NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-30-2012, 10:35 AM

Default WSSCA card show in Seattle (Shoreline) WA this weekend

The Washington State Sports Collectors Association (WSSCA) Summer Convention will be held Saturday June 2nd and Sunday June 3rd.

There will be 43 tables. A list of dealers and other show information is available on the WSSCA web site: www.wssca.net

The show again will be held at Meridian Park Elementary School in Shoreline, WA. The School's address is 17077 Meridian Ave. N, Shoreline, WA (about 10 minutes north of downtown Seattle). Show hours are 9-5 on Saturday, and 9-3 on Sunday. This is our 40th annual Summer Show.

There will be dealers with Pre-war cards, including Mark Macrae and Keith Schneider. Matt Sears and I will have two tables of pre-war as well. Hope to see Rob A (if his new package doesn't arrive quite yet) and other Net 54ers at the show,

Andrew
Old 05-30-2012, 10:39 AM
pariah1107

Awesome Andrew, see you this weekend. Congrats on 40 years of Sports Cards/Memorabilia excellence.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:47 AM

"and other Net54ers." You make us sound like cattle.

Not saying we aren't.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:29 PM
Joe S
J.oe Squi.res

Went last year with a buddy, great show. I even won a gift certificate in the raffle, which I promptly spent!
Old 05-31-2012, 12:59 PM
Tony Davis

Default years!

I haven't been to a card show in 20 years! How much to get in? I live in Mukilteo and might happen to swing by...
Old 05-31-2012, 01:52 PM

Hi Tony,

$2 admission, kids under 7 are free. Come say "hi" -- I'm the short guy wearing a vintage baby blue Mariner's shirt. Hope to see you at the show,

Andrew
Old 06-01-2012, 04:15 PM

Default WSSCA show - Home Run Kisses

hope to see everyone there. went thru my duplicates and am bringing a near set (87 of 90) Home Run Kisses to sell. maybe others. also might be digging out some vintage non-sport if time permits.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Luke Lyon

Default thanks for posting this

I had no idea this was happening in my backyard. I'm definitely going to stop by and try to add a couple t206 to the collection.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:46 PM

I wish I could go but working a kids baseball camp and have three games to coach in this weekend
Old 06-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default Me too!

Looks like I will be able to make it from SW Washington!
I've been forced to miss this great show the last few times so it will be fantastic to take a ride and be immersed in baseball cards rather than in work
Sounds like we will have several N54 characters there!

Woot!

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:48 PM
Greg

I'm in Vancouver and with gas at $4.30+ in this area, it's too far to drive on a teacher's salary....wish this could be held in the Portland area some time.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:54 AM

Wish I could make it. It will have to be next time for me. It is a good show and a lot of fun.
JimB
Old 06-02-2012, 09:46 AM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default Gas

Yep, I am not too jazzed about the 360 miles with the dumb NW gas prices right now.
We Portland/Vancouver area folks should carpool one of these times when we get some planning time.
I just found out my teenage son is working with a neighbor today ( odd jobs) so I will travel solo...oh well, he likes baseball but tends to have a much shorter attention span than dad at card shows.
I'll be there later today nonetheless

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Luke Lyon

Default Just got back from the show

Met a couple members and had a good time. Bought a couple t206s from Mark Macrae. There isn't a ton of pre-war but if you like Obaks, you should definitely try to make it out. Quite a few of those for sale. Don't know about prices, but Mark seemed to be the only one with competitive prices on the t206 and he had a few stacks of Obaks. All in all, glad I went.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default Got in late

Too late to make the Saturday show, but I will be down to the school in the AM.
Its only 2 miles away I think.
Tonight I am enjoying a nice evening near Green Lake...gonna find some chow and watch a movie...tomorrow, its cardboard and more cardboard!

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:40 AM

No, not a ton of prewar stuff, but I was able to buy several Zeenuts from a dealer not named Mark Macrae - usually Mark is about it. I did see a raritiy -- a near set of Home Run Kisses. I have never seen that many in one place before, something like 86/90.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:09 AM
Bill Cohon

Well, after selling at the last two WSSCA shows, I went back to buying. It's much less hectic. And I had some success, too. I found five Obaks, two t206's, a t205, two 1952 Topps, and some other cards for presents. Met a couple of Net 54 cattle, I mean guys, and had a great time. Thanks, Mark, Keith, Rob, and especially Andrew.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:22 AM
Luke Lyon

It was nice meeting you Bill. Sorry I took the nicer Chase
Old 06-04-2012, 01:17 PM

Default Wssca show

Thanks to all. nice to see old friends and meet new ones. a great show and fun weekend. and some great food! see you at the next show or stop by and visit us at the store or our website. Keith Schneider and Liz Cormier

Gasoline Alley Antiques
Old 06-04-2012, 04:25 PM

Many thanks to all the collectors and dealers who attended the show. Extra special thanks to Keith S. for helping me knock three tough Seattle Zs off my wantlist. See you all in November!

Andrew
Old 06-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default Great show!

I think this show just wins everytime for the combination of cool cards and cool guys.
While I invested twice as much time just getting there than I spent at the show and dropped just less than the same amount on gas,hotel and dinners that I spent on cardboard, I would do it again next weekend (see the spousal support thread, I don't want to push my luck)

I had a blast!
I hung out w/ OBC buddy Rick Lyons and our N54 faithful, bought some really nice cards at better than fair prices ( no museum pricing ) and left without mustard on my shirt

Great to meet Keith for the first time and yuk it up with Mark, Rob and Andrew...anytime now we will be honorary n54 uncles too !!

Hope to see y'all in November!

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:03 PM

Default WSSCA's 40th was a good show with great people

Stopped by Saturday from 10:30 til 2:30 or so. I would have stayed longer but I knew a couple of errands had to be run. Enjoyed talking with several guys: Matt & Andrew, Mike Cotton, Keith Schnieder & Liz, Mark Macrae, Dave Peterson and others.

Picked up some starter Zeenuts (actually most of the '33 set) from Matt & Andrew, autographed postcards, Seattle Union Oils and a few other neat items.

The show was a good one but the banter among dealers and buyers is always the high point. Talking over the early days (WSSCA shows started in '73) with a fellow founding member (Larry Moe) made 4 decades past seem like yesterday. The show was almost as good as our Edmonds "buy" of 1972-73 when we picked up a large collection of T206, T205, some E cards and miscellaneous others. Then going to my house to "draft" our choices.

All in all, a very good show which should not be missed if you are near Seattle/Shoreline in late May/early June or November. (WSSCA shows have been twice-a-year for 2-3 years now.)

Thanks to all who made it a VERY enjoyable time!
Old 06-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Mark Macrae

Default Great time as usual

Just returned from the Northwest and it was great to see the familiar faces as well as a few new ones. Although the show is small in size, there is a lot of good material, intelligent collectors and great times. Thanks to all those who made my stay successful and enjoyable. Brian, don't feel too bad. At least gas prices are less expensive than here in the Bay Area. I felt like the 2200 mile trip was productive... Oh Keith, by the way, I just realized I put the wrong Home Run Kisses in the 'sell' pile... Those duplicates were actually your set....
Old 06-06-2012, 07:01 PM

Default ouch!

Mark - I forgot to tell you that we but Poison Oak in your pillowcase - should be breaking out right about now! enjoy