NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-01-2004, 11:31 PM
Administrator

Default eBay owns PayPal now, so I guess this shouldn't surprise me

Posted By: TBob 

If you are a buyer on eBay and you use PayPal, you should know that if an empty package arrives at your doorstep, you are S.O.L. as long as there is a delivery confirmation slip on it. PayPal's new policy is they could care less about the quality of the item or even whether or not the frigging thing is the right item or worse yet, even if it is not in the stinking package. PayPal now will not pursue any complaint filed unless the recipient, i.e. buyer, never got the package in the first place. So, the bottom line is always use delivery confirmations if you are a seller and you are home free, even if you forget to mail the darn item inside!
Pretty damn pathetic if you ask me...

Old 03-01-2004, 11:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

And how much longer do you think they will require sellers to have DC on their packages. I am sure that a few complaints from PowerSellers will put an end tot aht real fast. God forbid they actually make their PowerSellers responsible for anything. Or take responsibility for what happens on eBay.

I can't imagine the courts letting eBay get away with their claims that they are just letting people use web space to sell their items for much longer. They have too many rules set up governing transactions and offer benefits i.e. medical, dental, etc, to PowerSellers. They certainly are not set up like someone that is just a webhost and certainly don't act like a disinterested 3rd party.

Jay

Old 03-02-2004, 06:23 AM
Administrator

Posted By: petecld

After reading your post Bob to me the bottom line is stop using Paypal.

Old 03-02-2004, 07:32 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dan

Bob, this is not new policy, this has been paypal policy all along. I received a reprint non-sport card for $800, paypal said sorry, you can buy a car and if the seller sends a brick in a box, it is not fraud. Only if the box was never sent. Thank god I used my CC, I cancelled the paypal payment through there. Paypal wrote me screaming that I should use their fraud system, I brutalized them in an email and that was the end of it.

Old 03-02-2004, 07:52 AM
Administrator

Posted By: john(z28jd)

I used paypal once and it was the only payment i could use at the time so i had no choice,but i would only use it now if i knew the seller well.

I think the only thing that keeps people from taking advantage of it is the feedback ratings on ebay.No one wants a feedback that says.Beware,paid $200 for a card and got a handful of pebbles in a box

Old 03-02-2004, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: TBob

the truth is that a lot of bidders don't have the ready cash to pay for eBay items and must resort to credit cards. Rather than go through the hassle of accepting credit card payments (being a collector and small time seller), it is easier to use PayPal for credit card users. Very rarely do I sell a card for more than $100 where the buyer sends a money order or check, usually it is a credit card transaction. I have learned one thing though, I will continue to keep my PayPal balance low so that my larger purchases through them will be credit card transactions and I can do as Dan suggested and cancel the credit card payment if I get shtooped.

Old 03-02-2004, 01:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dan

One heads up though, Use Mastercard, they will protect you from internet fraud. Do NOT use Discover, they allowed me to be ripped off and would not reverse the charge.

In response to the post above Bob's, Nobody wants bad feedback? I don't think anyone cares that much about feedback, ebay's feedback is a huge JOKE. A thief will take a red mark if it will net him free money, look at kingcollectibles trash rating. Dan.