NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Sean Brennan

Default Looking for managers for 1904 season sym baseball

I am currently the commissioner of a sym Baseball league on www.pennantchase.com. The site is a free site with hundreds of different leagues throughout the history of baseball and its the best sym site Ive ever played. Here is a bit about my league:

Our league is called "The original 16". We started in 1901 and had a draft to pick the rookies from 1901. We then have a supplemental draft of 19th century players to pad out the roster. Your rookie draftees and actual 1904 players you keep until they really retired or you trade them away. The 19th century stars you lose after the season. All you have to do is draft your players, set your lineups, and then the sym does everything else. Its VERY easy. I manage the Cubs and was lucky enough to have Frank chance and Johnny Kling on my 1901 team. By drafting and pure luck Ive managed to secure Mordecai brown, joe Tinker, Jimmy Sheckard, and Harry Steinfeldt. This season has quite a few rookies that your team might be able to secure like Ed Walsh and Sherry Magee for example OR you can take your chances and one year draft Cap Anson! Of course next year (1905) has Ty Cobb so things will only get more and more exciting.

There are currently 6 teams in need of a manager so please email me if interested and I'll let you know which teams there are and do my best to get you the team you want most, first come first serve.
Its a lot of fun and hope to hear from some of you!

Thanks
Sean Brennan
milkit1@gmail.com

Last edited by milkit1; 10-05-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default good luck

For the record Sean (hi Sean) ran this post/thread by me before posting, which I appreciate. It seems like fun for those so inclined so why not? Good luck!!
Old 10-05-2011, 02:31 PM
P.hil €lli$

A couple of quick questions:

1. Are you saying that the teams have already been drafted, you just need a person to run the team that already exists?

2. How much time does this take? I know with Fantasy Baseball you can spend hours and hours per week during the season.

Thanks,
Phil
Old 10-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Sean Brennan

Thanks Leon! Hi Phil!

The teams that are still available are the tigers, reds, phillies, white sox, senators, beaneaters. When we started in 1901, the managers got the exact 1901 team. As we progress you can trade the players you got and draft the rookies for that year. so if you want the Phillies for example, there are currently only 14 players on that team (most of which were with them in '01 in real life). So after you join we will hold a one round draft for the best rookies and the order is decided based on where each team finished last year. Most of the open manager teams did really bad last year so new managers will most likely get top rookie picks this year. Once that one round is over, I announce a time that the supplemental draft will occur. At that time you go in and pick between all the remaining 1904 rookies and all the 19th century players. Its sort of a free for all so you have to act quick. You keep your 1904 rookie draftee and any other '04 rookies you draft until you trade them or they retire. you only get the 19th century players for one season.
Regarding time, it is not time consuming at all. It will take you maybe 20 minutes to set up your team once you have drafted. Then I sym three games a day which gives you plenty of time to adjust rosters. After the first ten games or so I personally only check my teams progress once a day or so. PLUS, there are an infinite amount of other leagues you can join (At one time I was in 10 leagues at once!). I would recommend going there, signing up and doing some random public league to get the feel of it. they have deadball era leagues, ruth era, modern, etc.
Hopefully that clears a bit up. try a random league and if you like it, email me and ill get you a team

Last edited by milkit1; 10-05-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Sean Brennan

got a couple new managers but still have a few teams to fill. Its really easy and fun and your playing with the players we all love! Hoping to start the draft by Friday!
Old 10-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Sean Brennan

looking to fill last couple spots. draft starts tomorrow. takes little time and is a whole lotta fun! email me
Old 10-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Sean Brennan

just need a mNager for the beaneaters. they have SECOND draft pick! see if you can get them out of the gutter!