NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > 1920 to 1949 Baseball cards- B/S/T

Old 05-02-2017, 11:46 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387
Default FS: SOLD 1949 Bowman Jackie Robinson PSA 6

Nice card for sale. There is one right now with PWCC for sale that is at $2200+ (and ended at $2700+ see below)

Asking $2200 net to me and free delivery.

Will be sending to an AH soon. (Didnt get a chance, CARD IS SOLD)

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 05-03-2017 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:58 PM
Shaun Fyffe

Nice card!

Currently seeking Jackie Robinson cards
Old 05-02-2017, 06:45 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Nice card for sale. There is one right now with PWCC for sale that is at $2200+

Will be sending to an AH soon.

Very nice

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 05-02-2017, 06:48 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Thanks..going to auction house now, card no longer for sale, we can compare my asking price to what the card ultimately sells for Probably going to be like the 1954 Banks PSA 7.5 or the several Green Cobb PSA 4s i gave terrific asking prices on

The PWCC just ended at $2700+

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1949-Bowman-...torefresh=true

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 05-02-2017 at 07:11 PM.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:53 PM
Ch.ris_Hel.mers

Awesome looking card. Good luck with the sale!
Old 05-03-2017, 06:02 AM
Don Hontz

Jake Nice looking 6---I would buy it if you want to sell it----Don
Old 05-03-2017, 06:40 AM
T0dd M@rcum

Quote:
Thanks..going to auction house now, card no longer for sale, we can compare my asking price to what the card ultimately sells for Probably going to be like the 1954 Banks PSA 7.5 or the several Green Cobb PSA 4s i gave terrific asking prices on

Sounds great, but you could have gotten a buyer here seems like. Actually I just saw it this morning and was checking funds when I saw you were going the auction route. When comparing your ultimate selling price, also consider the commission you paid, the shipping you paid and the cost of waiting a couple months for your money. Good luck with it.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:14 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcard1 View Post
Sounds great, but you could have gotten a buyer here seems like. Actually I just saw it this morning and was checking funds when I saw you were going the auction route. When comparing your ultimate selling price, also consider the commission you paid, the shipping you paid and the cost of waiting a couple months for your money. Good luck with it.
just sent you a pm...havent sent out the card yet today, i am getting offers for more than my original asking price.... but interest doesnt mean actually paying..at least in an auction you know you will get paid

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 05-03-2017 at 09:42 AM.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:17 AM
Peter Spaeth

Why all the drama? You should, IMO, take the first offer at your posted price.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:47 AM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Agreed, Jake the right thing to do is sell to Don, or whoever accepted your offered price first in pm. You buy and sell enough cards on here that it's not worth the damage to your reputation to make a couple hundred extra bucks.
Old 05-03-2017, 12:55 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
Agreed, Jake the right thing to do is sell to Don, or whoever accepted your offered price first in pm. You buy and sell enough cards on here that it's not worth the damage to your reputation to make a couple hundred extra bucks.
I think Peter is the one trying to start drama with the quote and now pokerplyr... i said the card was not listed for sale for 12 HOURS before any post came from Don. I have seen pokerplyr raise an asking price on a 1955 clemente and then take the card off the market to wait for other auction results before giving a new price.. ..correct? I know i offered you asking price on that card but you were no longer interested in taking that. Did I comment about your reputation? You had a right not to sell it..its your card and it was off the market, at least for that price

Nobody has a probem that was interested in the card..everyone had their chance. So far only Peter and pokerplyr had no interest in the card are worried about drama...

You are also assuming a lot from the Don post...

Don is fine with the situation, (Don correct me if i am wrong). His post said he would buy if IF i want to sell it...nothing about original paying asking price at that time.. (I have sold and bought from Don thousands of dollars of card by the way)

....he was advised that i was already getting offers above original asking price (and card was no longer listed for sale at that time) when he first put the post here.....card sold to buyer that came before him anyway..so no harm no foul....

Also i just sold a 3 Venezuelan card group and though i was awaiting payment, i got 2 more offers on those cards for higher amounts. However, a deal was a deal and i waited for payment and sold those cards as a group even though I was offered more by 2 other buyers.

You really shouldnt be interfering with a B/S/T thread as well. Yours and Peters comments are not appropriate for someone that makes a big deal about commentary in a b/s/t thread.. Its hypocritical.. I dont know if you want me to comment about how i think you should handle a deal or it will impact your reputation on a b/s/t thread even when there are no real buyers complaining about how it was handled

Again, Don is the person that would be the appropriate person to give a complaint but he isnt because there is nothing to complain about.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 05-03-2017 at 01:16 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 01:16 PM
Don Hontz

Quote:
I think Peter is the one trying to start drama with the quote and now pokerplyr... i said the card was not listed for sale for 12 HOURS before any post came from Don. I have seen pokerplyr raise an asking price on a 1955 clemente and then take the card off the market to wait for other auction results before giving a new price.. ..correct? I know i offered you asking price on that card but you were no longer interested in taking that. Did I comment about your reputation? You had a right not to sell it..its your card and it was off the market, at least for that price

Nobody has a probem that was interested in the card..everyone had their chance. So far only Peter and pokerplyr had no interest in the card are worried about drama...

You are also assuming a lot from the Don post...

Don is fine with the situation, (Don correct me if i am wrong). His post said he would buy if IF i want to sell it...nothing about original paying asking price at that time..

....he was advised that i was already getting offers above original asking price (and card was no longer listed for sale at that time) when he first put the post here.....card sold to buyer that came before him anyway..so no harm no foul....

Also i just sold a 3 Venezuelan card group and though i was awaiting payment, i got 2 more offers on those cards for higher amounts. However, a deal was a deal and i waited for payment and sold those cards as a group even though I was offered more by 2 other buyers.

You really shouldnt be interfering with a B/S/T thread as well. Yours and Peters comments are not appropriate for someone that makes a big deal about commentary in a b/s/t thread.. Its hypocritical.. I dont know if you want me to comment about how i think you should handle a deal or it will impact your reputation on a b/s/t thread even when there is no buyer complaining Again, Don is the person that could complain but he isnt because there is nothing to complain about.
I only saw the sale this morning and I did see that Jake was taking it off the market, I did email Jake and offered to buy it at the original sell price if he would like to sell it. He did state he had a pending offer and offered it to me at$2400. I passed since I liked the first price. My problem was I saw the listing too late, you can't win them all. So no problem here. I will keep looking. Don.
Old 05-03-2017, 01:23 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donscards View Post
I only saw the sale this morning and I did see that Jake was taking it off the market, I did email Jake and offered to buy it at the original sell price if he would like to sell it. He did state he had a pending offer and offered it to me at$2400. I passed since I liked the first price. My problem was I saw the listing too late, you can't win them all. So no problem here. I will keep looking. Don.
correct i asked if he was interested in that price.

I also just earlier i told Don in an email , if i dont receive the payment, he has first opportunity to buy it. Don and I are on the same page.

I let everyone know i had pending offers above asking but they were contigent on better scans etc and advised everyone that due to time constraints (shipping the card off today if no deal in place as I already took the card off the market in anticipation) that any agreement would trump ongoing negotiations..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 05-03-2017 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 01:39 PM
Peter Spaeth

So the card is for sale at price X, then just a few hours later the card isn't for sale because I'm sending it to auction but if you offer me more it still might be. Sorry, but I don't like that. And no interference as I am not criticizing the card, and the sale is done. If you really wanted to withdraw the card, you could have deleted your post.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-03-2017 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 01:58 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
So the card is for sale at price X, then just a few hours later the card isn't for sale because I'm sending it to auction but if you offer me more it still might be. Sorry, but I don't like that. And no interference as I am not criticizing the card, and the sale is done. If you really wanted to withdraw the card, you could have deleted your post.
Payment is not made yet so you are interfering. Plus when you made your first post, the card was not noted sold. No offers were ever made on the card before i took it off. I took off the card at night around 8 pm et and at 6 am et some people expressed interest in the card. The post office is not open at 6 am et..

It would not be the first time someone offered to buy a card that was not listed for sale. I sent a package today to an AH and the jackie would of been included with it but for it selling .

Yeah I could of just deleted the whole thread but as you know Im a fan of keeping listings there. I did clearly say it was not actively for sale to avoid any 'ill take it' in the event the card was mailed off before seeing it.

Your criticism is really unwarranted given that you are complaining on behalf of Don who has ZERO complaints. You yourself never made any offer and yet its you and I with a back and forth. In addition, its a b/s/t thread....your opinions about what you like or dont like really are not for b/s/t... You dont even like it when people post 'nice card' so i would imagine people giving their opinions on your listings would also not be something you fancy

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 05-03-2017 at 02:28 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:03 PM
Peter Spaeth

The person who made an art out of polluting BST threads really is not in a position to complain, IMO. In any event, I don't see the need for all the drama, I think people should list a card at a price, and not go through all these shenanigans like pulling the card and offering pricing analyses and bringing up past auctions and whatever. If you want the last word I won't say more.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-03-2017 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:07 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
The person who made an art out of polluting BST threads really is not in a position to complain, IMO. In any event, I don't see the need for all the drama, I think people should list a card at a price, and not go through all these shenanigans like pulling the card and offering pricing analyses and bringing up past auctions and whatever. If you want the last word I won't say more.
All i see is that you are the one polluting the b/s/t thread. Its really hypocritical for you to be doing this. I cant even remember how long its been since i said anything more than nice card on a b/s/t thread. 3 years from now you will continue to say the same thing even if i did not do anything. I do know you wrote all of this today though. I think you took the baton for interfering with a b/s/t and are running with it.

I also didnt realize its bad to bring up past auctions...it was actually a current auction that closed during the thread and who cares if a past auction is quoted....again more unwarranted criticism. There was no problem with my initial asking price anyway. Its not like i was trying to compare a PSA 8 with a PSA 8OC card price. Nobody disagrees that my price was not reasonable yet you have to say there was something wrong with my pricing analyses?

Its B/S/T, i think people should be able to list a card without people saying what they dont like and saying there are shenanigans etc. I really do not think your position is defensible on this one. Don is not complaining or anyone else that was actually interested in the card. Plus its a b/s/t thread. relax

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 05-03-2017 at 02:18 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:24 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

He had pulled the card from being for sale (post 4) when the offer (post6) was made. It wasn't for sale at that time.
The offerer had no issue and it was subsequently sold, in what looked to me, a different sale for a little more money. I almost see his point of you interfering for not a great reason on this one.

Quote:

Last edited by Leon; 05-03-2017 at 04:26 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:32 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
He had pulled the card from being for sale (post 4) when the offer (post6) was made. It wasn't for sale at that time.
The offerer had no issue and it was subsequently sold, in what looked to me, a different sale for a little more money. I almost see his point of you interfering for not a great reason on this one.
I am not saying he did anything unethical or breached a contract. I am saying it's unnecessary drama to list a card, pull it a few hours later, say it's going off to auction while reminding us of how we have passed up his great prior offers, then still be willing to sell it for a few extra bucks while declining to sell it to Don who would have bought it at his original asking price which presumably he thought about before listing it in the first place. If you don't see the point, never mind. Maybe I don't have one.

Old 05-04-2017, 06:49 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
I am not saying he did anything unethical or breached a contract. I am saying it's unnecessary drama to list a card, pull it a few hours later, say it's going off to auction while reminding us of how we have passed up his great prior offers, then still be willing to sell it for a few extra bucks while declining to sell it to Don who would have bought it at his original asking price which presumably he thought about before listing it in the first place. If you don't see the point, never mind. Maybe I don't have one.
First of all, 3 people contacted me before Don ever made the post, 2 of which advised they saw that the card was going to an AH is off the market so would i consider taking more than my original asking price. Second, it was not like i was saying its going to auction for days while bumping the thread like we see on with others. I would contend there is more drama in that. My thread was short and sweet, took 1 or 2 days, card sold..short and sweet. No drama at all and no one complaining. A little salesmanship is not ridiculous. I discussed some prior great listings and I said this was also a great listing. It appears it was as I was getting offers more original asking price. That also occurred on some of my prior listings like the 1954 Topps PSA 7.5 Banks. Its not like i was making up the current auction results. Everything I sad was the truth. My cards do not have the reputation of being forever listed so I do not think it is bad to bring up some past great deals.

Your post basically saying I was doing something wrong and telling me how to handle it on my b/s/t is what started the 'drama'. Plus you are the one that takes issue of extra comments on b/s/t. Thus, you admit that you maybe dont have a point in your comments yet those comments were polluting my b/s/t thread. I wold think if someone maybe does not have a point and keeps replying again and again on someone's b/s/t thread they can just admit they were wrong and move on. Thanks

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 05-04-2017 at 06:57 AM.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:12 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Nice card for sale. There is one right now with PWCC for sale that is at $2200+ (and ended at $2700+ see below)

Will be sending to an AH soon. (Didnt get a chance, CARD IS SOLD)
Quote:

Listing a card for 7 hours would seem to restrict the buyer pool. Everyone doesn't live here.

Was card removed from sale due to the PWCC auction results?

If so, just end the listing and go to auction, if that's your desire.

I tend to agree with Peter that the evolution of the thread to a higher selling price here seems specious.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:09 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
Listing a card for 7 hours would seem to restrict the buyer pool. Everyone doesn't live here.

Was card removed from sale due to the PWCC auction results?

If so, just end the listing and go to auction, if that's your desire.

I tend to agree with Peter that the evolution of the thread to a higher selling price here seems specious.
Good stuff sells fast when priced right..after all the card did sell in a day, so 7 hours is a lot of time for good stuff. Some like to list their card for sale for months but perhaps the price is not right for those.

Plus not the first time a card sold for more than asking. The card was taken off the site to go to auction but I was solicited by 3 members with interest in the card. You can see the posts after I took off the card that they took place at 6 am and there were emails around that time too.....i had yet to go to the post office. Not sure what the big deal if someone decides to take off a listing and mail the card off the next day. I see people say a card is going to be sent to auction for weeks and they keep bumping the the thread. I think thats ploy. Mine was no ploy. I mailed out cards to an AH the next day and the Jackie would of gone out with those cards but for it selling. No drama and no complaints by anyone that was actually interested in the card.

I have sold a house for more than asking when i got several offers in. Thats when the 'highest and best offer' stuff happens.

Plus to make all these comments on a b/s/t thread is frowned upon

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 05-04-2017 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:43 AM
Dave Foster

[QUOTE= No drama and no complaints by anyone that was actually interested in the card.

Plus to make all these comments on a b/s/t thread is frowned upon[/QUOTE]

Both these comments by Jake are the keys to his post. In short, if you are not interested in buying his card(s) or anyone's who post on B/S/T, then STFU!
Old 05-05-2017, 07:33 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by pclpads View Post
Both these comments by Jake are the keys to his post. In short, if you are not interested in buying his card(s) or anyone's who post on B/S/T, then STFU!

Other than "nice card "

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 05-05-2017, 08:11 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pclpads View Post
Right the only people that seem to have gripes had zero interest in the card at the asking price. I guess i will gripe if i see a babe ruth card that has been listed for 20 hours and sells for $5000 more than the 300k asking hours after it was taken off the market and complain about it even though i would be about 295k short of funds to pay for it. Yeah that would make sense.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:12 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Other than "nice card "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Very nice

I think you forgot to add 'very nice' as well .

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 05-05-2017 at 08:14 AM.