NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-09-2013, 02:10 PM
$c0tt A1p@ug.h

Default Fantasy Baseball League - N54 Owners wanted

I asked Leon and he said it would be alright to post this.

I've started an inaugural Dynasty (Keeper) Fantasy Baseball League and am currently looking for several owners to join the league ("Ethier Said Than Dunn"). 11 owners (4 from N54) committed so far and I'm looking for 1 more. I'd love to see some more N54 members join.

It is a weekly 12 team (three 4 team divisions), 6x6 (OBP and Holds added to the standard 5x5), head to head system. Each team will be award wins/losses/ties based upon the weekly scoring versus their opponent - ex: win 8 categories and tie 1 and your record is 8-3-1 for the week). The cost is $100 annually per team ($112.50 the first season with $12.50 to cover the league fee of $150). Owners will field a standard weekly lineup (C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 3 OF, UT, 4 SP, 3 RP and 1 SP/RP slot) plus 5 bench spots and 2 minor league spots (for your minor league prospects).

Each owner will keep 7 players for the following season and the league will run a standard waivers with fees for adds and trades to build a transaction pool.

Here are some additional specifics:

1. Scoring and roster rules will be posted on the CBS site and will be managed by CBS. Entry fee is $100 per team ($112.50 for first season to cover CBS fee of $150).

2. Prize pool will be $1200 plus transaction pool and will be paid accordingly:
$100 to each Division winner
$50 to Wild Card winner
$500 to World Series winner
$250 to World Series loser
$100 to 3rd place finisher (winner of loser bracket)
Transaction Pool (-$150 to pay league fee next season) to Best Regular Season Record

3. Owners will keep 7 players each season. Balance of roster will return to Free Agent Pool. Keepers must be announced 14 days before draft. If drops are not made, Commissioner will make drops based upon CBS preseason rankings (keeping the 7 highest rated players).

4. Off season trades (including draft picks) will be allowed ONLY if both owners are paid for upcoming season.

5. Changes to the Constitution will be made ONLY with a majority vote AND at least 75% of team owners voting. In-season changes will require 75% majority approval of the league to be implemented.

6. The first $150 of transaction pool will be used to pay for the next season's league fee to CBS. The balance will be paid to the team with the best regular season record (tie breaker is winning percentage, then head-to-head, then most regular season victories, then highest batting average, then lowest ERA).

7. League Draft will be extended format beginning on or about March 10, 2013. Owners will be able to draft in order on-line over an extended period as their schedule permits.

8. Inaugural draft will be serpentine (ex: 1-12, 12-1, 1-12, etc) and subsequent years will be in reverse order of finish with NO serpentine.

9. Transaction fees to be paid monthly throughout the season (due by the 5th of the next month - ex: April fees due by May 5th).

Please contact me via PM or at otwcards at aol dot com if you are interested or need more information.

Collecting: 1948 Leaf Football Master Set (PSA 7 or better - PSA 6 or better for High Numbers), 1948 Leaf Football White Backgrounds, 1948 Leaf Football On-card Autographs, Wire Photos or Original Photos depicting images used for the 1948 Leaf Football issue -- circa 1880-1909 Football cabinets

Last edited by OTWCards; 02-24-2013 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Added content
Old 02-10-2013, 02:06 PM
$c0tt A1p@ug.h

A friendly bump. So far, one potential owner from N54. Any more?

Collecting: 1948 Leaf Football Master Set (PSA 7 or better - PSA 6 or better for High Numbers), 1948 Leaf Football White Backgrounds, 1948 Leaf Football On-card Autographs, Wire Photos or Original Photos depicting images used for the 1948 Leaf Football issue -- circa 1880-1909 Football cabinets
Old 02-12-2013, 07:52 PM
$c0tt A1p@ug.h

Looking for 3 more owners. C'mon N54, this is your chance to control over 40% of the league ownership...

Old 02-12-2013, 09:49 PM
Chris Buckler

Default Fantasy Baseball

Count me in. My email is bucklercards@yahoo.com

Thanks
Chris Buckler
Old 02-12-2013, 10:16 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTWCards View Post
Looking for 3 more owners. C'mon N54, this is your chance to control over 40% of the league ownership...
Since we have other Leagues going right now (Dave's one's) that could be the reason for the less than great response. I don't do fantasy stuff. I live in my own dreamworld as is.

Last edited by Leon; 02-24-2013 at 05:51 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-13-2013, 01:32 AM
I@n Cl@rke

I'm in if there's still room.. email- itjclarke@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Ian

Last edited by itjclarke; 02-13-2013 at 01:33 AM. Reason: adding email
Old 02-24-2013, 12:20 PM
$c0tt A1p@ug.h

Lost an owner and waiting for one more to accept the invitation.

Have one last slot available (perhaps two). LMK if you're interested. As soon as we fill up, I'll prep everyone and we'll draw for draft positions and begin the online extended draft in about 10 days.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:30 AM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTWCards View Post
Lost an owner and waiting for one more to accept the invitation.

Have one last slot available (perhaps two). LMK if you're interested. As soon as we fill up, I'll prep everyone and we'll draw for draft positions and begin the online extended draft in about 10 days.
Thank you for the league invite. After a lifetime of baseball playing and baseball fandom, this will be my first try at fantasy baseball. I've done football and basketball for years, but never baseball. I'm excited for the season!

Ian