View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 03:43 PM

Default Let's see your candy containers - Latest P/U c1930 Motorcycle Racer

PACKAGE 24cm x 21cm x 16cm - weight 1,300 grams
Here's my latest greatest eBay pick up...Just paid for it and it's on the way...you wouldn't believe the shipping from Argentina...$70.00 for two week delivery...I called FedEx for a quote and it was $169.00 one week delivery...$188.00 3day...man I didn't even ask what overnight was!...

I've been big on motorcycle stuff for the last 6 months...I came across this candy container early this week and was immediately taken by it...but I really didn't know much about candy containers...I've seen them around for years...seen the German papier-mâché ones of the figural footballs...think I have a couple...and I think there's a Yale football player one...and I'm sure there are some more sports ones out there...

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=226193
I've got a motorcycle racer perfume bottle I posted couple years ago that looks very similar to this...That one was German...This candy container was produced in Argentina...I have more research to do but the seller told me Quote "yours has engraved on its front wheel "Industria Argentina" Unquote..It was produced for the Mu-Mu Candy Company in Buenos Aires Argentina...the styling of the art looks c1930...The paint sits at about 5%-10%...pretty lame unless...as in this case...from what I can tell it's very rare...being I had never seen one I queried the seller...he said he's seen five in twenty years...said he had one with 80% paint he sold for $1,000.00...I gave $630.00 plus the shipping...I didn't just roll over...I spent some time reviewing the market for the glass genera of candy container...From what I saw the prices are either really cheap for what I assume were the common one...like $20.00-$200.00....or really pricey for others (that had paint similar to mine)...up to about $5,000.00....

My feeling was I wanted it for $500.00 or less...but it had a BIN of $799.00...and I figured if it was as rare as I thought...somebody was libel to hit the BIN....so I emailed the guy and showed him photos of my perfume bottle and offered $630.00...and he took it...another thing that concerned me was someone had asked a question...