PDA

View Full Version : National Show Auto Prices

insidethewrapper
07-22-2019, 07:03 PM
I just checked the 2019 National Auto Prices. Wow. Mariano Rivera auto is $ 499 . Oh I forgot, inscriptions are extra. Any opinions , I guess I haven't bought any autos lately or will.

bnorth
07-22-2019, 07:07 PM
I just checked the 2019 National Auto Prices. Wow. Mariano Rivera auto is $ 499 . Oh I forgot, inscriptions are extra. Any opinions , I guess I haven't bought any autos lately or will.

I have looked at a couple guys I would like to get but they are crazy high there compared to normal signings.

BeanTown
07-22-2019, 08:39 PM

More people have landed on the moon than scored on Rivera in post season play.

Promethius88
07-22-2019, 09:27 PM
These people are human beings and not some immortal Gods. I will not be paying the money they want for guys that were paid more than a decent living to play a game. If I just want an auto, I can basically get one of any of them on Ebay for a fraction of the cost. Truth is, I wouldn't even wait in line for an hour or how ever long it is to get an autograph for free. Except for Bob Uecker…..he is God-Like so I'd pay a little and wait a while.

todeen
07-22-2019, 10:13 PM
These people are human beings and not some immortal Gods. I will not be paying the money they want for guys that were paid more than a decent living to play a game. If I just want an auto, I can basically get one of any of them on Ebay for a fraction of the cost. Truth is, I wouldn't even wait in line for an hour or how ever long it is to get an autograph for free. Except for Bob Uecker…..he is God-Like so I'd pay a little and wait a while.+1

"ball 4...ball 8...low, and he walks the bases loaded on 12 straight pitches. How can these guys lay off pitches that close? "

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

murphy8276
07-23-2019, 08:57 AM
His signed Rookie card costs less. Just buy off ebay.:cool:

brian1961
07-23-2019, 10:42 AM
It would be a thrill to meet Mariano Rivera, but at $499, plus the cost to get into the show, plus gas, A LOT OF TOLLS, food; well, tell the National Committee that I regrettably cannot attend.:mad: ---Brian Powell

packs
07-23-2019, 11:48 AM
You don't really get to "meet" anyone at these shows. I got Pettitte at the AC national to complete my core four ball. The only words we exchanged were "Where should I sign" and then "There, please."

Rivera was $299 at the AC show and I'm still mad I didn't get my final appearance ticket signed. Will never be paying $499.

KCRfan1
07-23-2019, 01:47 PM
Might be interesting to see how long the " wait line " is to get a Rivera signed item. Could be embarrassing.

JollyElm
07-23-2019, 02:04 PM
You don't get to actually meet him. His table is sixty feet, six inches away from you as he signs your item.

brianp-beme
07-23-2019, 02:30 PM
You don't get to actually meet him. His table is sixty feet, six inches away from you as he signs your item.

It would be cool if, after signing a ball, he would throw it back to you from that distance (suggestion...bring glove).

Brian

Kzoo
07-23-2019, 03:15 PM
It would be cool if, after signing a ball, he would throw it back to you from that distance (suggestion...bring glove).

Brian
Since most MLB players had a tough time hitting his 'cutter', the vast majority of collectors at the show probably couldn't catch it either......but it would be fun to watch!

Santo10Fan
07-23-2019, 05:08 PM
I sent a screenshot of Rivera's ticket page to my friends. We all found $500 to be absurd. Pete Rose is higher than his last Rosemont appearances. I'm getting William Shatner because the last time I had a chance was Star Trek 50th Convention 2017 and the cover charge was way too high. He's 88 and I don't want to miss what may be the last chance to see him. He is slightly above his previous rates that I have seen, at $89

Copa7
07-23-2019, 07:38 PM
I hate to break this news, but he was here at the Saratoga race track and signed a few things for fans.... Free.

I don't want anyone's autograph they are not willing to give. But that's just me.

Santo10Fan
07-23-2019, 07:54 PM
I hate to break this news, but he was here at the Saratoga race track and signed a few things for fans.... Free.

I don't want anyone's autograph they are not willing to give. But that's just me.
Was it an appearance for the track or some lucky people caught him while he was playing ponies?