NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-20-2012, 01:34 PM
Jason Wells

Default Ebay Buyer/Seller Warning

I didnt want to post anything about this.Its not my style.However after I see this Ebay'er now selling Vintage Cards I had to.

A couple of weeks ago I sold a T206 Bender w/Trees on Ebay and received the payment from Ebay'er http://myworld.ebay.com/pcffox/&_trk...84.m1562.l2754 Paul Fox

Once shipping had occured the payment was cancelled at the bank and he received the card.I messaged him after paypal made me aware of the chargebacks and he said payment was on the way.Still no payment.Ebay will cover the sale price for me so this is just a warning in case he buys or sells you a card and doesnt reciprocate on his end.Thanks.Jason Wells
Old 05-20-2012, 02:28 PM
D.B. Cooper

I recognize the name well. He takes forever to pay. The first time he won a card from me he took 4 days to pay. Not ideal, but not too bad. Little did I know that that qualified as immediate payment on his part. The next time he won a card from me he took 11 days to pay. Following that he won 3 T206s from me over a 3 day period and took 14 days to pay me. He only paid me on that occasion after a rather terse email on my part. I tend to believe that he's not a con man, but rather gets in over his head and wins cards that he can't cover until his next payday. That being said, I find your story about the Bender disturbing.

I'm currently awaiting payment from him on a T206 Southern Leaguer card he won 5 days ago. I'm not holding my breath. Pretty sure that I'm going to contact the underbidders to see if one of them wants it. I don't need the aggravation and obviously he shouldn't be paying me until he rectifies the situation with you.

http://imageevent.com/boboinnes/obaks

Last edited by Anthony S.; 05-20-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:58 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I didnt want to post anything about this...
Jason,

Thank you for posting this. Scum like this should be outed. Sorry that happened to you.

David
Old 05-20-2012, 02:59 PM
Luke Lyon

If its the same Paul.Fox that is a member here, I have bought a couple of cards from him on two separate occasions via paypal and received them promptly. Not cool what is going on now though.

Last edited by Luke; 05-20-2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: alter the name
Old 05-20-2012, 04:09 PM
Marc

I will echo what Anthony S. said. He also purchased a couple of cards from me earlier this year and took a very long time to pay. I had to file a NPB report before payment finally arrived. The transaction was okay from that point. It definitely sounds like a pattern here so beware.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:17 PM
Jason Wells

Update: Ebay paid his bill for him by me.However he is still allowed to sell and purchase?I guess he slipped through Ebay's cracks.Scuttlebutt is he is a member here.

Last edited by Jason; 05-22-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Lee B.
lee be.hrens

Blocking him might not be a bad idea.

Lee
Old 05-24-2012, 06:08 AM
Steven

Sorry to hear about this bullsh!t and any other dishonest crap that happens to honest collectors. Was it determined if this guy is a member of the board or not?
Old 05-24-2012, 04:47 PM
L.arry Glads.tone

Default RE: Paul Fox

we usually do not post but this bidder(pcffox) bought 3 cards from us May 6th, all t206's, bounced his e check after waiting 2 weeks for a response initially...he is blocked unless he makes this right FAST, which I do not think he will.

Last edited by painthistorian; 05-24-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:37 PM
L.arry Glads.tone

Default same bidder PCFFOX

UPDATE-we closed our case resolutions w/ e-bay which was found in our favor since we never received our payments, he bounced all of his e checks, yet he still is on ebay w/ 100% feedback and allowed to still bid, this is exactly where e bay fails to prevent to protect quality sellers from this type of bidder pestilence.