NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Jerry

Default How do you display your slabbed T-206's/T-205's?

I have a dilemma brewing ... but a good dilemma :-) I purchased some non-slabbed T-206's and T-205's back in the 1980's/90's that I put in a binder like all my 1950's/60's Topps sets. They currently reside in (15) pocket Ultra Pro pages. But more recently I have started occasionally buying slabbed tobacco cards since there are so many modified tobacco cards on eBay these days. Actually ... this is not really a new phenomenon as a few of the tobacco cards I bought in the 80's/90's were trimmed. So I guess intentionally modifying cards has been around for awhile ... unfortunately. Anyway ... I really like displaying ALL my cards in binders including the T-206's and T-205's. I don't want to crack the slabbed tobacco cards like I occasionally do for lower grade vintage Topps cards. So ... I was trying to figure out a way to somehow have the slabbed and non-slabbed tobacco cards in the same binder. But I haven't figured out a good way to do that yet. Maybe it really can't be done ... nicely. So I'd be interested in hearing about other ways of displaying slabbed cards, primarily tobacco cards since I really don't have many slabbed Topps cards. Also ... before too long my slabbed tobacco cards will out number my non-slabbed tobacco. Any display suggestions would welcome. Thanks!
Old 08-07-2013, 07:43 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

There are probably plastic pages that have pockets that will fit slabbed cards. We know there are ones for raw ones. Any reason you can cohabitate them in the same binder?
Old 08-07-2013, 08:09 PM
Ken McMillan

They make binder pages that hold 4 graded cards per page. I got the ones I used to use off of eBay and used them before I got my Pennzoni cases. Wall mount cases look nice is why I took them out of the binders.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:13 PM
Jerry

Thanks Leon. I did find this old Net54 thread, but it didn't seem like the pages were working too good:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?p=444142

And I haven't found any other type slab holder pages yet via Google. Also ... I was curious if others may be displaying in a different manner that I haven't thought of (that I might try). Right now I have my slabbed cards in a box with the top cut off. Not very creative, but I'm not too creative a person when it comes to these kinds of things :-)
Old 08-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac32 View Post
They make binder pages that hold 4 graded cards per page. I got the ones I used to use off of eBay and used them before I got my Pennzoni cases. Wall mount cases look nice is why I took them out of the binders.
Thanks Ken ... I just started looking thru some of the Pennzoni cases on their website. I wish I had a bigger display room :-)

Last edited by obcbeatle; 08-07-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:38 PM
Jamie

Ive shown my custom display a few times before.. it can fit SGC or PSA graded cards.. holds up to 40 cards.. glass on both sides to display the fronts and backs without having to take the cards out and turn them

Old 08-07-2013, 08:45 PM
Ad@m Be11

I keep my slabbed T206 cards in a fancy hinged box with a lock on my shelf. I want to get a nameplate made at Things Remembered to attach to it, to personalize my collection and add a little more reverence to the box's contents. My biggest concern with displaying is theft though. I have small kids and eventually they'll have friends hanging around our house and that's just a recipe for disaster. That's why I chose something with a locking mechanism. Not sure if that's an issue for you, but something to think about none the less. If I want to look at my cards, I just go over to my box and open it up.
E106: 4/48
E210-1: Completed December 2013
R319: 43/240
Old 08-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Steven Finley

All three major slabs fit in Ultra Pro's four pocket sheets. I just started storing my graded cards this way. PSA slabs in graded card sleeves and SGC/BVG slabs as is fit perfect and don't move around.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:06 AM
Brent

nice custom display. any idea where I might find something similar to yours?
Old 08-08-2013, 08:11 AM
Chr!$ "Bubba" L@mb

Jamie, That's an amazing display piece! It was nice meeting up with you at Leon's table and it was great to finally see your "ghost" in person.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:12 AM
Chr!$ "Bubba" L@mb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMBST95 View Post
I keep my slabbed T206 cards in a fancy hinged box with a lock on my shelf. I want to get a nameplate made at Things Remembered to attach to it, to personalize my collection and add a little more reverence to the box's contents. My biggest concern with displaying is theft though. I have small kids and eventually they'll have friends hanging around our house and that's just a recipe for disaster. That's why I chose something with a locking mechanism. Not sure if that's an issue for you, but something to think about none the less. If I want to look at my cards, I just go over to my box and open it up.
I own a trophy/promotional products business. I can save you money and a trip to the mall. Pm coming your way.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:23 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default My solution

Many of mine are displayed in numbered cardboard boxes in an undisclosed location.

All are scanned though and only a couple of clicks away in virtual corresponding numbered boxes on my laptop. I would need dozens of Pennzonis and a bigger home otherwise.

My modest display cabinet shows a rotating selection of cards tastefully arranged that no one looks at for more than 5 seconds except me.
When I tell new and old friends that I collect prewar baseball cards, rarely do I get any response at all, not even an "Oh".

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfinley View Post
All three major slabs fit in Ultra Pro's four pocket sheets. I just started storing my graded cards this way. PSA slabs in graded card sleeves and SGC/BVG slabs as is fit perfect and don't move around.
Thanks for all the replies so far. Those display cases really look nice! I may go that route in the long term when I have a bigger room :-) I used to have a mid-sized wooden display case that my brother-in-law made for me back in the early 1990's when I used to occasionally set up a booth at a local card show. Unfortunately, it was totaled during our move from Georgia -> Vermont. Too bad because it was a nice case with a red felt bottom that I think now would now display my slabbed and non-slabbed tobacco cards pretty well ... for awhile. I wish I had good wood working skills. My wife just laughs when I try to hammer a nail straight in the wall to hang a picture :-) Anyway ... for now I think I will go ahead and try the Ultra Pro four pockets that Steven mentioned. Again ... thanks for all the replies!
Old 08-08-2013, 11:27 AM
P.hil €lli$

Default Here's some of mine

Here are 100 slabbed T206s
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 013.jpg (71.9 KB, 210 views)
Old 08-08-2013, 11:58 AM
Bi11..R0berts

Phil are those custom frames or sotre bought?
Old 08-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brob28 View Post
Phil are those custom frames or sotre bought?
Those are 50 card Pennzonicases. Very nice. I have the 36 card deep Pennzoni cases and they are just as nice.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:13 PM
P.hil €lli$

Yes, Pennzoni.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Ed McCollum

Default Jamie, that is a great display

Looking at it, at first, I thought it was like an old time chalk board that basically flipped top to bottom, but looking closer, I'm guessing not. How do you change from front to back view? Very cool however it is done.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:40 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

I have the 50 size Penzoni's also not bad for the price but a little flimsy, you can actually fit 55 psa slabs in them. I have the complete 48 Bowman set displayed, its the perfect size.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:20 PM
Mike Bodner

I'm just about to purchase a Pennzoni case for graded cards...are the DEEP cases better for display? Thanks!
Old 08-09-2013, 08:20 PM
Bi11..R0berts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgellis View Post
Yes, Pennzoni.
Thanks Ken & Phil, I'll look those up.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmrson View Post
I'm just about to purchase a Pennzoni case for graded cards...are the DEEP cases better for display? Thanks!
They are nice. The cards have a groove to hold them and they lean back. The only negative is if you have SGC graded cards, they will overlap slightly in the 36 card cases and don't quite fit all 36 cards correctly. If you replace one SGC card with a PSA card, they will fit fine. The issue is the width of the SGC holders.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:12 PM
Mike Bodner

Quote:
They are nice. The cards have a groove to hold them and they lean back. The only negative is if you have SGC graded cards, they will overlap slightly in the 36 card cases and don't quite fit all 36 cards correctly. If you replace one SGC card with a PSA card, they will fit fine. The issue is the width of the SGC holders.
Thanks for the info! I'll go with the deep one...now just to pick the color to put on my Tigers orange wall...
Old 08-09-2013, 09:21 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmrson View Post
Thanks for the info! I'll go with the deep one...now just to pick the color to put on my Tigers orange wall...
Black looks sharp. When you get the case, go to Home Depot and buy a French clete to hang it. The hardware that comes on the case will work, but the French clete system makes it easier to hang level and it would take a bomb to knock it off a wall.

Last edited by kmac32; 08-09-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:48 PM
Mike Bodner

Quote:
Black looks sharp. When you get the case, go to Home Depot and buy a French clete to hang it. The hardware that comes on the case will work, but the French clete system makes it easier to hang level and it would take a bomb to knock it off a wall.
Thanks for the color and bracket info! I was leaning towards black since my framed stuff is in black as well.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:10 PM
Josh Margolin

I'm going to slightly hijack and ask about displaying larger SGC graded cards, like a T222 or postcards. It doesn't look like those fit in a Pennzoni. Am I looking at a custom or DIY job?

Want List: T227 Baker Amen!