NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 07-16-2010, 06:35 PM
Mark B

Default How do You Keep Track of Your Collection?

What do you use to inventory what you have, need, etc? I've always struggled with finding best (and easiest) method, from notebooks, to spreadsheets, to a simple database for keeping track. Would be interested in what you have found works well for you...
Old 07-16-2010, 06:38 PM
Jeff

Click on my link and you can see how I keep my cards organized!

Always looking for interesting pre-war baseball & hockey postcards!
Old 07-16-2010, 07:17 PM
Jeff

I basically keep mine in an Access database that is sortable by: Year, Set, Player, Price paid, seller, graded or non-graded, etc. I log them in as soon as I receive them and when I trade or sell (rare) I move them to another database.

Jeff,

Nince job with your site.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:04 PM
Phil Garry

Simple excel spreadsheet for me
Old 07-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Doug C.

I guess it depends on the type of collection you have. If you are working on a set (or sets) and they are graded PSA and SGC have the registries that you can use to keep track of your progress. If they aren't graded, I'm sure a simple spreadsheet would work.

Last edited by Doug; 07-17-2010 at 08:15 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:00 PM
Rob Miller

Pretty much same as Jeff, I keep everything on my ImageEvent site and graded card registries.

Rob
Old 07-16-2010, 10:22 PM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robextend View Post
Pretty much same as Jeff, I keep everything on my ImageEvent site and graded card registries.

Rob
I knew my fellow imageevent user would show up sometime on this thread!

Always looking for interesting pre-war baseball & hockey postcards!
Old 07-17-2010, 05:54 AM
Mark B

The image Event site seems very cool for a small collection, or your most impressive cards. I am just coming back to the hobby in earnest, and like to collect some sets as well as individual cards. In addition, I sometimes buy things in anticipation of using them in trade down the road. As a result, I tend to accumulate more than I would want to add to Image Event.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:16 AM
Steve Birmingham

In the past I used a bunch of different written methods. Notebooks, 3x5 cards, 3x5 cards punched for a tiny binder, sheets of paper with the list of numbers I needed folded in the box. All of those had big problems, Mainly access when I needed it, plus I would often lose the list and have to start over.

Now I'm putting them into excel spreadsheets, just a simple grid, numbered along the side and top, like a big checklist. Cards I have are checked off with a lowercase h if it's vg or less, uppercase if it's in decent condition. Graded ones I put the number in the box. T206s I've switched to the superset list with the colors removed in the field. It's much nicer than the one I made.

I haven't quite figured out how to handle variations yet. Especially on certain modern sets where there are hundreds. (And I suspect I'm the only one looking for some of them.)

Steve B
Old 07-18-2010, 08:23 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbgcbrcb View Post
Simple excel spreadsheet for me
+1, though not so simple as there is lots of info to be input for each card.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 07-19-2010, 02:26 PM
Scott Mt. Joy

90% of my collection is graded so VCP my collection works great and gives me up to date prices on all my groups and sets.