NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 12-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Chris

Default I have now seen it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1952-Topps-Micke...#ht_712wt_1139

look at this beauty he sold, must have gotten it fro m rarerookies:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Honus-Wagner-T-2...#ht_500wt_1156

Last edited by hunterdutchess; 12-02-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Dave

This is wonderful. I've been waiting years for a grading card company to offer screw-down slabs.

This way I can remove the card from the holder when the mood strikes me, play flipsies with the next door neighbor kid and gingerly replace the card in the holder when I'm done.

....and they say, dreams don't come true.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Jon Canfield

The sad thing is, when PSA first started up, they placed cards in screwdowns when their standard-sized holders would not fit the cards being submitted for grading. True story.

Last edited by canjond; 12-03-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:53 AM
Jon Canfield

Here is an E90-1 Jackson that sold in the 2008 REA auction: http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/.../2008/296.html The Jackson was graded a "7" by PSA and came in a screw-down holder. According to the auction explanation, "There apparently was no correct sized holder for the card, he told us, so it was sold to him in a screw-down holder with the PSA label on the reverse in the holder, and a special PSA sticker on the back explaining that there was no holder for the card. We still didn't know what he was talking about, but we were optimistic that the card was a Near Mint example of Joe Jackson's legendary rookie card from the E90-1 American Caramel Company set. The fact that E90-1s tend to be a little taller than tobacco cards made us think that maybe, in the earliest days of grading, a full-sized E90-1 would not fit in a PSA holder designed for a T206 card, and this alternative holder was utilized for a few cards. We asked for the certification number on the PSA label to look it up (06017427) and we found that this cert number did indeed correspond to a PSA 7 NM E90-1 Joe Jackson, and it was the only example graded at this level. Naturally, we were encouraged!"
Old 12-07-2010, 11:48 AM
Arnie

Note that the label on this "graded" card has no company name. I just feel sorry for any buyer who falls for crap like this.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Al Richter

Default Mantle Reprint

I sent him a Q asking if the screws in the scan were symbolic. His response was "Maybe, if the buyer does not read the description saying it is likely a reprint"
Old 12-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Jake Dahl

I was just about to bid until I read the comment about there being no grading company label, now I know its too good to be true on that 52 I will stay away
Old 12-11-2010, 09:01 PM
John Manning

Default What's half of nothing?

How can baseballguy86 have a 50% positive feedback rating, with no feedback at all in the last six months? In fact, the only feedback he's ever had as a seller was negative -- six of 'em in the previous six months. Ah, but he's a great buyer, with six positives in that same period. And of course, six of 12 is 50%, in an odd way.

How can eBay ...? I'll bet most questions in this forum begin with these words.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:22 PM

Just went back and forth with baseballguy86 on his PSA 4 52 Mantle auction. High bid was $5250. Post auction, I told him I'd pay $6500 if buyer backed out. He tripped over his own feet saying YES. Suggested escrow.com as holding tank for $$$ until I received the legit card to verify. Long story short ... He is very artistic on the computer. Asked him to take another photo with a quarter on top of card. He took it, but it was yet a different Mantle reprint. Complete Scam. Says he made mistake because he has so many 52 Mantles