View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 04:12 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE.....the "poor man's" T206 Joe Doyle "Nat'L" card and related subjects

* * * * * * * * * * T206 Reference, Theory's, Surveys, etc. * * * * * * * * * *

...... Piedmont .......... Sovereign ...... Sweet Caporal___The "House" that created these Tobacco cards___..... Hindu ........... Sovereign

Circa Fall of 1910, American Lithographic (ALC) selected 66 subjects from the 350 series print runs for their 350/460 series. ALC printed the SOVEREIGN
backs of these 66 cards with a light color ink (apple green), instead of the dark green as on the backs of all the other SOVEREIGN cards. For more info on
this topic, check-out this thread posted in 2009....Sovereign phantom "350/460" series

I completed my all - SOVEREIGN set in 2007, which motivated me to construct this concept of a 72-card sheet arrangement of these 66 subjects. Note the
Super-Prints on this sheet are double-printed. **

V--------------------------- Six Super-Prints ---------------------------V--------------------------------------------v Joe Doyle (below Cobb)

Three of the guys on this sheet were not continued into the print runs of 460 Series backs (circa Fall/Winter 1910), because their Major League
careers ended prior to this period. The subjects are Simon Nicholls, Bob Rhoades, and Joe Doyle.

** Note
I show the Super-Prints double-printed (D-P) on this sheet, since several large T206 surveys have indicated that the six Super-Prints were D-P.

TED Z