NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-22-2019, 07:03 PM
Mike

Default National Show Auto Prices

I just checked the 2019 National Auto Prices. Wow. Mariano Rivera auto is $ 499 . Oh I forgot, inscriptions are extra. Any opinions , I guess I haven't bought any autos lately or will.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:07 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidethewrapper View Post
I just checked the 2019 National Auto Prices. Wow. Mariano Rivera auto is $ 499 . Oh I forgot, inscriptions are extra. Any opinions , I guess I haven't bought any autos lately or will.
I have looked at a couple guys I would like to get but they are crazy high there compared to normal signings.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:39 PM
Jay Cee

Quote:
More people have landed on the moon than scored on Rivera in post season play.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:27 PM
Tim Hadley
Tim Ha.dley

These people are human beings and not some immortal Gods. I will not be paying the money they want for guys that were paid more than a decent living to play a game. If I just want an auto, I can basically get one of any of them on Ebay for a fraction of the cost. Truth is, I wouldn't even wait in line for an hour or how ever long it is to get an autograph for free. Except for Bob Uecker…..he is God-Like so I'd pay a little and wait a while.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:13 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethius88 View Post
These people are human beings and not some immortal Gods. I will not be paying the money they want for guys that were paid more than a decent living to play a game. If I just want an auto, I can basically get one of any of them on Ebay for a fraction of the cost. Truth is, I wouldn't even wait in line for an hour or how ever long it is to get an autograph for free. Except for Bob Uecker…..he is God-Like so I'd pay a little and wait a while.
+1

"ball 4...ball 8...low, and he walks the bases loaded on 12 straight pitches. How can these guys lay off pitches that close? "

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 07-23-2019, 08:57 AM

His signed Rookie card costs less. Just buy off ebay.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:42 AM

It would be a thrill to meet Mariano Rivera, but at $499, plus the cost to get into the show, plus gas, A LOT OF TOLLS, food; well, tell the National Committee that I regrettably cannot attend. ---Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 07-23-2019 at 10:43 AM.
Old 07-23-2019, 11:48 AM

You don't really get to "meet" anyone at these shows. I got Pettitte at the AC national to complete my core four ball. The only words we exchanged were "Where should I sign" and then "There, please."

Rivera was $299 at the AC show and I'm still mad I didn't get my final appearance ticket signed. Will never be paying $499.
Old 07-23-2019, 01:47 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

Might be interesting to see how long the " wait line " is to get a Rivera signed item. Could be embarrassing.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:04 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

You don't get to actually meet him. His table is sixty feet, six inches away from you as he signs your item.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
You don't get to actually meet him. His table is sixty feet, six inches away from you as he signs your item.
It would be cool if, after signing a ball, he would throw it back to you from that distance (suggestion...bring glove).

Brian
Old 07-23-2019, 03:15 PM
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
It would be cool if, after signing a ball, he would throw it back to you from that distance (suggestion...bring glove).

Brian
Since most MLB players had a tough time hitting his 'cutter', the vast majority of collectors at the show probably couldn't catch it either......but it would be fun to watch!
Old 07-23-2019, 05:08 PM
Ben
ben tay/lor

Quote:
I sent a screenshot of Rivera's ticket page to my friends. We all found $500 to be absurd. Pete Rose is higher than his last Rosemont appearances. I'm getting William Shatner because the last time I had a chance was Star Trek 50th Convention 2017 and the cover charge was way too high. He's 88 and I don't want to miss what may be the last chance to see him. He is slightly above his previous rates that I have seen, at $89
Old 07-23-2019, 07:38 PM
Chuck Zso.lnai

Default rivera auto

I hate to break this news, but he was here at the Saratoga race track and signed a few things for fans.... Free.

I don't want anyone's autograph they are not willing to give. But that's just me.
Set in progress: 1994 Upper Deck World Cup autographed
Set in progress: 1938 Konig Fussball
Sub set in progress: 1910-12 Sweet Caporal pins - Philadelphia Athletics - 4 of 11 complete (need: Baker, Murphy, Plank, Krause, Davis)

Successful transactions:
aro13
edsj
commishbob
jpaol99
Gonzo,
abroom
Brianp-beme
Dboneesq
Chris Counts
xplainer
Bobbyw8469

Last edited by Copa7; 07-23-2019 at 07:38 PM.
Old 07-23-2019, 07:54 PM
Ben
ben tay/lor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copa7 View Post
I hate to break this news, but he was here at the Saratoga race track and signed a few things for fans.... Free.

I don't want anyone's autograph they are not willing to give. But that's just me.
Was it an appearance for the track or some lucky people caught him while he was playing ponies?