NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-24-2015, 10:53 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Some board operational functions in our community

I am fairly sure there are quite a few things many of our members are unaware of, in the way of operations and functionality of the board. Heck, there are some things I am sure I don't know too. But that being said I always chuckle when I see a member post they are on the 5th page of a thread after around 40 posts in it. ALL members should have their settings set to 80 posts per thread per page. You will have far less clicks going on. It will make your viewing much easier and more pleasurable. It is done through your USER CONTROL PANEL

USER CP
http://www.net54baseball.com/usercp.php

Also, there is a Community tab in the dark blue line across each page. When clicked on a pull down menu leads to photo albums from members (there are a lot of them and they change daily) along with member IDs with contact info and statistics.

Community
http://www.net54baseball.com/album.php

Also, under each of the Shop Pre-War Auctions subtitles, on the upper part of each page, the tabs will take you to ebay auctions with those items in the search. Here are a few categories with a few parameters to weed out some listings.

Shop Pre-War Auctions
Pre-1942 Baseball Cards
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...213&rmvSB=true

Vintage Memorabilia
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...R40&rmvSB=true

I/we are always interested in feedback and so forth concerning operational stuff. Most things are fairly tried and true but the only constant in life is change.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:53 PM
David Sims

Leon,

Is there a "sticky" any where with a list of resources? IMHO if you list registries, auction houses, and places where you can find check lists of different sets, that would greatly enhance the users of this forum. Allowing users to post, then the forum "manager" of where the sticky is placed update the sticky weekly or so if needed. I'm sure there are other great ideas to be added.

David