NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 10-04-2012, 01:22 PM
M@tt Schw@de

Default Need More Advice - In Person Autograph

You guys helped me out with the TTM personalization question and it worked out!! I got the program in the mail yesterday, not personalized. So I come to you today for more advice....

I have a very very rare (but not old) program with two guys on the cover. One guy is an icon, while the other is famous and known, but not in the "superstar" status. The latter will be in the same place I am in on Saturday night, while the superstar is having a private signing in a couple of weeks.

My thought was to bring it with me on Saturday and try to get the one guy to sign it and if successful, send it away to the private signing finish it off.

What do I do if the following happens???

Me: "Mr. So and So, would you mind signing my program?"

Mr. So and So: "Sure, what's your name?"

Obviously, you know what I am asking. I know the second guy is not going to personalize it, so I would rather not have this guy sign it to me either. What can I possibly say to him if that happens so he only signs his name?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 10-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Is@ac Le.vin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschwade View Post
You guys helped me out with the TTM personalization question and it worked out!! I got the program in the mail yesterday, not personalized. So I come to you today for more advice....

I have a very very rare (but not old) program with two guys on the cover. One guy is an icon, while the other is famous and known, but not in the "superstar" status. The latter will be in the same place I am in on Saturday night, while the superstar is having a private signing in a couple of weeks.

My thought was to bring it with me on Saturday and try to get the one guy to sign it and if successful, send it away to the private signing finish it off.

What do I do if the following happens???

Me: "Mr. So and So, would you mind signing my program?"

Mr. So and So: "Sure, what's your name?"

Obviously, you know what I am asking. I know the second guy is not going to personalize it, so I would rather not have this guy sign it to me either. What can I possibly say to him if that happens so he only signs his name?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks,
Matt
I would be honest with him. Tell him you plan on getting the other player to sign it as well, and because of circumstances, he probably would not have the time or frankly care to personalize it and you think it might look a bit odd hanging in your man cave like that. You may piss him off and he may not sign, but at least your reason is a decent one.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:54 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

Agreed...honesty is definately the best way to go...if you want to PM me, perhaps I have had an experince with the player...either way, good luck! Matt
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:35 PM

Why not just ask him to make a generic inscription that everyone would love? I see a lot of To So and So but not too many To my pal, Signature or To A Real Fan, Signature.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:30 PM

Default program

If the program is of the glossy variety the personilization can be removed via a number of methods. Personally I use a Sanford white photo eraser
Old 10-04-2012, 06:56 PM
M@tt Schw@de

I cut the grass tonight and thought a while about it... If he asks me for my name to personalize it, I will likely just have him sign it and not send it off to the superstar. I'll check back in and let you know how it goes, I might not even get close enough to him on Saturday.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:33 AM
Tim

Default generic........

"Best Wishes" is always a good generic signage.....................
Old 10-05-2012, 07:28 AM
Michael

Default autograph

I have been getting autographs in person for 10 years. Very few players will personalize an item if it has more than one players picture on it so I probably wouldn't worry though you too can email me and I can tell you more if I've gotten him
Old 10-06-2012, 08:27 AM
M@tt Schw@de

Alright, tonight's the night. The program is kind of dark, how do people feel about getting these signed in silver sharpie????
Old 10-06-2012, 09:01 AM
M@tt McC@rthy

Quote:
Alright, tonight's the night. The program is kind of dark, how do people feel about getting these signed in silver sharpie????
Silver is fine...good luck!
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Silver is cool especially in the dark areas of a program or picture.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:09 AM
M@tt Schw@de

Didn't happen but hopefully I'll have more opportunities.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:16 AM
J@RR0D

Quote:
Didn't happen but hopefully I'll have more opportunities.
Story?
Old 10-08-2012, 10:18 AM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
Originally Posted by scmavl View Post
Story?
If he was there, I didn't see him. Long story short, his son plays on the football team I went to see.. But doesn't play much as a freshman. He had been to all the previous home games, but wasn't at Saturday's.