NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-25-2017, 08:32 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
I am knocking on wood when I say this, but I drop in a blue box most mornings on my way to work and over the years less than 1 out of a 1000 mailings have not received an origin scan leaving my local area causing my shipment not to meet eBay's shipping expectations. If I have time during the day or have large boxes going out, I stop at a "contract" (privately run) USPS post office and they scan it. Very friendly folks who allow me to bypass any line, hand them my outgoing and they scan when they are free.

^^^^^ You are playing with fire...I had one card not get a scan dropping it in that unattended blue box. I don't know if a postal employee took the card, the winning bidder got the card and took advantage, or what......all I know is I gave away a card and that damn thing still hasn't received a scan. That was enough for me.
I have been dropping mail like this for the past 15+ years....a handful of lost pieces locally(far fewer than the # lost with a scan after leaving my area), a very small pct not scanned at origin (but scanned upon arrival) are what I have had to deal with in all that time. Trust me when I say, if there was a problem or one develops, I would not continue dropping my mail in a blue box.

Any higher priced items, parcels etc are either dropped off at the contact office and scanned, or I have the mailing picked up by my route carrier and scanned in front of me. However, I will continue to take my chances dropping a 1st class package with tracking containing some $2 card in the blue box as in 15+ years it has not been a problem. I understand shippers in other cities/towns have had different experiences dropping in a blue box, but I, to this point, have not.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:13 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

#5 from the OP... When did they add 100 transactions a month? I have never seen that before and I have been a TRS for as long as they have had the program. I rarely hit 100 completed transactions a month.

Now that the discount is 10% I will probably stop jumping through hoops and change all of my returns to the shortest allowable period.

Jeff
Old 04-25-2017, 09:51 AM
Jeff P0tter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera View Post
#5 from the OP... When did they add 100 transactions a month? I have never seen that before and I have been a TRS for as long as they have had the program. I rarely hit 100 completed transactions a month.

Now that the discount is 10% I will probably stop jumping through hoops and change all of my returns to the shortest allowable period.

Jeff
I believe it is still 100 transactions over a twelve month period as the requirement.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:53 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera View Post

Jeff

I believe #5 and #6 is an either/or thing, and it's an average taken throughout the last year.

#3. Is certainly the hardest to keep up with, as it's the most unforgiving and relies heavily on Post Office pick-up times and scan reliability. A snow storm and no pick-up on the wrong day can pretty much crater you for the year.

You can luck out and still have your packages delivered on time, but I wonder if anybody realized that Ebay changed their formula for late deliveries with late origin scans.

Ebay gives more time for Priority packages to reach their destination then they do for 1st Class Mail. It's basically a built in penalty for not using Priority Mail, and giving Ebay and even bigger cut of the S&H pie.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:06 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
I have been dropping mail like this for the past 15+ years....a handful of lost pieces locally(far fewer than the # lost with a scan after leaving my area), a very small pct not scanned at origin (but scanned upon arrival) are what I have had to deal with in all that time. Trust me when I say, if there was a problem or one develops, I would not continue dropping my mail in a blue box.

Any higher priced items, parcels etc are either dropped off at the contact office and scanned, or I have the mailing picked up by my route carrier and scanned in front of me. However, I will continue to take my chances dropping a 1st class package with tracking containing some $2 card in the blue box as in 15+ years it has not been a problem. I understand shippers in other cities/towns have had different experiences dropping in a blue box, but I, to this point, have not.
Understood. The majority of my cards ARE NOT $2 cards. If they were, I would be more lenient.