NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 01-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Chris Wood

Default Did a five min gooGlenimage search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basinballers View Post
I did search the web hoping to find a photo but none show the under brim of his hat. Odds of getting that would be tough. I will keep looking though. Someone mentioned a bat. Are you referring to the Harper gamer in my store? It is also on consignment from the same source. We are kind of hoping that Bryce makes it back to the AFL next year and maybe we can resolve this then. As far as the Posey glove goes, can an unendorsed glove be authenticated as GU? If so, please tell me who does this.
not the clearest image but does hint at a Harper's writing preferences under the bill.

with regards to the Posey glove. It should be easier to match a glove style as it should be quite visible in many shots.

Have fun digging! Good luck.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:38 PM
George Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball tourist View Post
not the clearest image but does hint at a Harper's writing preferences under the bill.

with regards to the Posey glove. It should be easier to match a glove style as it should be quite visible in many shots.

Have fun digging! Good luck.
Thanks. I did look at this one. I blew it up too. It did look like writing under it, but I am unsure. I am going to see if I can get my hands on the Posey glove. I will be going to the Giants camp a few times in a couple of weeks. Maybe I can get him to sign it GU.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:00 PM
George Bryan

Got a bit of clarification. Turns out that he left the hat on the table next to his locker after the championship game and the cleaning out of lockers. He is not 100% sure it was the hat worn in that game but it was on of two game used hats. Players typically have two different hats on this team. This makes it a little more difficult. We are going to go after the Posey glove and a pair of his workout shoes (batting cage ect..) from the 09 season. We should be able to get those taken care of this spring. He also has Dominic Brown's cleats from last year (09), but again, only a number written in sharpie. Brown will not be back this way except at the D-backs/Phillies games. I have been trying to talk him into lowering the price on the Harper bat and that may happen. We have been offered $555 but kicked it back.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:23 PM
Shinzo Shimozukawa
Banned

Last edited by shimozukawa; 02-16-2011 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:02 PM
Kevin O'Gara

why pay 500.00 dollars for a hat of a guy thats done nothing.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:17 AM
Bilko Glasier

Quote:
Originally Posted by khkco4bls View Post
why pay 500.00 dollars for a hat of a guy thats done nothing.

its called "speculating" or "prospecting". People do it to make money.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:46 AM
Shinzo Shimozukawa
Banned

Last edited by shimozukawa; 02-16-2011 at 10:40 PM. Reason: .
Old 01-31-2011, 12:31 AM
George Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimozukawa View Post
So your source's story has changed from "Bryce Harper gave me this hat which he used in the AFL Championship game, but he refused to sign the hat." to "I found this hat next to Bryce Harper's locker on a table after the players cleaned out their lockers for the season."... and you don't find that HIGHLY disconcerting? Those are two VERY different stories. Especially after you were aggressively defensive when I mentioned that there were issues with potential authentication.

Given this new origin story, I would even question the validity of the bat being game-used by Harper. How do you know that your friend didn't simply find Harper's bat in the garbage (or on the ground or whatever) after batting practice? The bat might not be game used... heck, it might not even have been used by Harper! After all, it's not unheard of for players to use other players' bats. Yes, players do allow teammates to use their bats on occasion. Some players won't allow others to use their bat, but some players will.

To be honest, this calls into question the integrity of every item he's ever given to you or that you've sold for him. Just my thoughts.
It is responses like this that make me realize that posting items such as these on a public forum only draw ridicule from the angry people. I am done. Thanks to all of those that tried to help. I do not have time for this kind of ridicule. It is VERY embarrassing. I mean where do you get off? Really. Respond as you wish cause I won't be here to read it. You try to be honest and all you get is hatred.

Last edited by Basinballers; 01-31-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:10 PM
Frank Kealoha Ward

FWIW

What shimozukawa said, is exactly what I was thinking myself while reading through this post for my first time, its realistic.

IMO the only way you can sell that hat is with a letter from the team or Harper..... But that boat has passed, probably.
Or if you can positively ID it with a clear closeup picture, but that would be hard because that type of writing seems easy to duplicate, and the hat was barely used in a game, or maybe not even in a game from what the new story shows.
If it was owned by John Wetteland or another player who rarely changed their hats, its far easier to ID it with a photo. The Harper hat is basically "new" still in appearance.