View Single Post
Old 05-03-2023, 10:16 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
The lengths to which people will go to deny what is self-evident, and/or to deny incontrovertible facts such as that the Wagner was part of the Mastro case if a small one, are astounding. And even more astounding is how people will double down in the face of being presented with self-evident points, and facts.
Now I ain't no fancy pants lawyer or nothin', but I'm pretty sure that just because you are admitting it in your plea bargain and take culpability and responsibility for an action even though the statute of limitations on it has expired, it doesn't mean that action was illegal. People just, like, cop to things that aren't illegal in their plea deals all the time just because.

We all have opinions, what is is not necessarily what should be, but what is is the realm of actual, verifiable and ascertainable fact. It amazes me how many people will insist X or Y is or is not in a document that they are unable or unwilling to read. No one has ever won an argument by virtue of their illiteracy. I expect a small number of hobbyists to openly support fraud and a much larger number to quietly and tacitly support fraud that benefits them and their buddies, but I would hope that these people would be able to avoid the stupid trap of insisting and doubling down on provably false claims to fact. Clearly they are too fucking dumb to do even that.