NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 09-28-2020, 09:36 PM

Default Looking For Some ID Help

I recently picked up a nice memorabilia collection that included these two pins. Hoping someone could help with the age and approximate value. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cards Mizzou Pins.jpg (77.2 KB, 590 views)
File Type: jpg Cards Mizzou Pin Backs.jpg (78.1 KB, 592 views)
Old 09-28-2020, 10:16 PM

The Cardinals pin sold for $86.00 on ebay recently:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-amp-Vi...p2047675.l2557

The Missouri pin is for sale on ebay for $12.50:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-195...MAAOSwem9ebXjA
Old 09-28-2020, 10:16 PM

Sorry,double post.

Last edited by edtiques; 09-28-2020 at 10:18 PM.
Old 09-28-2020, 10:18 PM
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorsince62 View Post
I recently picked up a nice memorabilia collection that included these two pins. Hoping someone could help with the age and approximate value. Thanks.
Your Missouri football pin is common ,yours looks to be in nice shape range 8-15 dollars. Your cardinals pin also looks in nice shape I believe its 2 1/8 size saint louis button company on the back, more collectible with a range of 40 -70 dollars. Hope that helps...

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..
Old 09-29-2020, 03:13 AM

Default Austin Ju Ju Drum in pinback

Can anyone ID this pin?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Austin Pin unk..jpg (71.5 KB, 581 views)
File Type: jpg Austin pin unk rev.jpg (68.7 KB, 589 views)

PreWar NYAL cards, photos, etc.
WantList: Mendelsohns Marsans; Rose 760PC Niles; Koester Mitchell; Koester Ferguson;1924 Diaz Roettger
Successful deals with 60+ board members
Old 09-29-2020, 04:42 AM

I doubt the Austin pin was issued that way -- someone probably made it on their own at home.
It has a cool look to it.

Greg
Old 09-29-2020, 06:10 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhey24 View Post
I doubt the Austin pin was issued that way -- someone probably made it on their own at home.

Greg
Very strange looking.....you would normally think someone wold paste another image on top of a pin....this one looks as if someone cut through the cello and put the image behind the hole. I also noticed the Union stamp is relatively large.
Old 09-29-2020, 07:21 AM
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhey24 View Post

Greg
Agreed looks like someone cut out that image and glued it to the front of a pin.. If you look at the image its creased and is missing paper that wouldnt really happen on a cello button IMO...

Rob I dont think they cut the cello( extremely hard to do) I think they glued it on the front I believe the plastic cello look is coming from the plastic of the coin holder.....

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Last edited by batsballsbases; 09-29-2020 at 07:26 AM. Reason: added more
Old 09-29-2020, 02:14 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsballsbases View Post

Rob I dont think they cut the cello( extremely hard to do) I think they glued it on the front I believe the plastic cello look is coming from the plastic of the coin holder.....
But doesn’t the brown part look to be on top of the image, especially at about one o’clock?
Old 09-29-2020, 05:09 PM
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
But doesn’t the brown part look to be on top of the image, especially at about one o’clock?
Actually it does... But in any event its home made isnt really worth spit.... IMHO

Old 10-15-2020, 12:07 AM

Hoping someone can help with this...

I posted about it a while ago in a dedicated thread but didn't get many opinions and hadn't aquired the pin just yet. This is a pinback that celebrates the 1937 University of Colorado football team that played in the 2nd annual Cotton Bowl on New Year's Day, 1938.

I am certain that the pin is authentic based on the manufacturer, Colorado Badge and Novelty Co., as well as the fact that Colorado was not even victorious in the Cotton Bowl, losing to the Rice Owls by a score of 28-14. However, I am curious as to how scarce early bowl pins would be? There were only five bowl games that teams could participate in during the 1937-38 college football season and playing in one and accepting an invitation was a great accomplishment for any school of the day.

In regards to the actual pin, I have seen only one other similar pin, commemorating CU Band Day in 1940. This was also produced by the Colorado Badge and Novelty Co.

My goal is to collect a pin from every bowl game CU has played in up to the present day (2016 Alamo Bowl.) I figure the '38 Cotton Bowl would be the toughest to find with the second toughest being the 1957 Orange Bowl.

Any and all information or opinions on this pin welcome! Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l500.jpg (53.6 KB, 496 views)
File Type: jpg s-l1600-1.jpg (56.6 KB, 495 views)
File Type: jpg s-l1600 9.14.08 PM.jpg (66.1 KB, 501 views)
File Type: jpg unnamed.jpg (80.0 KB, 497 views)
Old 10-15-2020, 06:21 AM
Rob

Great pin, Jake. My semi-educated guess would be it has to be pretty rare. After all, it’s 80+ years old.

My question is, what does SUTAK mean????
Old 11-01-2020, 07:19 PM
Mike Kendall

The final price on this one surprised me a little.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9264D82F-63D7-4101-BA55-9D6665732322.jpg (20.5 KB, 460 views)
Baseball's appeal isn't complicated or confusing. It's about the beauty of the game; it's about heroes and family and friends; it's about being part of something larger than yourself, about tradition---receiving it and passing it; and it's about holding on to a bit of your childhood.

Tom Stanton from The Road to Cooperstown
Old 11-01-2020, 07:22 PM
Mike Kendall

Here’s another:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9F8CEB6D-F27A-4483-8760-7BDB1C2107B2.jpg (13.7 KB, 449 views)
Baseball's appeal isn't complicated or confusing. It's about the beauty of the game; it's about heroes and family and friends; it's about being part of something larger than yourself, about tradition---receiving it and passing it; and it's about holding on to a bit of your childhood.

Old 11-01-2020, 08:38 PM
Chris Counts

It seems like every pin I don't have is worth $500. That last Hakes auction was the final straw for me. Seeing all those pins go straight to eBay for even higher prices took away all the fire I had for chasing after them. I'm going back to collecting something that's fun ... like anything else.

I'm curious, though, it seems like there's about 50 PM10 player pins that are really easy to find, and at least 100 others that are completely impossible to find. Why is this? I'm wondering if the common pins were the ones sold at stadiums, mostly in northeastern cities, and the rare ones are salesman's samples that rarely were sold to the public, mostly in the midwestern cities. There are few common pins from midwestern cities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK View Post
Here’s another:
Old 11-01-2020, 09:27 PM
Mike Kendall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Counts View Post
It seems like every pin I don't have is worth $500. That last Hakes auction was the final straw for me. Seeing all those pins go straight to eBay for even higher prices took away all the fire I had for chasing after them. I'm going back to collecting something that's fun ... like anything else.

I'm curious, though, it seems like there's about 50 PM10 player pins that are really easy to find, and at least 100 others that are completely impossible to find. Why is this? I'm wondering if the common pins were the ones sold at stadiums, mostly in northeastern cities, and the rare ones are salesman's samples that rarely were sold to the public, mostly in the midwestern cities. There are few common pins from midwestern cities.
You’re right some pins being very hard to find. For instance, the Cleveland Indian PM10 pins like the Mitchell above are very hard to find. They were definitely sold by vendors in Cleveland as I have a photo showing them on a board outside the stadium. I guess they just didn’t make as many of them.

Old 11-02-2020, 02:14 PM
Rob

Quote:
You’re right some pins being very hard to find. For instance, the Cleveland Indian PM10 pins like the Mitchell above are very hard to find. They were definitely sold by vendors in Cleveland as I have a photo showing them on a board outside the stadium. I guess they just didn’t make as many of them.
The only 1.75" SF Giants pin I cannot find is Billy Pierce. I think I've seen it once on ebay. Sure, the vendors sold more Mays, McCovey, Marichal, etc. but you would think at 50 cents per pin, a lot of kids would have pestered their parents to complete the whole set.
Old 11-02-2020, 02:53 PM
Mike Kendall

Quote:
The only 1.75" SF Giants pin I cannot find is Billy Pierce. I think I've seen it once on ebay. Sure, the vendors sold more Mays, McCovey, Marichal, etc. but you would think at 50 cents per pin, a lot of kids would have pestered their parents to complete the whole set.
You can say the same thing about several player pins including these two. If it wasn’t short supply, why do you think they are impossible to find today?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F80B45BC-2605-4E5B-AB81-089463E5BCB0.jpg (20.5 KB, 420 views)

Old 11-02-2020, 05:07 PM
Rob

Quote:
I'm not sure I agree with the "business model" of the guy who scooped so many pins in the last Hake's auction. If someone (like me) bid a pin up to $250, what makes the winner think I will now pay double that? I'm pretty sure he has a lot of inventory left of his winnings...
Old 11-02-2020, 06:34 PM
Mike Kendall

Quote:
I'm not sure I agree with the "business model" of the guy who scooped so many pins in the last Hake's auction. If someone (like me) bid a pin up to $250, what makes the winner think I will now pay double that? I'm pretty sure he has a lot of inventory left of his winnings...
He’s done this with every single auction of Paul’s collection. Maybe he’s content with having them in his collection but would sell if someone is willing to really pay up.

Old 11-02-2020, 06:41 PM
Chris Counts

I'm just glad I haven't run into someone like him in other realms of baseball collectibles, where I can still fund stuff at reasonable prices (cards, programs, caps, signed balls, etc.). I might have busted my piggy bank for a couple pins in the last Hake's auction, but there's no way I'll pay what he's asking now. So his business model just chased away one of his customers.
Old 11-02-2020, 07:00 PM
Chris Counts

I believe they are scarce due to short supply, but I doubt the rare ones were sold at stadiums. If they were, why are all the rare ones I see in great shape, and you can find rusty common pins all day? Again, I suspect they were salesman samples. For the same reason, you can find McAuliffe and KM Pro caps from the 50s through the mid-70s for just about every team — often in great shape — but many teams didn't wear them. My guess is that some east coast company produced the common pins, and never got too far in expanding into the "western" MLB cities of the 1950s, like Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Milwaukee and St. Louis. Those cities are heavily represented among the rare pins.

I have no idea who made pins in the 1950s, but a couple of mine have a very small logo that identically matches ones that are on the common stadium pennants from the same era.

In various baseball card sets, the sudden presence of sharp-corned rare cards generally heralds a discovery of some kind. I would not be surprised if some hordes of rare pins appear in the future, like the rare Dormand post cards of Gil Hodges did a few years ago — or those beautiful but cheap Carl Hubbell pins you see all over eBay.

Quote:
You can say the same thing about several player pins including these two. If it wasn’t short supply, why do you think they are impossible to find today?
Old 11-02-2020, 07:19 PM
Rob

Quote:

I have no idea who made pins in the 1950s, but a couple of mine have a very small logo that identically matches ones that are on the common stadium pennants from the same era.
The logo under the "ts" in Giants?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018-10-03 03.46.44.jpg (79.2 KB, 417 views)
Old 11-02-2020, 10:39 PM
Al

Quote:
He’s done this with every single auction of Paul’s collection. Maybe he’s content with having them in his collection but would sell if someone is willing to really pay up.
Mike,
His business model has always been to try and double his money.BUT with the 20% premium and his very high prices on his relisted pins he will be sitting with them for a very long time... I was under bidder on 4-5 of those pins he has now. I will not bring myself to pay those prices on them that he put on them.. I won 3 items last time around and I cant believe he will be that stupid to do it again this time.... As we know pin collectors are a small group and dont have unlimited funds.... He also drives up every single pin that comes up on ebay.....Time to send the message that we wont buy your pins at that level... Good luck with sales!

Old 11-03-2020, 12:31 PM
Chris Counts

Yes Rob, that's the logo.
Old 11-03-2020, 02:16 PM
Mike Kendall

That logo is for Sportservice Corporation a concession business.

Old 11-03-2020, 02:20 PM
Mike Kendall

Quote:
Mike,
His business model has always been to try and double his money.BUT with the 20% premium and his very high prices on his relisted pins he will be sitting with them for a very long time... I was under bidder on 4-5 of those pins he has now. I will not bring myself to pay those prices on them that he put on them.. I won 3 items last time around and I cant believe he will be that stupid to do it again this time.... As we know pin collectors are a small group and dont have unlimited funds.... He also drives up every single pin that comes up on ebay.....Time to send the message that we wont buy your pins at that level... Good luck with sales!
Al,
I thought the idea was to buy low and sell high. Buying high and selling very high doesn’t sound very profitable. I was also outbid on several pins and have no desire to go even higher now.

Old 11-03-2020, 04:13 PM
Al

Quote:
Al,
I thought the idea was to buy low and sell high. Buying high and selling very high doesn’t sound very profitable. I was also outbid on several pins and have no desire to go even higher now.
Mike that is the general idea but in his case his business model has always been to double up... it will be very unlikely it will happen with these pins that he bought. He has now tied up alot of funds on these pins and will be sitting on them for a long time. My feeling on some of them he will be taking a loss at some point because prices are way to high. He has to start to understand there is a point when you have to stop pushing the button on auctions... with a 20 % mark up and way to high prices you need to change your business model. But hay what do I know Im just a retired multiple business owner who had alot of success !

Old 11-03-2020, 06:27 PM
Rob

Quote:
Mike that is the general idea but in his case his business model has always been to double up... it will be very unlikely it will happen with these pins that he bought. He has now tied up alot of funds on these pins and will be sitting on them for a long time. My feeling on some of them he will be taking a loss at some point because prices are way to high. He has to start to understand there is a point when you have to stop pushing the button on auctions... with a 20 % mark up and way to high prices you need to change your business model. But hay what do I know Im just a retired multiple business owner who had alot of success !
I believe he has a Marichal Pm-10 (Hake’s win) up for $195.....while other sellers have it for $39.95.
Old 11-13-2020, 04:34 PM
Rob

OMG! Someone paid $331 for the very, very, very common Carl Hubbell PM-10.
Old 11-13-2020, 05:17 PM

Default Hake

Hi Rob,

You and I had the same exact reaction about the same exact pin. Amazing. There are 8 on ebay right now all between $17 and $40.
Did you go after Ruben Gomez?

Last edited by andypcl; 11-13-2020 at 05:20 PM.
Old 11-13-2020, 06:03 PM
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by andypcl View Post
Hi Rob,

You and I had the same exact reaction about the same exact pin. Amazing. There are 8 on ebay right now all between $17 and $40.
Hi Andy,
Since we are talking pins someone won this Jackie pin that sells on the bay for 80-150 all the time, with the buyers premium sold for $864.00! Some prices I just cant understand!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JACKIE.jpg (13.3 KB, 523 views)

Old 11-13-2020, 06:31 PM

Default Jackie

Yes! That Jackie and the Hubbell are the 2 that really stood out. There are a bunch of others in the same category but I won't drone on. Makes me want to get in line after Paul's collection but it may be a long time and I'm not ready to sell anyway. Just FYI, I'll direct message you my new contact info (a few life changes to say the least). Hope you've been well...
-Andy
Old 11-13-2020, 08:03 PM
Al

Quote:
Yes! That Jackie and the Hubbell are the 2 that really stood out. There are a bunch of others in the same category but I won't drone on. Makes me want to get in line after Paul's collection but it may be a long time and I'm not ready to sell anyway. Just FYI, I'll direct message you my new contact info (a few life changes to say the least). Hope you've been well...
-Andy
You got it Andy! I hope the changes were good changes my friend! Al

Old 11-14-2020, 04:40 PM
Rob

Quote:
Hi Rob,

I kind of went after the Gomez, but not hard. I was hoping the usual guy would win it and the Antonelli at decent prices so that when he doubled the prices on ebay I would still be willing to pay.
Old 11-22-2020, 10:52 AM

Default Pinbacks...

Hello,

I Just wanted to post a heads-up that at noon (pacific time) today, I'll be posting a group of Minor League pinbacks over on the BST. There's a few better ones and a few more common. Thanks!

-Andy
Old 11-22-2020, 05:44 PM
Ryan

Default All Star Pins

Hi guys, not a pin guy but I buy up all star buttons and pins if I see them for an affordable price to go with my all star programs and pennants. I came across these two lately and I was wondering if anyone knew of a date on these? I've seen similar pins for the Washington one dated for 1937 and something similar to the other one that was dated 1946 but no concrete evidence either way. Also, not knowing much about vintage pins, would pins like this have been reproduced at all? I was a little leery of the second pin because of the smeared ink on it, but figured I would take a chance on it. Didn't know if there should be things to look out for there?

Final question, I understand that Paul Muchinsky's book is the go to resource for these. I saw the post a couple of years ago on here about emailing his website to get one. Is that still the best way? If anyone has one they would be willing to let go, I may be interested. Don't see myself becoming a big player in the market, but I like having those kinds of resources.

Thanks for your time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Washington.jpg (74.6 KB, 454 views)
File Type: jpg Washington (2).jpg (75.1 KB, 453 views)
File Type: jpg All Star.jpg (75.6 KB, 445 views)
File Type: jpg All Star (2).jpg (77.9 KB, 446 views)
Old 11-22-2020, 06:16 PM
Mike Kendall

I’ve always believed the first one to be 1956. But it could be 1962. The second one is difficult to determine and could have been issued over several years until the supply was depleted. Just guesses, no proof.

Old 11-22-2020, 06:44 PM

For quite a while, the first one was assumed by many collectors to be from 1956, but pretty sure forum member Hank Thomas was able to date it to 1937. As for the Muchinsky book, the author has passed and I don't know if the site is still operational for sales. It's a fantastic resource with so many great photos but I think the valuations listed in the back are higher than many actually sell for today.
Old 11-23-2020, 08:47 AM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rschisler View Post
Hi guys, not a pin guy but I buy up all star buttons and pins if I see them for an affordable price to go with my all star programs and pennants. I came across these two lately and I was wondering if anyone knew of a date on these? I've seen similar pins for the Washington one dated for 1937 and something similar to the other one that was dated 1946 but no concrete evidence either way. Also, not knowing much about vintage pins, would pins like this have been reproduced at all? I was a little leery of the second pin because of the smeared ink on it, but figured I would take a chance on it. Didn't know if there should be things to look out for there?
For years, it was assumed by Washington and other collectors that your D.C. All-Star Game pin was from the 1956 or 1962 games, both by the look of it and the fact that nobody knew about any others issued for those games. But about 20 years ago, I came across a picture of this Boy Scout Jamboree pin and knew instantly that the D.C. pin was also from 1937. There is another version that omits the D.C. location that I believe was made to accompany the attached ribbon, pictured below along with a different pin from that game that was also intended to have the ribbon attached. Does anyone know of another all-star game pin that comes with a similar ribbon? There is a very rare 1962 D.C. All-Star Game pin, pictured in the group of D.C. pins below, but none for the 1956 game that I know of.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1937 All Star game pinback.jpg (12.6 KB, 430 views)
File Type: jpg 1937 All-Star Game (800x600).jpg (58.7 KB, 442 views)
File Type: jpg 1937 All-Star Pin (800x600).jpg (59.4 KB, 430 views)
File Type: jpg Washington Pins (800x600).jpg (74.4 KB, 438 views)
Old 11-23-2020, 09:25 AM
Mike Kendall

Hank,
That is very good evidence that the pin is from 1937. Seems hard to believe there were 3 different pins made for that one game, but maybe so.

Old 11-23-2020, 09:37 AM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Hank,
That is very good evidence that the pin is from 1937. Seems hard to believe there were 3 different pins made for that one game, but maybe so.
There actually were four, including the one in the large group to the left of center with a plastic batter hanging down. Another strange pin fact connected with that game is that the media pin is so incredibly rare, with only a couple examples known to me over the years. In Washington, with all its press, and FDR attending, you'd think there would have been tons of media there, so how can only a handful have survived? Likewise with the 1962 pin, which I think I've seen exactly one in all these years collecting and dealing in Washington stuff--how can something like that get produced and sold and none of them have surfaced? Maybe it's a prototype that never got made in quantity. Who knows? But these kinds of mysteries sure can make collecting more interesting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1937 All Star press pin.jpg (8.7 KB, 432 views)

Last edited by Hankphenom; 11-23-2020 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:17 PM
Ryan

Thanks for the information guys, and especially to Hank with your expertise on the Washington pin. That helps a great deal and excited it’s from the earlier game!
Old 11-23-2020, 08:14 PM
Val Kehl

Hank, could the scarcity of 1962 AS Game press pins possibly be attributed to most members of the press preferring a tie bar to a pin? (Shameless plug - I have the tie bar pictured below currently for sale on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/35318823566...84.m1555.l2649)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1962 AS Game press tie bar or clasp - 1 of 5.jpg (47.9 KB, 404 views)
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.
Old 11-24-2020, 10:55 AM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValKehl View Post
Hank, could the scarcity of 1962 AS Game press pins possibly be attributed to most members of the press preferring a tie bar to a pin? (Shameless plug - I have the tie bar pictured below currently for sale on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/35318823566...84.m1555.l2649)
It's the 1937 All-Star press pin that is so very rare, Val, as well as the 1962 All-Star button you can see in my group of Washington pins. As for the relative availability of press pins in general, I would guess that the tie bars are a little harder to find than the pins themselves. I've always liked the tie bars myself because they really make the pin part stand out and there is more to them, but in terms of collector appeal, they do seem to lag behind the pins to some degree. Good luck with yours!
Old 01-01-2021, 08:54 AM
Marc

Big and bigger... found at a local antique mall, of all places.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Astros buttons.jpg (76.1 KB, 324 views)
Old 01-09-2021, 11:03 AM
Rob

Very happy to pick up these two 1.5" pins in the bottom row. I had the top two....it's interesting that 333 Geary and Powell & Geary are basically right next door to each other. For some reason, I always assumed Milton F. Kreis was an attorney. The name sounded lawyeresque to me. I have since learned that Milton F. Kreis was kind of a drug store/restaurant. Besides SF, they were also in LA, Palm Springs and.........Dayton, Ohio . Bustles and Beaus was an adjacent "retro burlesque" club which was open from 1960 until 1966. I had seen the "Go Furter" pin before but it just recently occurred to me that this is fractured German for "Go Further with (new Giants manager Herman) Franks." I guess we can assume Millton Kreis was German.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2021-01-09 01.58.58.jpg (74.9 KB, 282 views)
Old 01-09-2021, 12:18 PM

Default Giants...

Hey Rob, nice pickups. Here's my three...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg welcome1.jpg (65.3 KB, 272 views)
Old 01-09-2021, 03:12 PM
Rob

Quote:
Hey Rob, nice pickups. Here's my three...
I have the identical Montclair and also a Vanessi's in black on orange.

Since I now have a Kreis pin from 1958, 1963 and 1965 do you know if there are pins of the "missing" years?
Old 01-09-2021, 03:45 PM

Default Giants...

Not that I have seen. There's another "welcome" pin that just says Carpet and Floor Styles - 1899 Mission. That's the only other one that I know of.