NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 03-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Names in posts?

Guys, this is going to get really tiresome and I am sure to piss some folks off....as I have recently. If you are going to be in any kind of thread that has debates about anything you really need to have your full name in the post or the thread. So, if you say something like "no, I think you are wrong...blah blah blah" then your name needs to be there. I think ya'll get it but there are several every day participants that are not doing it. Check out your posts and if if you are arguing, debating, saying anything is not good etc.....then please put your full name in your post. Questions?
Old 03-24-2011, 01:48 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

Wouldn't it be easier on you if member names just defaulted under their avatar...ie

BigSix
Matt McCarthy

and make it so no one can tamper with it? Seems a waste of your time...but thanks for all your efforts...this is a great place to learn...Matt
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:52 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Six View Post
Wouldn't it be easier on you if member names just defaulted under their avatar...ie

BigSix
Matt McCarthy

and make it so no one can tamper with it? Seems a waste of your time...but thanks for all your efforts...this is a great place to learn...Matt
Matt, there are many member who do not participate in controversial subjects, but who enjoy adding their knowledge about cards and memorabilia who for whatever reason wish to remain anonymous...Net54 would lose a lot of great contributors if we did that.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:57 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default very soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Matt, there are many member who do not participate in controversial subjects, but who enjoy adding their knowledge about cards and memorabilia who for whatever reason wish to remain anonymous...Net54 would lose a lot of great contributors if we did that.
I think very soon we will have to revert to having their name in that "member" field as it's the only one I am aware of that a member can't change. That would ONLY be for folks that continually don't follow the rules. Heck, there are several every day posters I don't want to lose and it would make it so much easier if they just put their names in their sig lines. Otherwise, I completely agree with Dan, we will never make it mandatory on the whole board, to put names in posts, as some folks really just want to talk cards/memorabilia, don't want their names on the board and can stay away from the controversial threads. I have to say it is very taxing to continually deal with this. regards
Old 03-25-2011, 04:50 AM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

Leon,

I had asked in a different topic why I had to include my name. Now after reading your post, I understand your reasoning.

thanks for all the hard work you do.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:29 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default thanks so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports-rings View Post
Leon,

I had asked in a different topic why I had to include my name. Now after reading your post, I understand your reasoning.

thanks for all the hard work you do.
Thanks so much Michael. As difficult as it is running herd over the name issue I feel it's the right way to have a chat board and have as much legitimacy as possible. I have been on, and seen others, that don't require it and it becomes a major train wreck with who knows what going on. When people don't have to be held accountable for what they say they have a tendency to say things they shouldn't. This board is extremely open for saying what you want to but you have to put your name by it. I have run a few very good board members off lately and it really sucks but the policy will continue. IF people don't like it then they can leave or not post.