NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 05-27-2009, 06:56 AM
Scott S

Thanks for the comments, Rawn and David! I am a huge Red Sox fan, especially of the pre-war dynasty they had in the 1910's.

I had picked up a big collection of Boston Globe newspapers spanning from 1910 - 1920 about 20 years ago, and it covers all major events of the time: presidential news, Titanic sinking, and sports. I had one page from the Red Sox World Series appearances from 1912, 1915 and 1916 framed in this same manner. Unfortunately, I do not have any 1918 papers (or 1903 for that matter). I'd love to find 1903 and 1918 examples and have them framed similarly, to give me a complete set of the vintage Series wins!

Here is the 1916 paper which I had done in the same manner....

And also since I'm showing off (even though it's non-sports), here is the Boston Globe front page from the day the Titanic sank:

Old 05-27-2009, 07:35 AM
Rawn Hill

I'm surprised that you have not found an example from 1918. I see them from time to time, but my collecting timeframe stops at 1916. I hope you put up a picture all of them together when you get them up on the wall and is the room available for visits?

Thank you for sharing, Scott.

Rawn
Old 05-27-2009, 05:26 PM
Clint

Scott, great newspapers and I really like the 1912 one. I framed a couple of mine also. Here's the 1910 World Series match up and I got the newspaper from Babe Ruth's called shot game framed too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S5000807.jpg (61.7 KB, 122 views)
Old 05-27-2009, 07:02 PM
Jeremy W.

Default Great pieces of memorabilia guys.

Although it's not a recent purchase, I thought that you guys might enjoy this photo. 1875 Boston Red Stockings & St. Louis Brown Stockings. I bought this on Ebay about 3 or 4 years ago & had a badly needed restoration done. I'm almost certain that the handwriting on the mount is Harry Wright's & the backing board is signed by George Wright. Needless to say, it's one of my favorites in my collection. I'm trying to find out more about the actual day the game was played & any help with that would be greatly appreciated.
http://www.net54baseball.com/attachm...1&d=1243470758
Attached Images
File Type: jpg After_treatment_01.jpg (74.9 KB, 116 views)
Old 05-27-2009, 07:15 PM
Scott S

Thanks for posting your 1910 paper, Clint. I love the old newspapers - you get an item which you know the actual day of origination, often at a fraction of the price a similar card would sell for!

Scott
Old 05-28-2009, 06:32 AM
Rawn Hill

I share your interest in old newspapers. The only drawback I've found is the cost on framing them. Some of the artwork is absolutely incredible and they display very nicely.

Rawn
Old 05-28-2009, 12:21 PM
Matt

I just got this one in the mail. Great looking knob!
Matt