NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-24-2017, 07:01 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by basesareempty View Post
Or maybe the buyer offered a ridiculous $1000 offer on a $3000 item and doesn't feel the need to respond to such a silly offer. Me personally, if offered $1000 on a $3000 item would counter with $2999 so the buyer gets the message, especially if the $3000 item is priced correctly.
My experience is that I offer $1000 on a $3000 item because two days ago one sold at an AH for $1400 and my $1000 offer, perfectly rational, mortally offends sellers sensibilities and he ignores me. Just happened this week.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:13 AM
Alan Florjancic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
My experience is that I offer $1000 on a $3000 item because two days ago one sold at an AH for $1400 and my $1000 offer, perfectly rational, mortally offends sellers sensibilities and he ignores me. Just happened this week.
Agreed. I typically give reasons why I'm offering what I am, usually based on what's sold recently and/or the approximate value that the t206insider rates a specific card. I got a recent lecture after making a very reasonable offer on a common PSA 3 rated t206 on how the seller wishes that he could buy cards for what a books says and that the real worth is what someone is willing to pay for it.

It's still on eBay at his high asking price, needless to say.

After receiving a similar counter offer, would you bother to reply to that? I didn't.

Last edited by TheBigRedOne; 05-24-2017 at 07:20 AM.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:34 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:

Why would he sell for less than 1400, Because of the "buyers premium"?

Someone still paid 1400 , and quite recently

You are about 40% below the current market, and krss than half his start price pretty low IMO

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 05-24-2017, 07:39 AM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Why would he sell for less than 1400, Because of the "buyers premium"?

Someone still paid 1400 , and quite recently

You are about 40% below the current market, and krss than half his start price pretty low IMO
28.5% isn't really "about 40% below the current market," but it's still less than what the seller could reasonably expect to clear if he consigned it.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:43 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinbulldog View Post
28.5% isn't really "about 40% below the current market," but it's still less than what the seller could reasonably expect to clear if he consigned it.
Actually 28.5714285714% approximately.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.

Last edited by frankbmd; 05-24-2017 at 07:44 AM.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:48 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinbulldog View Post
AH and EBAY aren't equal, as as you mentioned this would be less than what the seller would get consigning.

What some buyers don't think about is that the seller doesn't have to give up some to buyer's premium, but that same seller is paying a fee on Ebay that doesn't show up in a final price either. So in the end someone is paying a fee, with AH it is the buyer (typically no commission, but another thread showed one guy paid a commission on top of BP. I never have), with ebay it is the seller.

As far as delaying in a response I agree that it is you projecting. You assumed that someone not responding is just playing games. Yet you even admit there could be other reasons. I am 34 and I don't have a smart phone. I don't have a tablet. I don't have a functional laptop anymore. So unless I am at home or at work in front of a desktop I am not responding to any emails or anything short of phone calls and texts (though I am not always good about responding to those). On top of this it isn't going to my main email, I have a separate email for baseball cards. So sometimes that doesn't even get opened. With as much as my four children have going on it is common for me not to get on over the weekend. If I am anxious (right after my initial listings) I do try and make a point to check, but after a month being listed with no new activity by me it is a bit more sporadic.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:47 AM
@ndrew woo.dfin

Quote:
Yeah but what did the past 2-3 sell for? Could have been a fluke that the AH card sold for less. Either way offering 33% of asking is a kick in the sack and I can bet you he too seen the one at auction. I bet the one you offered on was also a nicer card than the AH one too. I don't know you Steve but I just get the vibe that you always have to be correct about whatever it is.

Member since 2009