NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 01-05-2021, 05:07 AM
Dan Paradis

Default MLB Auctions - Jeter Auto/help with return

I've been trying now for almost a month to get a response back from MLB Actions regarding the Jeter autographed baseball I received. See the photo's and the ink bleed which was there on the first day I received the ball.

I just opened a Paypal dispute. Do anyone of you have any other ideas as to how I should proceed?

It's crazy they could even send a ball that looks like this and try and get away with the sale. I would never purchase from them again. Their customer service is non-existent.

Thanks for your help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2021-01-05_7-00-10a.jpg (70.7 KB, 174 views)
Old 01-05-2021, 06:25 AM
Fra.nk Rein.stein

Ugh, did you use a Credit Card through Paypal? If so, I would go through your Credit Card Company.
Old 01-05-2021, 07:32 AM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

For the $799 I'd be very disappointed and request either a new baseball or a refund. If they don't respond then I'd open up a dispute with my credit card company. MLB should know better !
PS you probably can find a Derek Jeter autographed baseball w/ an inscription (if that's your desire ) from a reputable AH if you're patient for less money.
Unfortunately this disclaimer at the bottom of the page listing your item ( I looked it up on the MLB Auction website ) may be a problem :

Conditions of Sale
Items are sold in "as-is" condition. Due to the unique nature of each item, all sales are final. It is up to the discretion of MLB.com whether or not a return request will be accepted. In rare cases of shipping damages, please contact MLB.com Customer Service within 48 hours of delivery for return instructions.

Good Luck !

Last edited by Klrdds; 01-05-2021 at 07:57 AM.
Old 01-05-2021, 08:07 AM
Dan Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdmb View Post
Ugh, did you use a Credit Card through Paypal? If so, I would go through your Credit Card Company.
I opened a dispute with PayPal and MLB Auctions emailed within an hour. It sounds like they will take care of it. Thanks!
Old 01-05-2021, 01:04 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanP View Post
I opened a dispute with PayPal and MLB Auctions emailed within an hour. It sounds like they will take care of it. Thanks!
Glad this got resolved for you.

I have purchased with Cincinnati Auctions three times now. This year the communication is worse than 2019, and I imagine that is due to downsizing departments. I sent an email to Cincinnati Auctions with no response maybe in November. In 2019, I wanted photo evidence of the game used item I purchased, and I got it lickety split. They sent a picture from the team photographer. Overall, though, I've enjoyed working with them.
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 01-06-2021, 12:10 PM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Its amazing how quickly a PayPal dispute gets a sellers attention.
Old 01-07-2021, 06:58 AM
Al

Hope it works out for you.. Funny here might be a little more ammunition as the photo above doesnt match the autograph below. You could argue they used the bait and switch method. Same photo different item sent..... As far as I remember ebay tells you to use only 1 photo (actual) on the items being sold...

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..
Old 01-07-2021, 07:18 AM

Glad it worked out. Seems to be no rhyme or reason re: why one particular ball doesn't take to ink. I wish there was a way to spot a flaw in the leather or something before using the ball.
Old 01-07-2021, 07:21 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsballsbases View Post
You could argue they used the bait and switch method. Same photo different item sent
Agreed. Its clearly not the same ball.