Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Let's see some uncut sheets....any sheet from 1887 - 1967 (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=247529)

hcv123 06-25-2020 08:38 PM

WOW! Talk about star power.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedzan (Post 1729854)
Mid-series sheet with Ruth cards (#144, 149) and Gehrig (#160).

http://photos.imageevent.com/tedzan7...x2sheet50x.jpg

TED Z

T206 Reference

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

doug.goodman 06-26-2020 04:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevvyg1026 (Post 1992969)
The other half sheet has Alston at top left, so the cards are printed in equal quantities (except for checklist). 88 unique cards printed, so 3 of each across the two half-sheets.

I'm confused as to what sheet you are talking about, but I'm glad you revived this thread.

I have only one that is worth showing... complete with a few bb gun holes, back when cards were to be played with.

Doug

Powell 06-27-2020 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frohme (Post 1721277)
T212 uncut sheet from 1911 - discussed on Net54 back in 2010, auctioned by H&S that fall (image from H&S).

Note the bottom row in the image - runs horizontal, the rest are vertical.

My interest is that T207 was likely printed via the same process (cards running both horizontally and vertically) as evidenced by an Adams card (shown previously) as well as the example from REA a few weeks ago that has parts of 5 different backs showing (image from auction).

I have this item, but I can’t get it to upload.

Mark17 06-28-2020 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Klein (Post 1724696)

I'm sure there is a reason for the "scarcity" of those 7 cards since that goes way back. But there is one thing I can agree with 100 percent based on that sheet and based on personal knowledge. The Mantle card is ridiculously easy on all levels in that set.

Rich

In the mid-1970s I broke about 8 cases of 1964 Topps Giants. I sold complete sets for $2.00, and later, $2.40, through classified ads in SCD for a couple years. I got them from a guy named Merv Williams, whom I believe had only one leg, and for some reason I think he may have lived in Mountain View, CA, but I might be confusing that location with someone else.

Merv had a bunch of old unopened stuff. My buddy Carson Ritchey once told me of a time he visited Merv, and they'd walk through stacks of unopened stuff, and Carson would pick up a box at random, and it would be 1966 Topps high number vending, or some other treasure. I had always wanted to visit Merv just to see what all he had.

Anyway, the cases I got from Merv were similar to Topps "cut" cases from the 1980s - a bunch of cards packed into one big box, with no smaller packaging. Just bulk cards. The cases of 1964 Giants had about 4,400 cards each. Every one of them had about half as many of the 7 short prints as the rest of the cards, and Mantle was the most plentiful.

Because of the short print problem, I also offered 50 different cards for $1.00 (plus 40 cents postage,) and eventually, I sold some lots of 1,000 assorted cards. There were other cards that seemed more plentiful, like Kaline, Bailey, Radatz, Billy Williams, and a few others, while several were less common but not scarce, like Ellsworth, Hinton, Romano, and Ford. So when I sold my leftovers in those 1,000 card lots, the distribution was quite poor, something like 100 Mantles and 50 each of 18 other cards.

I did find a guy through SCD who would sell me extra short prints so I could fill out more sets, and that worked great at first, but as he bumped his prices, the economics made that situation less attractive, and eventually Merv ran out of cases.

Anyway, I can attest with absolute certainty that the 8 cases (35,000 cards in unopened cases) definitely had a short print situation going on. Whether that situation existed throughout the entire run, I have no idea.

Cliff Bowman 06-29-2020 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug.goodman (Post 1993937)
I'm confused as to what sheet you are talking about, but I'm glad you revived this thread.

Doug

He is referring to the 1967 Topps sheet in post #44 on page one, he is saying the accompanying sheet to that one has the the four rows starting with Alston double printed so that all of the cards are equally printed on the full 264 card double sheet.

NATCARD 06-29-2020 02:04 PM

This is part of "The Proof Collection"

This is just a couple of the hundreds of sheets in the Proof Collection we are currently selling. Thanks, Jeff W
www.nationalcardinvestors.com
http://www.nationalcardinvestors1.co...964SUsheet.jpg
http://www.nationalcardinvestors1.co...4/1967High.jpg

doug.goodman 06-29-2020 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman (Post 1994692)
He is referring to the 1967 Topps sheet in post #44 on page one, he is saying the accompanying sheet to that one has the the four rows starting with Alston double printed so that all of the cards are equally printed on the full 264 card double sheet.

Thank you

doug.goodman 06-29-2020 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NATCARD (Post 1994780)
This is just a couple of the hundreds of sheets in the Proof Collection we are currently selling. Thanks, Jeff W
www.nationalcardinvestors.com

Searching for uncut on your site returns zero results.

NATCARD 06-29-2020 03:39 PM

Proof Cards

PM Sent. thanks, Jeff W
The cards we have cut into individual proofs are available in my ebay store
user id NATCARD
thanks, Jeff W

doug.goodman 06-29-2020 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NATCARD (Post 1994808)
PM Sent. thanks, Jeff W
The cards we have cut into individual proofs are available in my ebay store
user id NATCARD
thanks, Jeff W

Cutting them into individual proofs is contrary to this thread...

You have four Tidewater Tides promo sheets on your ebay site, nothing besides that that would qualify for inclusion in this thread. The two sheets you posted on this thread do not seem to be available on either your personal site or on ebay, and neither are the "hundreds of sheets" you referenced.

Evidently you are instead cutting the sheets up, presumably so that you can get a good opinion from the opinion sellers. Considering the entire point of this thread, I would say that if this were a conversation about religion, then you would qualify as a blasphemer.

Doug "but what do I know" Goodman