PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Selling Limits???

gashouse34
07-25-2011, 01:28 AM
Ebay sent me a message today to inform me I now have selling limits, here is the message:

"We've updated the selling limits on your account. You can now sell up to 11 items and up to $500.00 a month, whichever comes first. We'll review your account periodically, and may automatically increase these limits based on your selling performance.

These updated selling limits aren't because of any actions you've taken on your eBay account. Limits give sellers an opportunity to learn to sell effectively on eBay before ramping up."

I've been with ebay since 2006 and have never had anything but positive feedback from a buyer or seller. What's the deal? Has anyone else received a selling limit? I don't sell all that much but my profit from selling is what I use to buy a large portion of my own collection. I guess I have been selling "Ineffectively" up to this point?:mad: I had planned to list some items earlier today but now I am unable to do so until next month(reached limit). Interested to hear if this has happened to others and were you able to increase your selling limits easily? Thanks, Brandon

07-27-2011, 02:43 PM
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/sellinglimits.html

"Many members have limits placed on their account or on certain categories and items until they confirm certain information or establish a positive selling history."

Maybe you need to "confirm certain information" before they'll remove the limits? Are you verified and all that jazz?

Brendan
07-27-2011, 04:31 PM
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/sellinglimits.html

"Many members have limits placed on their account or on certain categories and items until they confirm certain information or establish a positive selling history."

Maybe you need to "confirm certain information" before they'll remove the limits? Are you verified and all that jazz?

Verified isn't enough. eBay wants to have as much information as possible, including SSN. I would call them up if I were you.

slidekellyslide
07-30-2011, 03:02 PM
Ebay did this to me too...my selling limits are a lot higher than yours 252 items or $4,920...how they came up with those numbers is beyond me. I have never had any problems with ebay...the only negative I've ever received was a few weeks ago and the lady left it by accident..it's since been revised to a positive. I can get nowhere with them on the phone..apparently all sellers are reviewed monthly and they can make changes to your account once a month. I swear the powers that be at ebay are trying to kill it.

peterose4hof
07-30-2011, 03:55 PM
I can't say for certain that this applies to your situation, but Ebay has been limiting sellers accounts for a lot of people when they receive Low DSRs (Detailed Seller Ratings). You can check this by clicking on the "mydashboard" link on your my Ebay page.

gashouse34
07-30-2011, 06:08 PM
I can't say for certain that this applies to your situation, but Ebay has been limiting sellers accounts for a lot of people when they receive Low DSRs (Detailed Seller Ratings). You can check this by clicking on the "mydashboard" link on your my Ebay page.

My DSR ratings are all at or just below 5.0....I've just recently started selling more so I wonder if that got their attention...for whatever reason??? With only 11 items per month means I'm going to have to package some items together I guess....would like to know the real reason for the limits they are enforcing.

FUBAR
07-30-2011, 06:30 PM
Or you can sell on here and save the fees.... or via B & L auctions or something similar

slidekellyslide
07-30-2011, 08:21 PM

My DSR ratings are 4.93, 4.93, 4.95 and 4.87...with 422 transactions in the last three months. I'm a Silver Power Seller. I have never failed to pay my ebay bill..it's pure insanity on the part of a company to limit someone as productive as I am. Of course I am one of the few actual sellers they have left that doesn't clutter their site up with crap BIN's and runs actual auctions only...this is the type of seller they want to kill off so they can be more like Amazon. Anyone notice the little shopping cart up in the righthand corner now?

novakjr
07-31-2011, 04:40 PM
Who knows what the hell they're up to. Ebay's been a total mess for a while now. They're like the manager that can't quit tinkering with his line-up.

Doug
08-01-2011, 11:05 AM
Who knows what the hell they're up to. Ebay's been a total mess for a while now. They're like the manager that can't quit tinkering with his line-up.

So you are saying Dusty Baker is in charge of eBay? :D

novakjr
08-01-2011, 04:20 PM
So you are saying Dusty Baker is in charge of eBay? :D

I was thinking more like Eric Wedge...Maybe Wedgie and Dusty have partnered up?

Doug
08-01-2011, 09:53 PM
I was thinking more like Eric Wedge...Maybe Wedgie and Dusty have partnered up?

Could be. Wedge can tinker with the lineup and Baker can blow up the bullpen. That pretty much sounds like how eBay operates... :rolleyes: