View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 06:41 AM
Administrator

Default My Ideas for Next Steps

Posted By: Al C.risafulli

I think this is an important issue, and unfortunately it's not one that only affects collectors of high-grade material. It's also not one that only affects collectors of GRADED material.

I also don't think this is an inquisition, or an issue of legality. It's an issue of consumer confidence. I've used this example multiple times in the last few days, but when a group of vegetarians wants to find out if McDonald's is using beef tallow in their fry oil, they expect a response. Not everyone is a vegetarian, and not everyone cares, but that doesn't make the question any less legitimate.

The questions may not be of interest to everybody, but they are clearly of interest to some. The answers may be painful to hear, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be heard.

And lastly, I don't think it's Jim's questions that have polluted these threads. Jim has been very polite and has stayed very much on point throughout all of this. It's all the ancillary questions, backbiting, agenda pushing, accusations and personal attacks that have caused all the digressions.

I do like the idea of keeping it all in one thread, though.

-Al