency. how hard is that? don't they want people to know? They don't even answer my email asking me to call, just nothing. Great customer service.

their first press release said the ifno would be up on feb 4, and there was nothing, then on feb 11, the "more information" they promised finally went up, but it wasnt any more information than the first press release. i think they are stonewalling for some reason. my prediction is the "team" or consultants" will be the same carpetbaggers and retreads we have seen before, you know-people who want to set world records for being on the most authentication teams at once, or else total no-namers that we have never heard of before, I have never heard of Root before, now he is an authentication god I guess just because he was on jsa company for a cup of coffee. I want to see their boxing guy. will they have a boxing guy, no they won't.

Last edited by travrosty; 02-12-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:57 AM
Belltown Vintage

Travis, what would you do if all of a sudden SGC operated to your liking, PSA and JSA began a long streak of 100% success and all the unscrupulous companies simply disappeared? I know that's all impossible, but what would you do?

...do that.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Travis, what would you do if all of a sudden SGC operated to your liking, PSA and JSA began a long streak of 100% success and all the unscrupulous companies simply disappeared? I know that's all impossible, but what would you do?

...do that.
Can we just suspend all SGC authentication threads for a while? No use beating the same dead horse to a pulp like was done in that other thread.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:42 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
I emailed SGC twice asking politely who their authenticators are for their new service, they did not respond. I guess this is going to be the old shell game that psa and jsa play too.

People bash GFA, and rightfully so, for being so secretive, let's hold SGC to the same standard They don't seem to care about the collecting public. They totally ignore requests for more information. Who are their authenticators? No one knows. People email GFA and get no response, I have to put SGC in the same category of ignoring people.
Hmmm... Something tells me this isn't your first time being ignored, nor will it be your last.

Next, call the pharmaceutical company that makes the meds you stopped taking and ask them for the name of their scientists. I mean, you know your pizza maker. It only seems logical.