NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-09-2007, 05:51 PM
Administrator

Default ...a little o/t but board member related ?

Posted By: anthony

leon, this is a test i want to run...i hope you dont mind. i just thought i'd share the disgusting stereotyping that goes on in america, i dont know how many board members this affects but i dont like it...

One afternoon a lawyer was riding in his limousine when he saw two men along the roadside eating grass. Disturbed, he ordered his driver to stop and he got out to investigate.

He asked one man, "Why are you eating grass?"

"We don't have any money for food," the poor man replied. We have to eat grass."

"Well, then, you can come with me to my house and I'll feed you," the
lawyer said.

"But sir, I have a wife and two children with me. They are over
there, under that tree."

"Bring them along," the lawyer replied. Turning to the other poor man he stated, "You come with us, also."

The second man, in a pitiful voice, then said, "But sir, I also have a wife
and SIX children with me!"

"Bring them all, as well," the lawyer answered.

They all entered the car, which was no easy task, even for a car as
large as the limousine was.

Once underway, one of the poor fellows turned to the lawyer and said, "Sir, you are too kind. Thank you for taking all of us with you."

The lawyer replied, "Glad to do it. You'll really love my place. The grass
is almost a foot high."

Old 05-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

...and I giggled. But I still haven't answered Matt Damon's question in Grisham's the Rainmaker, where he said, "Why do lawyers like lawyer jokes?" And, we're supposed to feel bad for liking them.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave F

I'm a estimator/project manager...but never the less..a construction worker. I do think Paul would offer me his grass.

Old 05-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve Murray

...and I giggled too.

Old 05-10-2007, 07:00 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill Stone

I had hoped this would have been locked by Leon before there were any responses --homeless and hungry unfortunately is the pain of many Americans today. I can't "giggle" at this joke --it is heartless. Folks in Eastern Kentucky survive at times on the equivalent of grasses--I was a social worker there and saw it with my own eyes ---so please forgive me for not having a sense of humor about this issue--I thought we were going to try to keep on track --this is sad.

Old 05-10-2007, 07:07 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Marty Ogelvie

I don't think Anthony meant to offend poor people.  I think he meant to offend Lawyers, or at least poke fun at 'em.  Even poor people deserve to laugh once in a while.

martyOgelvie
nyyankeecards.com

Old 05-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: anthony

bill, i'm not a social worker but deal with homeless people pretty much everyday...and when they are in my jail i make sure they have their clothes washed or replaced, plenty of food (no grass) in their stomachs, and all but force them to shower and clean up. i dont disrespect the people that come to my jail, its already a bummer that they are there for whatever reason...you obviously missed the joke. here's a question for you.... do you know how many lawyers are board members???

marty, yes i was poking fun at the lawyers because unfortunately they are stereo-typed into being the scum of the earth, and i dont disrespect them either when they come to visit their scumbag client who just beat up an 82 year old man because he bumped into them with their shopping cart. i have to take the bad with the good.

Old 05-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Gilbert Maines

Old people and their shopping carts ... at least lawyers look before they back up.

Old 05-10-2007, 05:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I "think" I have a perspective on homelessness. I interact with them occasionally...I thought the joke was funny....I think they would too....I took it for what it was and didn't put it into a different context than it was intended...best regards and peace....

edited to not sound like a braggart (for once)...