NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 10-12-2009, 07:44 PM

Default Someones going to be mad

When they find out they paid $280 for a worthless fake

http://cgi.ebay.com/MICKEY-MANTLE-7-...item439a979c92
Old 10-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Jimmy

Default Someones going to be mad Reply to Thread

Wow, the second M is not even attached!

Jimmy
Old 10-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Pup6913

looks like some seller recieved their monthly supply of Roaches Corner Mantle autos with inscriptions to boot.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Bill H@e1ig

come on guys, it came with a COA

IMO one of the worst things the "hobby" did in the 1990's, was to indoctrinate the casual collecting public that if an item (such as this piece of garbage) came with a COA, it had to be good.

Last edited by roarfrom34; 10-12-2009 at 08:46 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 10-13-2009, 05:14 AM

Isnt that also one of those cheap rubber baseballs?

Not sure I would have paid $5 for that if the sig was real.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:40 AM
Chuck Tapia

Unacceptable Authenticators on eBay
Many eBay members have heard about a federal investigation by the FBI and United States Attorneys' offices into forgeries of sports autographs and certificates of authenticity that may have been falsely issued. As a result of that case, eBay will not permit the use of or reference to certificates of authenticity on its site that have been issued by the following parties:

All-Sports Cards & Memorabilia

Classic Memorabilia

Dave Niedema, a.k.a. Dave Madiema

Donald Frangipani

Forensic Document Services-Robert Prouty

Hollywood Dreams

J. Dimaggio Co. / J. Dimaggio Company

Legends Sports Memorabilia

North Shore Sports

Pro Sports / Pro Sports Memorabilia

R.R.'s Sports Cards & Collectibles

SCAA /Front Page Art Angela-John Marino

Slamdunk Sportscards Memoribilia

Sport Card Kid Hunting Beachor

Sports Alley Memorabilia

Sports Management Group

Stan's Sports / Stans Sports Memorabilia

Steve Ryan

Universal

Universal Inc.

Universal Memorabilia

W.W. Sportscards & Collectibles

Unrelated to this investigation, eBay does not allow Certificates of Authenticity from any of the following authenticators:

Donald Frangipani

Hundreds of COAs originally issued by Donald Frangipani may have been fraudulently copied or altered. Until further notice, eBay will not permit any use of or reference to certificates of authenticity issued by Donald Frangipani.

Robert Prouty

Forensic examiner Robert Prouty and a company known as Forensic Document Services caused a number of certificates to be issued based upon only limited, "cursory" reviews of autographs. Based upon information from the N.Y. Department of Consumer Affairs, federal law enforcement and Mr. Prouty, it appears that these limited reviews were not sufficient to provide meaningful assurances about the authenticity of the autograph. As a number of items issued with such certificates may be forgeries, eBay will not permit any such limited certificates of authenticity issued by Robert Prouty or Forensic Document Services to be used in any way on eBay.

Forensic Document Services

Any listings that refer to examinations or certificates of authenticity from these companies or individuals are not allowed.

What I don't understand is how e-bay doesn't pull this immediately is beyond me. That looks like an operation bullpen Marino special to me. $280. is a tad overpriced for a fake and a good learning experience for the dope that was duped.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:34 AM
FredYoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsports33 View Post
Wow, the second M is not even attached!

Jimmy
Jimmy--

In interest of fairness & accuracy, the second M in Mick's AUTHENTIC sig is not attached!
Old 10-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Jimmy

Default Someones going to be mad Reply to Thread

yes, but the M does not go up like the eBay example and many authentic signatures get close or touch the "a" in Mantle