NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Football Cards Forum

Old 01-17-2013, 08:02 PM

Default My Football "monster" is complete

Just picked up a National Chicle Nagurski to finish the set. Yes it is a small "monster" at 36 cards, but what a journey it was. I like to take my time and enjoy the ride, which was certainly the case with this set. Picked up many at card shows; some from auction houses and ebay, and a few trades. What do I go after next? Hey, maybe there are back varieties to chase. Yes there is, so maybe I'm not done yet. Thank goodness only the low numbers have different backs. Just feeling good about the journey.
Rich

Last edited by ecRich; 10-24-2014 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:31 PM
Steve K@mmɘyɘr

congrats !!

always a good feeling to finish the journey!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:19 AM
Jeff P

Nice Rich! I know you've been working on this for a while. Congrats for pulling down the Nagurski.

jeff
Old 01-18-2013, 06:55 AM
Fred

congrats! always nice to finish a project
Old 01-18-2013, 09:46 AM

Default Outstaning!!

Nice looking sgc 10 nagurski looks better than that to me

I started collecting the set last year have 11 so far, including PSA 2 Tosi and Koskas I picked up for cheap!!! I am looking fora nagurski PSA 1 or SCG 1, so if you see any around let me know, also looking for low grade for my set so if you upgrade or have any duplicates, let me know

Thanks Tucker
Old 01-18-2013, 10:27 AM
Casey Moore

Great job and a great looking Nagurski!
Old 01-26-2013, 11:02 AM
James

Nice card! It just seems there was so much more creativity and artistry back then, whether it be on cards or pennants or advertising.

I LOVE vintage football and have a real respect for the greats of the past.

My next collecting venture after I get most of the vintage Browns pennants will be all of the Browns Hall of Famers rookie cards. The 1950 Bowmans will obviously be the most expensive for me, as well as the Jim Brown rookie card.

There's always something to collect!

http://www.collectorfocus.com/collec...wnscollector78
Old 02-03-2013, 01:40 AM

Congrats! That's a really nice SGC 10!

Ricky Y
Old 02-26-2013, 02:37 PM
Daniel Elsass

Congrats to you on getting the set completed. I am getting started on this one myself, I only have the Rockne, so a long way to go.

--------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownscollector78 View Post
Nice card! It just seems there was so much more creativity and artistry back then, whether it be on cards or pennants or advertising.

I LOVE vintage football and have a real respect for the greats of the past.

My next collecting venture after I get most of the vintage Browns pennants will be all of the Browns Hall of Famers rookie cards. The 1950 Bowmans will obviously be the most expensive for me, as well as the Jim Brown rookie card.

There's always something to collect!
Browns Collector, I have a lot of the 50's Bowman stuff, let me do some digging in the next few weeks and see what I have here with me. If not, I am going to my storage unit within the next few months and can dig out some items from there as well.