View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 07:22 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 Reference....Reflections, Theory's, etc.... Show-n-Tell us of your T206 "finds"

* * * * * * * * * T206 Reference....Reflections, Theory's, Surveys, etc. * * * * * * * * * *

. .

In 2008, I acquired quite a number of T206's from an Antique dealer in Atlanta. These cards were from an original collection in a town nearby Atlanta. This collection was strictly
PIEDMONT cards; and, I was pleasantly surprised to find 7 of the "Elite 11" cards in this group.

Subsequently, another original collection of T206's was discovered in the Atlanta area by a friend of mine. And, this collection also included the "Elite 11" cards (6 or 7 of them).

And very recently, Turner reported of another T206 find consisting of the "Elite 11" cards. This marks the 4th discovery in the surrounding area of Atlanta of an original collection
of T206's that included these very rare PIEDMONT 350 cards.

Elite 11....plus Lundgren

Initially, I was fascinated by the Lundgren (Cubs) card which I discovered with a seldom seen PIEDMONT 350 back. I have been tracking these rare T206's since 2006.
In the process of putting together a PIEDMONT-only set, I discovered some more rare PIEDMONT 350 cards and this led me to post this thread.... check-it-out http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=87180 for more info. on the "Elite 11".

It appears that Factory #25 shipped PIEDMONT cigarette packs containing 1st print run PIEDMONT 350 cards to Georgia. I say this because some Joe Doyle Nat'l cards
have also been discovered in T206 collections originating in the nearby area of Atlanta, Georgia. The best example of this being Senator Richard Russell's original T206
collection. It's the first known source of the "Elite 11" cards. His set includes the Joe Doyle Nat'l card. Russell grew up in Winder, Georgia (nearby Atlanta). He collected
Tobacco cards as a teenager during 1909 - 1910.

Note
Although Lundgren was not printed with HINDU, SOVEREIGN, nor SWEET CAPORAL, this card is very similar to the "Elite 11" with respect to the initial 350 press runs
of PIEDMONT 350 and EPDG backs. Therefore, I have included Lundgren in with this group.

Hey guys,
I'm not the only guy on this forum who's been fortunate to acquire T206 "finds"....so, how's about sharing your "finds" with the rest of us.

TED Z