NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-11-2009, 07:52 AM
Administrator

Default Old Judge Book Errata

Posted By: Jay

In a book of this size and detail there will undoubtedly be things we missed. I would like to use this thread so readers could share any errors that they find so corrections can be made. I have noticed one already (also pointed out by Dan). The image for Doran pose 131-1 is incorrect. Somehow between drafts we went from right to wrong and we missed this in the last round of proofing. If anyone wants the corrected image (everyone should) please email me at oldjudge@gmail.com and I will send a scan. If you print it out on a color printer and cut it out it can be glued (glue stick) directly over the other image and you will be good to go.
Also, if when going through your collections, you find a pose that is not listed (or one that is listed but not pictured) please email me a scan so that our information can be updated. As new information comes in I am hopeful that it can periodically be disseminated to those interested.
Enjoy the book! We enjoyed writing it.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Please send me one and thanks again for your diligence in the matter.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mr. Moses

in the future when paper has all but disappeared - surviving only in the hands of collectors - I can hear the cries of dispair when an old book once slabbed by the now defunct grading companies is found to have been altered - therefore really being a "known to exist 0.7" instead of the a100.66 it was labled. Oh well. It was just 200 billion bama bucks anyway.....

Old 01-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike

I thought the N173's would have had at least a checklist listed in the book, maybe in the appendix listing the pose.

One error - Gilligan page 246 does not exist( to my knowledge) as a N172 (189-1) but it is listed as such. I was informed it does exist as a N173 in this pose, therefore it should not be listed in the N172 set.

Thanks for the time and effort it took for this book, a few errors are always going to be made in the production process.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay

Mike--The team designations next to the poses are for all Goodwin & Co. photographic cards (N172s, N173s and N175s). Therefore, this is not an error. Enjoy the book!