PDA

View Full Version : WSSCA card show in Seattle (Shoreline) WA this weekend

AndrewJerome
05-30-2012, 10:35 AM
The Washington State Sports Collectors Association (WSSCA) Summer Convention will be held Saturday June 2nd and Sunday June 3rd.

There will be 43 tables. A list of dealers and other show information is available on the WSSCA web site: www.wssca.net

The show again will be held at Meridian Park Elementary School in Shoreline, WA. The School's address is 17077 Meridian Ave. N, Shoreline, WA (about 10 minutes north of downtown Seattle). Show hours are 9-5 on Saturday, and 9-3 on Sunday. This is our 40th annual Summer Show.

There will be dealers with Pre-war cards, including Mark Macrae and Keith Schneider. Matt Sears and I will have two tables of pre-war as well. Hope to see Rob A (if his new package doesn't arrive quite yet) and other Net 54ers at the show,

Andrew

pariah1107
05-30-2012, 10:39 AM
Awesome Andrew, see you this weekend. Congrats on 40 years of Sports Cards/Memorabilia excellence.

drc
05-30-2012, 10:47 AM
"and other Net54ers." You make us sound like cattle.

Not saying we aren't.

Publius
05-30-2012, 10:29 PM
Went last year with a buddy, great show. I even won a gift certificate in the raffle, which I promptly spent! :)

t206fix
05-31-2012, 12:59 PM
I haven't been to a card show in 20 years! How much to get in? I live in Mukilteo and might happen to swing by...

AndrewJerome
05-31-2012, 01:52 PM
Hi Tony,

$2 admission, kids under 7 are free. Come say "hi" -- I'm the short guy wearing a vintage baby blue Mariner's shirt. Hope to see you at the show,

Andrew

keithlyt
06-01-2012, 04:15 PM
hope to see everyone there. went thru my duplicates and am bringing a near set (87 of 90) Home Run Kisses to sell. maybe others. also might be digging out some vintage non-sport if time permits.

Luke
06-01-2012, 09:00 PM
I had no idea this was happening in my backyard. I'm definitely going to stop by and try to add a couple t206 to the collection.

MacDice
06-01-2012, 09:46 PM
I wish I could go but working a kids baseball camp and have three games to coach in this weekend

familytoad
06-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Looks like I will be able to make it from SW Washington!
I've been forced to miss this great show the last few times so it will be fantastic to take a ride and be immersed in baseball cards rather than in work:cool:
Sounds like we will have several N54 characters there!

Woot!

Hoy4HOF
06-01-2012, 11:48 PM
I'm in Vancouver and with gas at $4.30+ in this area, it's too far to drive on a teacher's salary....wish this could be held in the Portland area some time.

E93
06-02-2012, 03:54 AM
Wish I could make it. It will have to be next time for me. It is a good show and a lot of fun.
JimB

familytoad
06-02-2012, 09:46 AM
Yep, I am not too jazzed about the 360 miles with the dumb NW gas prices right now.
We Portland/Vancouver area folks should carpool one of these times when we get some planning time.
I just found out my teenage son is working with a neighbor today ( odd jobs) so I will travel solo...oh well, he likes baseball but tends to have a much shorter attention span than dad at card shows.
I'll be there later today nonetheless:D

Luke
06-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Met a couple members and had a good time. Bought a couple t206s from Mark Macrae. There isn't a ton of pre-war but if you like Obaks, you should definitely try to make it out. Quite a few of those for sale. Don't know about prices, but Mark seemed to be the only one with competitive prices on the t206 and he had a few stacks of Obaks. All in all, glad I went.

familytoad
06-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Too late to make the Saturday show, but I will be down to the school in the AM.
Its only 2 miles away I think.
Tonight I am enjoying a nice evening near Green Lake...gonna find some chow and watch a movie...tomorrow, its cardboard and more cardboard!

dlfallen
06-03-2012, 09:40 AM
No, not a ton of prewar stuff, but I was able to buy several Zeenuts from a dealer not named Mark Macrae - usually Mark is about it. I did see a raritiy -- a near set of Home Run Kisses. I have never seen that many in one place before, something like 86/90.

williamcohon
06-04-2012, 01:09 AM
Well, after selling at the last two WSSCA shows, I went back to buying. It's much less hectic. And I had some success, too. I found five Obaks, two t206's, a t205, two 1952 Topps, and some other cards for presents. Met a couple of Net 54 cattle, I mean guys, and had a great time. Thanks, Mark, Keith, Rob, and especially Andrew.

Luke
06-04-2012, 01:22 AM
It was nice meeting you Bill. Sorry I took the nicer Chase :D

keithlyt
06-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Thanks to all. nice to see old friends and meet new ones. a great show and fun weekend. and some great food! see you at the next show or stop by and visit us at the store or our website. Keith Schneider and Liz Cormier

Gasoline Alley Antiques (http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com)

AndrewJerome
06-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Many thanks to all the collectors and dealers who attended the show. Extra special thanks to Keith S. for helping me knock three tough Seattle Zs off my wantlist. See you all in November!

Andrew

familytoad
06-04-2012, 08:53 PM
I think this show just wins everytime for the combination of cool cards and cool guys.
While I invested twice as much time just getting there than I spent at the show and dropped just less than the same amount on gas,hotel and dinners that I spent on cardboard, I would do it again next weekend (see the spousal support thread, I don't want to push my luck:D)

I had a blast!
I hung out w/ OBC buddy Rick Lyons and our N54 faithful, bought some really nice cards at better than fair prices ( no museum pricing ) and left without mustard on my shirt:p

Great to meet Keith for the first time and yuk it up with Mark, Rob and Andrew...anytime now we will be honorary n54 uncles too !!;)

Hope to see y'all in November!

SteveMitchell
06-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Stopped by Saturday from 10:30 til 2:30 or so. I would have stayed longer but I knew a couple of errands had to be run. Enjoyed talking with several guys: Matt & Andrew, Mike Cotton, Keith Schnieder & Liz, Mark Macrae, Dave Peterson and others.

Picked up some starter Zeenuts (actually most of the '33 set) from Matt & Andrew, autographed postcards, Seattle Union Oils and a few other neat items.

The show was a good one but the banter among dealers and buyers is always the high point. Talking over the early days (WSSCA shows started in '73) with a fellow founding member (Larry Moe) made 4 decades past seem like yesterday. The show was almost as good as our Edmonds "buy" of 1972-73 when we picked up a large collection of T206, T205, some E cards and miscellaneous others. Then going to my house to "draft" our choices.

All in all, a very good show which should not be missed if you are near Seattle/Shoreline in late May/early June or November. (WSSCA shows have been twice-a-year for 2-3 years now.)

Thanks to all who made it a VERY enjoyable time!

oaks1912
06-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Just returned from the Northwest and it was great to see the familiar faces as well as a few new ones. Although the show is small in size, there is a lot of good material, intelligent collectors and great times. Thanks to all those who made my stay successful and enjoyable. Brian, don't feel too bad. At least gas prices are less expensive than here in the Bay Area. I felt like the 2200 mile trip was productive... Oh Keith, by the way, I just realized I put the wrong Home Run Kisses in the 'sell' pile... Those duplicates were actually your set....:)

keithlyt
06-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Mark - I forgot to tell you that we but Poison Oak in your pillowcase - should be breaking out right about now! enjoy