PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Buyer/Seller Warning

Jason
05-20-2012, 01:34 PM
I didnt want to post anything about this.Its not my style.However after I see this Ebay'er now selling Vintage Cards I had to.

A couple of weeks ago I sold a T206 Bender w/Trees on Ebay and received the payment from Ebay'er http://myworld.ebay.com/pcffox/&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2754 Paul Fox

Once shipping had occured the payment was cancelled at the bank and he received the card.I messaged him after paypal made me aware of the chargebacks and he said payment was on the way.Still no payment.Ebay will cover the sale price for me so this is just a warning in case he buys or sells you a card and doesnt reciprocate on his end.Thanks.Jason Wells

Anthony S.
05-20-2012, 02:28 PM
I recognize the name well. He takes forever to pay. The first time he won a card from me he took 4 days to pay. Not ideal, but not too bad. Little did I know that that qualified as immediate payment on his part. The next time he won a card from me he took 11 days to pay. Following that he won 3 T206s from me over a 3 day period and took 14 days to pay me. He only paid me on that occasion after a rather terse email on my part. I tend to believe that he's not a con man, but rather gets in over his head and wins cards that he can't cover until his next payday. That being said, I find your story about the Bender disturbing.

I'm currently awaiting payment from him on a T206 Southern Leaguer card he won 5 days ago. I'm not holding my breath. Pretty sure that I'm going to contact the underbidders to see if one of them wants it. I don't need the aggravation and obviously he shouldn't be paying me until he rectifies the situation with you.

vintagetoppsguy
05-20-2012, 02:58 PM
I didnt want to post anything about this...

Jason,

Thank you for posting this. Scum like this should be outed. Sorry that happened to you.

David

Luke
05-20-2012, 02:59 PM
If its the same Paul.Fox that is a member here, I have bought a couple of cards from him on two separate occasions via paypal and received them promptly. Not cool what is going on now though.

marcdelpercio
05-20-2012, 04:09 PM
I will echo what Anthony S. said. He also purchased a couple of cards from me earlier this year and took a very long time to pay. I had to file a NPB report before payment finally arrived. The transaction was okay from that point. It definitely sounds like a pattern here so beware.

Jason
05-22-2012, 07:17 PM
Update: Ebay paid his bill for him by me.However he is still allowed to sell and purchase?I guess he slipped through Ebay's cracks.Scuttlebutt is he is a member here.

Sterling Sports Auctions
05-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Blocking him might not be a bad idea. :confused:

Lee

rainier2004
05-24-2012, 06:08 AM
Sorry to hear about this bullsh!t and any other dishonest crap that happens to honest collectors. Was it determined if this guy is a member of the board or not?

painthistorian
05-24-2012, 04:47 PM
we usually do not post but this bidder(pcffox) bought 3 cards from us May 6th, all t206's, bounced his e check after waiting 2 weeks for a response initially...he is blocked unless he makes this right FAST, which I do not think he will.

painthistorian
05-29-2012, 09:37 PM
UPDATE-we closed our case resolutions w/ e-bay which was found in our favor since we never received our payments, he bounced all of his e checks, yet he still is on ebay w/ 100% feedback and allowed to still bid, this is exactly where e bay fails to prevent to protect quality sellers from this type of bidder pestilence.