NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 06-30-2010, 12:07 PM

Default Steins

Mark, Nice pickups on the steins....both real nice, maybe you can airbrush out the crickett player on the blue one LOL.....glad to see you're still doing damage

Old 06-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Brock

No where near vintage but a 2009 game used bat of Adam Laroche.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LaRoche Bat 001.jpg (39.2 KB, 697 views)
File Type: jpg LaRoche Bat 009.jpg (36.9 KB, 702 views)
Old 06-30-2010, 01:33 PM
Graig Kreindler

That Johnson photo is KILLER, Mark. I wouldn't have even minded that it was a shot of him with Cleveland. And I know the post was more for the companion piece, but it still had to be said.

I picked up two things last month, but for some reason, hadn't posted them. The first is a negative depicting Aparicio, Fox, Lollar and Jim Landis from the '60 White Sox. I thought that it was a great shot of some great players from a great team, and really, that composition is just begging to be painted.

The next is a negative of Babe Ruth crossing home plate in Detroit after hitting his 701st homer. As you can tell, it's pretty badly damaged, especially since the Babe's face is completely obliterated. But again, the shot was just beautiful, especially with that glorious afternoon light, so I couldn't say 'no'. I can easily photoshop in his head from another source and make it work in a painting. It's definitely perfect for my purposes, especially for what I paid for it!!!

Old 06-30-2010, 01:37 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarltonHendricks View Post
Mark, Nice pickups on the steins....both real nice, maybe you can airbrush out the crickett player on the blue one LOL.....glad to see you're still doing damage
Thanks Carlton... Rather than alter the piece, I'll just tell people it's a baseball guy using an extremely rare and early bottle bat (and that back then, it was also common to borrow the catcher's shin guards!)

Nobody that visits my house will know the difference anyway
Old 06-30-2010, 01:48 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Graig...

Killer photo of the 1960 Chisox! That will indeed be an amazing painting, once you apply your "strokes of genius". Very cool

Also... are those Palm Trees beyond the left field fence in Detroit? I know they can't be, but it sure lokks like it in the photo. That will be another amazing painting, should you decide to do it!

Last edited by perezfan; 06-30-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:58 PM
Graig Kreindler

Mark,

The stadium is old Navin Field in Detroit. It's a bit tough to recognize, as it seemed to have a pretty major face-lift every year or so during the 1930s. For the World Series that year, ginormous bleachers were built to hold the extra fans, so that certainly changed the landscape considerably.

This is what it looked like around the time Ruth hit his 701st that July of '34...

Graig
Old 06-30-2010, 02:04 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Graig... thanks!

That's just an awesome photo of Navin Field. I went back and edited my post when I noticed you already had mentioned that Babe hit #701 in Detroit. But I am so glad you posted that photo, as it's the best image I've seen of that stadium. Clearly not Palm Trees out there, either
Old 06-30-2010, 02:13 PM
Graig Kreindler

Hey Mark!

I didn't even realize that I had mentioned it in the first place. My mind isn't all there, apparently.

I have a lot of other images of the ol' park from that era, and honestly, I have to thank the good people at Legendary for it. They've been having these wonderful eBay auctions over the past few months, selling negatives of Tiger stuff from all eras, but most especially from the 30s and 40s. I've definitely lucked out with some great images for my reference files, as well as some great negatives for my own use. I'm amazed that I landed some of the ones that I did!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 04:04 PM
Dynarl Broughman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKreindler View Post
Mark,

The stadium is old Navin Field in Detroit. It's a bit tough to recognize, as it seemed to have a pretty major face-lift every year or so during the 1930s. For the World Series that year, ginormous bleachers were built to hold the extra fans, so that certainly changed the landscape considerably.

This is what it looked like around the time Ruth hit his 701st that July of '34...

Graig
Another angle of Navin Field from about the same time. Thought you might like to see it. D.

Last edited by D. Broughman; 09-19-2013 at 06:23 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:05 PM
Graig Kreindler

Awesomeness, Dynarl!! Here's another shot of the ol' place during the '34 Series. It's amazing how huge those stands are!

Old 06-30-2010, 08:43 PM
Peter F

Default Cool Kansas City A's Piece

Still awaiting it's arrival. I searched all over and couldn't find anything online. Those stands in Navin Field are amazing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg !BwPMpcQBWk~$(KGrHqV,!jMEv1+0Cq3dBMI!4rZST!~~_3[1].jpg (31.9 KB, 631 views)