NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-30-2020, 02:03 PM
Mark Arzoumanian

Default Pawn Stars--Jackie Robinson Card Collection

Any fans of Pawn Stars out there? I was programming my TIVO for next week and saw that on the Monday, June 1 (new) show a Jackie Robinson baseball card collection is going to walk in the door. Let's see if Rick Harrison makes a bid for it. I wonder who the owner is. Here in Chicago I have RCN, channel 340 (History Channel), if that helps anyone. It plays at 9 p.m. central. We shall see!
Stay healthy.

Last edited by marzoumanian; 05-30-2020 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-30-2020, 04:23 PM
Ben
ben tay/lor

Thanks, I will for sure be watching it.

Did you see the one where the seller had a beat up 51 Mantle signed by The Mick? He ended up consigning it to Heritage and grossed about twice Big Hoss' offer. It wasn't followed up on the show I tracked it by PSA slab.
Old 05-30-2020, 05:02 PM
Mark Arzoumanian

Default I Missed That One

I missed that one. To be frank, people who go on that show want the television exposure. They're not going to get a great offer from Rick and the gang. Auction is obviously the way to go.
I do recall the show when Rick visited a home to see a Babe Ruth bat with historical significance. When an expert came in from Memory Lane he quickly made it clear that it was a store-bought Ruth bat, as I recall.
I am willing to venture an educated guess that it will be a NO SALE on Monday night!
Stay healthy!
Old 05-30-2020, 06:23 PM
Justin

Thanks for the heads up, will definitely be watching.
They never have a clue on sports items.
I saw the 51 Bowman Mantle. There was another with a fake Babe Ruth and Christy Mathewson signed bat.
They focused 100% on the Ruth and didnt even mention the extreme rarity and high value if the Matty was real.

I was actually on the show, selling a non sports item a few years back.
Lowballed as expected. And wound up selling my item privately.

No auction fees. Happy buyer and seller!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Jcosta19; 05-30-2020 at 06:25 PM.
Old 05-30-2020, 08:43 PM
Ben
ben tay/lor

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzoumanian View Post
Stay healthy!
I've managed to dodge COVID-19 but can't seem to dodge foodborne bugs! Now have to dodge tear gas!
Old 05-30-2020, 08:49 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santo10Fan View Post
Thanks, I will for sure be watching it.

Did you see the one where the seller had a beat up 51 Mantle signed by The Mick? He ended up consigning it to Heritage and grossed about twice Big Hoss' offer. It wasn't followed up on the show I tracked it by PSA slab.
So big Hoss pretty much nailed it with his offer then.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 05-30-2020, 09:02 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
So big Hoss pretty much nailed it with his offer then.
I was thinking the same thing. Seems like they do have a clue when it comes to valuations if they offered half of what it went for at heritage.
Old 05-31-2020, 05:23 AM
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Seems like they do have a clue when it comes to valuations if they offered half of what it went for at heritage.
Just to give a little more precise number. Bigg Hoss offered 7k after the expert said it was worth 10k.
It sold for $19,500 BEFORE buyers premium.

Old 05-31-2020, 05:39 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

It was definitely a lowball offer. You don't need a key profit on an item worth $20K. Even turning $12-14K into $20K on a liquid item like that is worthwhile. Heck, they probably should have put it up for BIN instead. Could have gotten $30K or more.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 05-31-2020, 08:11 AM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Season 17 Episode 20 called Slice & Dice
S 17 E 21
Slice and Dice
Jun 01, 2020 | TV-PG L
When a seller brings in an antique key gun, can the Pawn Stars unlock the mystery behind it? Meanwhile, Rick strikes gold…records, when a Pink Floyd album spins into the shop. Next, a rare 1600s blade slices its way into the hands of the guys. Can Corey’s negotiation cut through? Then, Chum and Corey give peace a chance in a vintage bus. Will they ride off into the sunset, or will the wheels fall off this deal? Finally, can Rick score a Jackie Robinson card collection that’s the best thing since sliced bread?

For me it says listings:
June 1st @ 10pm HISTORY channel
June 2nd @ 1:03 am
June 8th @ 9pm
Old 05-31-2020, 09:40 AM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcosta19 View Post
Just to give a little more precise number. Bigg Hoss offered 7k after the expert said it was worth 10k.

That's a little different then, but signed cards in general are tough to value. I often have no real idea what one might go for when I bid on a signed vintage card at auction. What was the heritage estimate before the card sold?
Old 05-31-2020, 10:03 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzoumanian View Post
To be frank, people who go on that show want the television exposure. They're not going to get a great offer from Rick and the gang.
Not going to get a great offer? A really crappy low-ball offer is more like it! It's painful to watch people getting robbed by those elephants.
Old 05-31-2020, 10:09 AM
Justin

Not sure. Catalog and online completed sales dont have an estimate listed.
Listing did mention that the previous one they sold went for $66,000 in admittedly better condition card but both 9 Auto grade.

Old 05-31-2020, 10:21 AM
T0dd M@rcum

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
Not going to get a great offer? A really crappy low-ball offer is more like it! It's painful to watch people getting robbed by those elephants.
I think Rick largely pays ok. I would run the other way if I saw the old man (RIP) coming to evaluate my collection.
Old 05-31-2020, 11:31 AM
Ben
ben tay/lor

Quote:

These are the numbers I was referring to, thanks.
Old 05-31-2020, 01:32 PM
Mark

"Finally, can Rick score a Jackie Robinson card collection that’s the best thing since sliced bread?"

Obviously that reference means it's a Bond Bread set. A nice set to be sure, but hardly an Earth shattering collection.
Old 05-31-2020, 01:57 PM
Jay Cee

I used to watch all 3 of the pawn shows. Hard Core pawn out of Detroit was panful to watch. They were all about low balling and basically taking advantage of people who needed money. Im sure they had a lot security in their shop. Bevery Hills Pawn was a fun show to watch as Yossi paid a very fair price and had a little Swag while doing so. Just really a nitche market as I didnt know many of the values of the items that walked into their shop. Pawn Stars without a doubt is the king of Pawn shows as they have a variety of items walk into the shop and seem to be fair or average on what they offer to customer compared to other pawn shops. The crew there has a nice personality, which goes along way to.

At times I do not like some of the Pawn Star experts. The experts are getting good exposure being on the show. So, many times they will give a low estimate, to make sure the shop does good on the purchase. We don't ever hear about items that were bought and then sold for a loss do we?

The biggest complaint I have is when they switched to Steve Grad to look at autos. I'm sorry but that guy just a creep. He came out of the Bill Mastro web of lies. I saw one program where he came into the shop to look at a huge group of autographed photos and postcards. The seller was the Daughter of the Mom who recently passed and you could tell she didnt know anything about them. He said the entire collection was worth 3-5k and in actuality its more like 50-75k. People tried posting about it at the CU board but as quick as you did, it got pulled down and sensored.

I enjoy watching the Pawn Star show and just watched the episode where Rick went to Boston and saw a private collection which included an 1893 Cy Young Cabinet. He didnt buy buy the collection, but was fun to watch. If I ever decide to collect something other than sports.... Its going to be rare guns from the 19th Century!!!
Old 05-31-2020, 03:48 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I'd rather have cards of guns; easier to store...

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 05-31-2020, 05:37 PM
Adam Yastrzemski

Quote:

Time frame and sales history is important here in terms of when the show was taped and when it the card was sold at auction. In the past few years Mick stuff has exploded. It’s easy to see how the card was worth 10k a couple of years ago and 19k today and maybe 30-40 down the road. You have to buy at where it is now.
Old 05-31-2020, 05:41 PM
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yastrzemski Sports View Post
Time frame and sales history is important here in terms of when the show was taped and when it the card was sold at auction. In the past few years Mick stuff has exploded. It’s easy to see how the card was worth 10k a couple of years ago and 19k today and maybe 30-40 down the road. You have to buy at where it is now.
Good point Aired May 2019. My experience is a few month between taping and airing.
Sold at Auction Aug 2019.
2018 HA sold the aforementioned nicer card for $66,000.

Old 05-31-2020, 06:12 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
That's what I hate as well. There are times I'm saying/yelling at the T.V., don't do it buddy, walk, run, use EBay, whatever, but don't take Rick's offer!

Speaking of this particular episode, Samosa, have you been able to find when it airs up here? I've had zero luck finding "Slice and Dice"
Old 05-31-2020, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
I'd rather have cards of guns; easier to store...
Raw cards of guns yes, but if you have them graded you will need a fairly large gun safe to do so.

Brian
Old 05-31-2020, 07:51 PM
Robert D. Hysell

Default 1967"s Pete Rose cards

Early in the shows running , there was a guy , who came in with around 10 to 15 1967 Pete Rose cards . Think Rick , said , " they were fakes ? " Looked good to me ?
Old 06-01-2020, 05:19 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysell View Post
Early in the shows running , there was a guy , who came in with around 10 to 15 1967 Pete Rose cards . Think Rick , said , " they were fakes ? " Looked good to me ?
1967 or 63? Why would someone fake so many 1967 Pete Roses?
Old 06-01-2020, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
1967 or 63? Why would someone fake so many 1967 Pete Roses?
https://youtu.be/XjwCRHlgRQs?t=237
They were faded and a few had defects beyond the centering. Likely all would be under the grade expected (PSA 4-7) if they were even real. Not much gained or lost by passing due to authenticity, but the seller and Corey were definitely wrong about "Mint condition"...

Last edited by murphy8276; 06-01-2020 at 05:45 AM.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:47 AM
Mark Arzoumanian

Default Thank You, Murphy 8276

The video clip is classic. I am still laughing with tears streaming down my eyes. What is real? My wife? The dog? The cat? My laugh of the day and it's so early in the morning! Thank you again.
Stay safe!
Old 06-01-2020, 07:31 AM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
People were forced at gunpoint to sell their items?? If anyone was "robbed", they did it to themselves by accepting an offer they didn't have to.

Is there NO personal responsibility left in the world?
Old 06-01-2020, 10:26 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huysmans View Post
People were forced at gunpoint to sell their items?? If anyone was "robbed", they did it to themselves by accepting an offer they didn't have to.

Is there NO personal responsibility left in the world?
I believe what Samosa, and I, were getting at is the fact Rick will take advantage of people's ignorance/unfamiliarity with an item and will low ball it even though it is worth much more.

Yeah, he's in the business of making money but is there no decency, morals and values left in the world where the strong don't take advantage of the weak?

Have you watched American or CDN Pickers before? Ever seen where a seller asks a certain amount but the buyers offer/pay more because they know the seller didn't know what he had nor the real value of it? That is what we are talking about. Rick, nor is Pawn Stars hurting by any stretch of the imagination, and imo, their popularity, which equals more money, would increase 10 fold if they did this.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:35 AM
Ben North

Isn't this crappy tv show fake just like every other "reality" tv show. I have always been under the impression it is all staged. I know for a fact other similar "reality" shows are far from reality.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:37 AM
Joe H
Joe He.rne

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Isn't this crappy tv show fake just like every other "reality" tv show. I have always been under the impression it is all staged. I know for a fact other similar "reality" shows are far from reality.
100%.

I have a colleague who is about to be on house hunters (or something similar, I have no idea). He's already under contract for the house he's going to buy, and has a closing date. The show will come out, show him two other houses he has zero interest in; and then they'll conclude by showing him purchase the one he'd already bought before the show ever started.

"REALITY"
Old 06-01-2020, 11:00 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Good post, Dale.

I think someone will probably upload this episode on YouTube pretty soon.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:02 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by phikappapsi View Post
100%.

I have a colleague who is about to be on house hunters (or something similar, I have no idea). He's already under contract for the house he's going to buy, and has a closing date. The show will come out, show him two other houses he has zero interest in; and then they'll conclude by showing him purchase the one he'd already bought before the show ever started.

"REALITY"
I have thought the same thing, especially when I heard the real store in Vegas is nothing more than a tourist attraction and the filming is done elsewhere.
However, doing some looking into things occasionally, one can find where sales haven't always worked out where Rick and the gang made out like bandits.
These could all be fake as well as who really knows??
https://www.looper.com/8350/times-pa...rs-got-ripped/
Old 06-01-2020, 11:22 AM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
I have thought the same thing, especially when I heard the real store in Vegas is nothing more than a tourist attraction and the filming is done elsewhere.
However, doing some looking into things occasionally, one can find where sales haven't always worked out where Rick and the gang made out like bandits.
I heard all the same things. I even had a friend that made it a place to stop at when he was on vacation. He said nobody there even looked familiar and the place looked different than the show. I used to watch the show but I would just get annoyed the longer I'd watch an episode. I'll search YouTube for the mentioned new episode in a few weeks just to avoid commercials lol.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11

Old 06-01-2020, 11:24 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie73 View Post
I heard all the same things. I even had a friend that made it a place to stop at when he was on vacation. He said nobody there even looked familiar and the place looked different than the show. I used to watch the show but I would just get annoyed the longer I'd watch an episode. I'll search YouTube for the mentioned new episode in a few weeks just to avoid commercials lol.
I went to the store. They film there. The store is smaller in person than it looks on TV. I recognized the bouncer.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:36 AM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
I went to the store. They film there. The store is smaller in person than it looks on TV. I recognized the bouncer.
I did too...and yes, way smaller. We were ushered out as they closed in the middle of the day to film. They asked a couple of folks if they wanted to stay and be in the background so it looked like the store was open. Of course they asked the hot chicks...haha...I was asked to leave.

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03
Old 06-01-2020, 12:06 PM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harliduck View Post
I did too...and yes, way smaller. We were ushered out as they closed in the middle of the day to film. They asked a couple of folks if they wanted to stay and be in the background so it looked like the store was open. Of course they asked the hot chicks...haha...I was asked to leave.
If I ever make it out to the west coast, I'll have to check it out my self. I totally understand it being smaller looking than what's shown on tv. The tv sitcom Cheer's from the 1980's used parts of a bar in Boston Mass. I went there with some friends and didn't even know I was there until someone said that it was the place. Even after I knew, I still had trouble recognizing it. The place was micro sized.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11

Old 06-01-2020, 12:13 PM
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Quote:
It's set up but not fake.
As mentioned above I was on the show several years ago.
The item I was selling was emailed including pics and asking price ahead of filming to producers and when they were interested they gave me a filming time to stop by the store.

The negotiation was real, although completely low ball. They also were not allowed to use websites or video to verify my item which hurt my case for authenticity.

The shop is real. Very small as mentioned although we got to see the back area which is huge.
I didnt sell my item on the show. I did buy a preowned Rolex for a great price however and they gave my wife and I free tshirts. Haha so it wasnt a complete bust!

Old 06-01-2020, 12:22 PM
Mark Arzoumanian

Default Some Additional Pawn Stars Insights

A couple of years ago I flew into Vegas to see the Golden Knights play two games over one weekend. T-Mobile Arena is always packed and an electric place to see a hockey game, by the way. I had a Saturday aft. free so booked a tour of DOWNTOWN Vegas. Well worth the money. For an extra $5 the tour guide took me to the store and shared with me the following before he left me and I walked around for 5 minutes:

You bring in an item. If they like it and want to make an offer they hold onto it for review by their expert and tell you to come back in a few (couple of?) months when they're ready to tape. They also bone up on the item's history. The actual negotiations are REAL, is what I was told. Anything can happen. For what it's worth. Thanks.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:39 PM
Gobucsmagic74

The asking price of $42K was excessive and obviously the seller had no real intention of selling the cards
Old 06-01-2020, 08:52 PM
Craig L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobucsmagic74 View Post
The asking price of $42K was excessive and obviously the seller had no real intention of selling the cards
The set is listed on eBay. Too funny.
Pre-1957 Des Moines baseball memorbilia
**Ok, I buy DM stuff after '57**

Working on the following sets:
-T201 Master Set
-B18s set minus Reds. *18 to go*
-T202 End panel set
-'35 Goudey
-T206 361 commons/common back
Old 06-01-2020, 09:01 PM
Shaun Fyffe

Did they give any back story about the set on the show?

Currently seeking Jackie Robinson cards
Old 06-01-2020, 09:11 PM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleyBrown View Post
Did they give any back story about the set on the show?
The expert from Memory Lame said they were released in 1947. No discussion about how they were actually released over a 2-3 year period of time
Old 06-01-2020, 10:24 PM
Patr1ck Mu111N5

Casting for Pawn Stars reached out to me last year and said they saw one of my BIN items on eBay (a book) and asked if I wanted to be on one of their upcoming shows.

It required me to pay all traveling expenses and they said that the shop will know about the item in advance, but the actual negotiating will not be scripted and also, they cannot guarantee a sale.

Not worth my time, so I declined. Love the show, though!
Old 06-02-2020, 12:28 AM
Sean Costello

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlankf View Post
The set is listed on eBay. Too funny.
One of the cards on the show was a reprint. It's been replaced in the set that is now on eBay. The replacement is the only SGC card. The one on TV was ungraded and in mint condition. It also appeared to be autographed. It's strange that the Memory Lane guy didn't seem to notice.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:23 AM
Matt C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
One of the cards on the show was a reprint. It's been replaced in the set that is now on eBay. The replacement is the only SGC card. The one on TV was ungraded and in mint condition. It also appeared to be autographed. It's strange that the Memory Lane guy didn't seem to notice.

Dan didn't call it out because that card is NOT a reprint and I wouldn't pass it off that way. I know because I'm looking at it right now up close. While this is still a great card, it is ungraded and not in mint condition. It has a secretarial signature which is why wasn't authenticated or claimed to be signed even though it is original vintage.

I wanted to give more context to Robinson and the Bond Bread series, but the show didn't allow for that and cut a lot of historical reference footage that would have been more informative.

There are very few complete Bond Bread sets that exist in the hobby. I seriously doubt that Memory Lane sold one recently as Dan claimed for that amount which distorts the value. Given the continued appreciation for other Robinson rookie cards, this is what it is worth to me.

Jackie is timeless and frankly his transformative and successful example of mutual respect is the answer to the painful divisiveness we are witnessing in society today.
Old 06-02-2020, 04:11 AM
Joe H
Joe He.rne

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPGS View Post
Dan didn't call it out because that card is NOT a reprint and I wouldn't pass it off that way. I know because I'm looking at it right now up close. While this is still a great card, it is ungraded and not in mint condition. It has a secretarial signature which is why wasn't authenticated or claimed to be signed even though it is original vintage.

I wanted to give more context to Robinson and the Bond Bread series, but the show didn't allow for that and cut a lot of historical reference footage that would have been more informative.

There are very few complete Bond Bread sets that exist in the hobby. I seriously doubt that Memory Lane sold one recently as Dan claimed for that amount which distorts the value. Given the continued appreciation for other Robinson rookie cards, this is what it is worth to me.

Jackie is timeless and frankly his transformative and successful example of mutual respect is the answer to the painful divisiveness we are witnessing in society today.
No disrespect; but in that condition (between MK, Auth, and Poor pretty much across the board) just about anyone could put that set together in a year between REA/Heritage etc and Ebay, for roughly 22k. Really hard to ask a 100% premium when none of the cards in the set are a premium. just my $.02
Old 06-02-2020, 04:31 AM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by phikappapsi View Post
No disrespect; but in that condition (between MK, Auth, and Poor pretty much across the board) just about anyone could put that set together in a year between REA/Heritage etc and Ebay, for roughly 22k. Really hard to ask a 100% premium when none of the cards in the set are a premium. just my $.02
The most valuable card in the set is the Portrait with Facsimile auto but I believe it was in PSA 1-1.5 which would make it a $1500-2K card on the high-end. The rest were also low grade copies (most with qualifiers) so on average I would guesstimate maybe $1200-1500 per card, again on the high-end. So 12 cards at $1500 and the facsimile auto comes out to $20k and then maybe add another $2-3k for variance and selling the collection as a group and $22k sounds about spot on. Of course the owner can “value” them at whatever he wants, that doesn’t have any bearing on actual market value
Old 06-02-2020, 05:43 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Here's the video link
https://www.facebook.com/PawnStars/v...43591026968983
Old 06-02-2020, 07:47 AM
Shaun Fyffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPGS View Post

Hey Matt, I didn't get to see the show (no cable) but saw the facebook clip linked here. Really sick that you were able to get on the show and showcase the set. Wish they would have brought more of the history into it (its distribution etc) but I guess that wouldn't have made for great soundbytes and TV. I believe the last set auctioned off as a full set was our mutual friend's set with Goldin Auctions a few years ago. Soon after he sold the set, the market for the cards jumped strongly.

I know Heritage broke a set to sell each card individually. I don't believe ML sold a set... I did take some time off from cards, but I've done as much as I can to track sales.

FWIW, I don't remember the exact time frame it took for me to complete my set, but I believe it was between 4 and 5 years.

Currently seeking Jackie Robinson cards

Last edited by CharleyBrown; 06-02-2020 at 11:58 AM.
Old 06-02-2020, 07:57 AM
larry s
larry ser.ota

No set was sold by serota
Please Do not post untruths
And do not post names

Last edited by sflayank; 06-02-2020 at 07:58 AM.