NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 07-25-2011, 01:28 AM
Brandon

Default Ebay Selling Limits???

Ebay sent me a message today to inform me I now have selling limits, here is the message:

"We've updated the selling limits on your account. You can now sell up to 11 items and up to $500.00 a month, whichever comes first. We'll review your account periodically, and may automatically increase these limits based on your selling performance.

These updated selling limits aren't because of any actions you've taken on your eBay account. Limits give sellers an opportunity to learn to sell effectively on eBay before ramping up."

I've been with ebay since 2006 and have never had anything but positive feedback from a buyer or seller. What's the deal? Has anyone else received a selling limit? I don't sell all that much but my profit from selling is what I use to buy a large portion of my own collection. I guess I have been selling "Ineffectively" up to this point? I had planned to list some items earlier today but now I am unable to do so until next month(reached limit). Interested to hear if this has happened to others and were you able to increase your selling limits easily? Thanks, Brandon
Old 07-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Daryl

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/sellinglimits.html

"Many members have limits placed on their account or on certain categories and items until they confirm certain information or establish a positive selling history."

Maybe you need to "confirm certain information" before they'll remove the limits? Are you verified and all that jazz?
Old 07-27-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4815162342 View Post
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/sellinglimits.html

"Many members have limits placed on their account or on certain categories and items until they confirm certain information or establish a positive selling history."

Maybe you need to "confirm certain information" before they'll remove the limits? Are you verified and all that jazz?
Verified isn't enough. eBay wants to have as much information as possible, including SSN. I would call them up if I were you.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:02 PM
Dan Bretta

Ebay did this to me too...my selling limits are a lot higher than yours 252 items or $4,920...how they came up with those numbers is beyond me. I have never had any problems with ebay...the only negative I've ever received was a few weeks ago and the lady left it by accident..it's since been revised to a positive. I can get nowhere with them on the phone..apparently all sellers are reviewed monthly and they can make changes to your account once a month. I swear the powers that be at ebay are trying to kill it.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:55 PM
Chr!$ "Bubba" L@mb

I can't say for certain that this applies to your situation, but Ebay has been limiting sellers accounts for a lot of people when they receive Low DSRs (Detailed Seller Ratings). You can check this by clicking on the "mydashboard" link on your my Ebay page.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:08 PM
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterose4hof View Post
I can't say for certain that this applies to your situation, but Ebay has been limiting sellers accounts for a lot of people when they receive Low DSRs (Detailed Seller Ratings). You can check this by clicking on the "mydashboard" link on your my Ebay page.
My DSR ratings are all at or just below 5.0....I've just recently started selling more so I wonder if that got their attention...for whatever reason??? With only 11 items per month means I'm going to have to package some items together I guess....would like to know the real reason for the limits they are enforcing.

Last edited by gashousegang_1; 07-30-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:30 PM
Jim D

Or you can sell on here and save the fees.... or via B & L auctions or something similar

It is better to be quiet and thought of as a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt!!
Old 07-30-2011, 08:21 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterose4hof View Post
My DSR ratings are 4.93, 4.93, 4.95 and 4.87...with 422 transactions in the last three months. I'm a Silver Power Seller. I have never failed to pay my ebay bill..it's pure insanity on the part of a company to limit someone as productive as I am. Of course I am one of the few actual sellers they have left that doesn't clutter their site up with crap BIN's and runs actual auctions only...this is the type of seller they want to kill off so they can be more like Amazon. Anyone notice the little shopping cart up in the righthand corner now?
Old 07-31-2011, 04:40 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Who knows what the hell they're up to. Ebay's been a total mess for a while now. They're like the manager that can't quit tinkering with his line-up.

Last edited by novakjr; 07-31-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:05 AM
Doug C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakjr View Post
Who knows what the hell they're up to. Ebay's been a total mess for a while now. They're like the manager that can't quit tinkering with his line-up.
So you are saying Dusty Baker is in charge of eBay?
Old 08-01-2011, 04:20 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
So you are saying Dusty Baker is in charge of eBay?
I was thinking more like Eric Wedge...Maybe Wedgie and Dusty have partnered up?
Old 08-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Doug C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakjr View Post
I was thinking more like Eric Wedge...Maybe Wedgie and Dusty have partnered up?
Could be. Wedge can tinker with the lineup and Baker can blow up the bullpen. That pretty much sounds like how eBay operates...