NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

Posted By: WILL HAYS

Hi Group, I noticed while reading Scott Gaynor's thread that there was some uncertainty regarding the status of former Ebay juggernaut Sandiegowill (My name is Will, I live in San Diego. Get it? - I wish I had a nickel for everyone who called me Sandie).

We are, in fact, now on Ebay as wcm-inc which stands for West Coast Memorabilia. Our feedback and everything just carried over. Ebay, unfortunately, does not make allowances for high-profile sellers who change their seller ID's so we apologize if anyone was looking for us and could not find us.

By the way, we are always looking for stuff and we offer an exceptioanally fast turn-around. I will be in Michigan and Texas later this month so please feel free to contact me if I can be of service to anyone in those areas.

Best, Will Hays
President - West Coast Memorabilia, Inc.
San Diego, CA
858-503-0190

Old 01-06-2009, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

Posted By: leon

Good to hear from you. Will you be in North Texas, maybe we can hook up for lunch? best regards

Old 01-06-2009, 12:00 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

Posted By: JimCrandell

Hi Will,

I have known Will for many years and he is a reputable, honest guy and one of the finest dealers in the business. Highly recommended!

Old 01-06-2009, 12:05 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

Posted By: Arthur Lobbe

Great Seller. I have always been pleased.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

Posted By: Jason L

that that Ebay ID was associated with Mastro, for some reason.
Was/is that true?
Apologies if not.

Thanks

Old 01-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

I believe Will was with Sports Cards Plus at one time.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:43 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

Posted By: Anthony N.

Jason- you're thinking of SandyAndy (or something to that effect) that was the one that was associated with Mastro.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

the years. For a long time, I thought it was Sandie-go-will. Didn't really know what that was until it just kind of hit me..........nice place to be.........San Diego...........

Old 01-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

Will,

I am at La Valencia in La Jolla this Sunday night(no nicer spot around)if you would like to grab a drink.

Jim

Old 01-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

Posted By: S Gross

A repeat, happy customer, thanks for update ...............

................... funny, always thought you were a husband/wife team:

"Sandie" and "Will"

Old 01-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

Posted By: Jason L

wasn't clear from your original post - is WCM a new business?

I wasn't aware of your sales history - what do you focus on? vintage, graded, baseball, -perhaps T202 and T204 Cubs at ridiculous discounts!? a combination of all these? (I can't check EBAY while at work)
Thanks

Old 01-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

Posted By: Rhys

That is funny, I have bought stuff from Will for probably 6 years on ebay (Several hundred items I am sure) and was ALWAYS pleased. I just bought some stuff from his new account and did not realize it.

What is funny is that for a couple years I thought his screen name was

Sandie - Go - Will

Old 01-06-2009, 01:40 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

Posted By: tj

edited due to anonymity....please put your full name out here and say what you want to per the rules....(leon)

Old 01-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

Hello Jason, Basically we just get tons of stuff and sell it on Ebay. When we are fortunate to buy deals or get consigned collections of vintage memorabilia then we get to do business with the fine people in this group. Our business model is similar to the Scott Gaynor model, that is up until his groundbreaking announcement of earlier today that I read and which prompted my post.

Much of what we run is consigned to us by collectors, dealers, sometimes estates or other auction companies and then we go out and buy collections to make up the rest.

I did get some cool cards back from PSA today, though sadly no T202 or T204 Cubs.

To be completely honest, we changed our name as part of an agreement that we had with GAI. Our intention was to have people assign their entire collections to Global and have GAI grade and cert everything that was practical and then have us sell it with the goal of paying as fast as possible (soup to nuts in 10 days or less). Obviously, all of that would be done with the intent of maximizing the value of the collection and putting our best foot forward on the premium material. As a result, we thought that a crisp business-sounding name like wcm-inc with 50,000+ feedback would appeal more to someone who had not previously done business with us than the more "doing this out of my house"-sounding name of sandiegowill.

That's the deal. Sometimes I wonder if the confusion in the name change was worth sounding more businesslike. And, no, we don't do this out of my house. There is a staff of seven here including myself.

Will

Old 01-06-2009, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

Posted By: dan mckee

The Sandiegowill ebayer used to get a bunch of stuff from Mastro auctions to ebay. I think Mastro sent him the stuff that didn't warrant color catalog status. I bought TONS from him and he and his partner Chris were always great! The Will I knew couldn't possibly have 60 negatives in 12 months or something went drastically wrong. I concur with Jim Crandall's above statement, Will was one of the best! Dan Mckee.

Old 01-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

Posted By: Fred C

Jim C,

So you're going to stay in that pink dump in La Jolla huh... happy.gif

Sandie (I mean Will),

Good to see you posting.

TJ,

Show me an ebay seller with over 22,000 feedbacks (99.8% positive) and I'll show you a quality seller. Will Hays is a very reputable dealer. I can't imagine that he'd stiff anyone. He's had over 22K feedbacks with 40 negs in the past year. I don't know about you but that 99.8% looks awful healthy to me.

Old 01-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

Posted By: Ken Wirt

I purchased an Old Judge Bid McPhee from Will last year that was literally cut in half (in order to save a ton of money)! When I inquired about whether or not it was legit to the forum, I remember everyone reassuring me that the seller was top-notch. Couldn't have been more true, as I was very pleased with the transaction. Glad your still in business!

Ken

Old 01-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

Posted By: Max Weder

I would never admit in public that I thought Will's name was "Sandie go will". Which of course I did. Oops. My friend had quite a chuckle at my expense when I mentioned that to him.

Max

Old 01-06-2009, 02:43 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

Posted By: J Levine

I too have had many dealing with Will over the past few years. Always quick, easy, and great items. Good luck Will.

Joshua

Old 01-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

Posted By: barry arnold

all my transactions with Will have been top drawer.
all the best in your venture,

barry

Old 01-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

Posted By: scgaynor

"Our business model is similar to the Scott Gaynor model, that is up until his groundbreaking announcement"

Nice, I like having my own model, can I start a Wikipedia entry for that?

I met Will for the first time at the National a few months ago and it is amazing how similar our paths have been in this business. He is a great guy and I am sure that we would hang out and be great friends, if only he didn't live on the opposite side of the United States from me.

Scott

Old 01-06-2009, 03:44 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

Posted By: boxingcardman

Still have all those gloves on your wall? happy.gif

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Old 01-06-2009, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

You know, Scott Gaynor really disappointed me at the National this year. We had never met prior to that though, of course, I knew well who he was as one of, if not the, most major competitors in my field. Boy, I gotta tell you but did I ever feel jipped when he turned out to be one of the greatest guys I've met in the hobby. I mean, come on. All these years I had figured I'd hate the guy and then he goes and turns out to be reputable, funny, competent, knowlegable - a pleasure to be around. Damn you, Scott.

All in fun, of course. Best wishes with the new venture. Here in antique-scarce Southern California I can only dream of the kind of cool stuff you'll be running in your auctions. In fact, I think I'll dream about it on the first tee tomorrow morning at Torrey Pines. (just kidding - I'm playing at Riverwalk)

Old 01-06-2009, 04:06 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

Posted By: DJR

Are you aware invoices sent from West@yahoo.com when replied to bounce back as undeliverable?

Old 01-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

What do you mean?

Old 01-06-2009, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

I've been prepping some PSA-graded cards that I got back today for posting tonight on Ebay. Just got to the fun part and realized I had an interesting card in here. N172 Joe Quinn Boston variation and it's graded a 5 MK (insignificant pencil on the back). Only the second graded and the other is a 1.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.
:
66.196.82.7 failed after I sent the message.
Remote host said: 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account (west@yahoo.com) [-5] - mta136.mail.re1.yahoo.com

Old 01-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

My email address is will@westcoastmemorabilia.com and the company is auction@westcoastmemorabilia.com

Old 01-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

I find it odd you are still sending invoices as recently as 1/5/2009 from "West@yahoo.com" !

Old 01-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

Who uses Yahoo? Wrong guy. Let's get back to that cool Old Judge card. Or do I need an exclamation mark with that?

Old 01-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

You are using Yahoo for the from email address acknowledged by your employee I called on the phone.

One would think this information would interest you versus ignoring but but whatever you look foolish!

If you would like me to forward the invoice to you, I would be happy to send it so you make the change.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

Posted By: Robert Klevens

I won a few lots from Will recently and the email address it was sent from was auction@westcoastmemorabilia.com

Old 01-06-2009, 04:54 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

Interesting Robert, It looks like multiple addresses are being utilized. Not sure why or what is going on but spent enough time on this issue. The end!

Old 01-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

Go ahead, send it along. My email address is right there above. Certainly would like to find out about the invoice from a non-existant email address acknowledged over the phone.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:43 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

Every time, my winning bid invoices are from that Yahoo email address.

Entire email invoice forwarded.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:59 PM
Administrator

Default Sandiegowill

Posted By: Butch & Co.

Just another post to say we've always been hugely satisfied with our eBay purchases from sandiegowill -- cool stuff, good prices, swift and professionally prepared shipping -- and we're glad to learn of the new eBay handle. Only complaint: no eBay feedback after purchases!

Glad also to read that others midread the old ID as "Sandie-Go-Will." Took months before one of us here recognized the true pronunciation, and we've always been embarrassed to think we were the only ones misreading it!

Baseball Games
http://baseballgames.dreamhosters.com/