NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-30-2013, 03:17 PM
pete ullman

the verdict is in...my ruth was graded A for added color...paypal was kind enough to grant me 1 exception to their rule and file a claim for the full amount minus the grading fee I presume?!?!

If our friend, Den Prak, or whomever is at the receiving end of the paypal account does not respond in 10 days...paypal will pay me the full amount. If he does respond...who knows what may happen?!?!
Old 05-30-2013, 03:22 PM
Bi11..R0berts

That's great news Peter - the paypal part

Last edited by brob28; 05-30-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:24 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Good Luck with that, Peter. I think you'll be ok. Dave
Old 05-30-2013, 03:26 PM
Bi11..R0berts

Thinking of Leon's earlier post that this goes into the 1,000's of cards. The '57 Robinson shown in another post was in a PSA holder, hopefully these were not getting past TPG. On the other hand if these guys were creating their own slabs I sure hope there is a good way to spot them that comes out of this.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:35 PM
Ken Madden
Ken.neth D. M@dden

Wow! I'm sure some of those cards could have fooled me. Good thing I'm broke!
Old 05-30-2013, 03:39 PM
De.rek Pul.atie

Could it be another WIWAG type deal? I wonder if these guys were getting into Fake PSA slabs and high grade modern stuff. Like Jordan 10s and what not. Will be interesting to see what comes of this. So these were the only transactions he did on here correct? But he did maybe 7 figures? Of what? Whats his ebay id if yall have it?
Old 05-30-2013, 03:51 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobblove View Post
Could it be another WIWAG type deal? I wonder if these guys were getting into Fake PSA slabs and high grade modern stuff. Like Jordan 10s and what not. Will be interesting to see what comes of this. So these were the only transactions he did on here correct? But he did maybe 7 figures? Of what? Whats his ebay id if yall have it?
Please be careful quoting what I say in this thread as fact. Most of it is what I believe, or have been told, and is not substantiated. I was told it was in fact Jordon rookies on the fake cards and maybe some slabs....but again, don't take that as gospel. The reason this is sketchy is because of the amount of fraud, multiple scammers (a ring) and the ongoing investigation. The guy that told me he was Den, whom I spoke to yesterday, is obviously a skilled scam artist. I have got almost all of my info from another board member who I will not name. The Secret Service agent told me very little, of course. I wouldn't expect them to divulge much information. I asked if there were multiple victims, I was told yes. I said, if I were to say on my chat board that these people are bad people would that be true? I was told yes. There really wasn't a whole lot more in that conversation. I then forwarded some emails and offered my help in any way possible. Hopefully we will be able to find out more as it comes out....

Edited to add...I received 3-5 emails and PMs from board members that did good deals with this person. I didn't receive any emails or PMs of bad deals. The scammer even kept saying that all of his deals on the board were good, and he was correct. I have to believe it was to set up a bigger, fraudulent deal. There was a 40k one in the works that got stopped at the last hour....thank God. That might have been what they were going for on the board, I don't know.

Last edited by Leon; 05-30-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:42 PM
Mike Mullins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
the verdict is in...my ruth was graded A for added color...paypal was kind enough to grant me 1 exception to their rule and file a claim for the full amount minus the grading fee I presume?!?!

If our friend, Den Prak, or whomever is at the receiving end of the paypal account does not respond in 10 days...paypal will pay me the full amount. If he does respond...who knows what may happen?!?!
Just curious...if PayPal refunds your money, do you get to keep the card? It's still an authentic Ruth, after all.

Regardless, good luck! Sounds like it is going to work out for you.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:51 PM
Ken Madden
Ken.neth D. M@dden

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullinsm View Post
Just curious...if PayPal refunds your money, do you get to keep the card? It's still an authentic Ruth, after all.

Regardless, good luck! Sounds like it is going to work out for you.
Get the refund and keep the card! Offer it to the DA as evidence or keep it! F that crook. What's he gonna do, sue?
Old 05-30-2013, 03:57 PM
pete ullman

thanks sean...
Old 05-30-2013, 04:14 PM
Peter Spaeth

"Edited to add...I received 3-5 emails and PMs from board members that did good deals with this person. I didn't receive any emails or PMs of bad deals. The scammer even kept saying that all of his deals on the board were good, and he was correct."

How was he correct if he sold Peter a recolored Ruth?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:17 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
"Edited to add...I received 3-5 emails and PMs from board members that did good deals with this person. I didn't receive any emails or PMs of bad deals. The scammer even kept saying that all of his deals on the board were good, and he was correct."

Except that one....but I am not positive he even knew the card was bad when he sold it, not that it matters. But you are correct. Where I was going with this is that I don't think he had scammed on the board yet..(this altered card withstanding)
Old 05-30-2013, 04:21 PM
Peter Spaeth

Is this related, also involved scam out of San Diego?

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...ight=san+diego

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:32 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post

Re coloring: Doesn't sound like he would know if his Ruth was tainted, anyway. Just my 2cents, but if i read Leon correctly, he was surf fishing before he goes deep sea for a marlin, ergo the 40k deal that was nixed at the 11th hour.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:36 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Also note that the SK Ty Cobb that this guy was complaining about PSA grading on (Link) also came back as Altered, so it's possible it may have been recolored also. Also sold to a boardmember, but it looks like he accepted a return.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:16 PM
De.rek Pul.atie

Thanks leon.
I was trying to just ask a question and thanks for the reply. I wasnt sure exactly what was going on and my questions were only questions and not facts.