NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-21-2014, 12:52 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs5120 View Post
Gone already?

I'm sorry it didn't work out. I received my winnings earlier this week, everything looked great!
Yes, unfortunately it wasn't going to be viable for low starting price, higher dollar type auctions....at least that which was auctioned. We tried.....and everyone's patience was appreciated. It doesn't seem to have affected any other areas negatively, which was good too.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:04 PM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Yes, unfortunately it wasn't going to be viable for low starting price, higher dollar type auctions....at least that which was auctioned. We tried.....and everyone's patience was appreciated. It doesn't seem to have affected any other areas negatively, which was good too.
That's a shame. There was definitely potential in the idea though. I don't know if you or Sean noticed, but the average "views" per lot was around 400-500 each! That's way past eBay and most AH's. I'm sure there's a winning formula somewhere, but it may take a bit of trial and error.

I agree it did not negatively affect the other forums or threads. It was certainly worth the effort
Old 03-21-2014, 01:40 PM
Ben North

My opinion would be to get rid of the gimmicks and just sell cards. The main thing I seen wrong was large lots of low end cards. They are a buyers dream and a sellers nightmare. I figured they were just clearing out extra bulk junk not worth listing on ebay.

I was hoping it would work out for them because it gives me more access to purchase cards besides ebay. At least 50% of the cards I have purchased in the last 6 months have been from other forum members.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:05 PM
Daryl

FWIW, in my opinion listing cards with reasonable for-sale prices would probably work better than auctions in a paid BST section.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:27 PM
ßrën.døn ßig.åløw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4815162342 View Post
FWIW, in my opinion listing cards with reasonable for-sale prices would probably work better than auctions in a paid BST section.
Agreed. The reason why it works on auction sites like ebay is because they have simple methods of tracking auctions and the sites are built to facilitate them in general. I personally would never participate on an auction on this site because it's too much hassle. That being said, I buy cards listed at fixed prices from the BST all the time.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:05 PM
pete ullman

it seemed kind of lame to me to have mostly non-vintage cards up for sale/auction...right in between categories of vintage card categories? just my opinion.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:34 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default prices

I thought the final prices were fairly strong considering the items that were offered. These were low to mid grade lots that would be a tough sell on eBay and it would be a lot of work to try to move them at a card show. I enjoyed the auctions and I liked the items that were listed for sale, but I didn't end up winning anything.

I was looking forward to the next round, but it doesn't look like it will happen.

Best of luck with your next venture.

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:22 PM

If anyone has suggestions I am all ears.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:29 PM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
If anyone has suggestions I am all ears.
As mentioned previously, groupings offered via fixed price (with an offer option) and the ability to pay with regular PP would be more enticing.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:46 PM
Alex

It was a worthy experiment.
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.