NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-07-2023, 05:40 AM
Chad

Default Midwest Monster (Fishers, IN) 6/9-6/10

Is anyone planning on going to the Midwest Monster in Fishers, IN on 6/9 or 6/10? They had this last year, but I was unable to attend. Hoping there are a few prewar tables. I plan on going on Friday.

Here is the link.
https://jjallstarsportscards.com/midwest-monster-show/

Thanks
Chad
T215 Type 1 Red Cross Walter Johnson
1914 Texas Tommy Type 1 Walter Johnson
1923-24 Billiken Pop Lloyd
1924-25 Aguilitas #846 and #870 Pop Lloyd
1923-24 Billiken or Tomas Gutierrez Oliver "Ghost" Marcell
1923-24 Billiken or Tomas Gutierrez Dobie Moore
1924-25 Aguilitas #874 Dobie Moore
Old 06-07-2023, 10:33 AM
Michael Skiles

Default Midwest Monster

A few prewar dealers with a lot of inventory. Always a good show. I go every time they have one. Easy to get to, they have golf carts to transport attendees from the parking to the venue. Lots of space to get around inside. Picked up some nice Goudey and blankets last time.
Old 06-07-2023, 12:13 PM

I hadn't had a lot of time to look around at the 2 previous shows, since I had a table myself, but I know there have been a few tables selling vintage material. I didn't recall seeing much in the way of pre-war at one of the shows, but again, it could have been more about when I finally got out to look around rather than there being nothing at all. I was disappointed in that there wasn't as much post-war vintage material, and what was there was somewhat over-priced, but again, it might have something to do with when I was looking.

I'll be bringing an assortment of tickets, pennants, scorecards and programs that I'm now willing to part with, and other oddball stuff. It's a nice show at a clean facility (I've also played in basketball leagues there), and FYI, they usually bring in Chik-Fil-A to serve at the concession stand. However, there are numerous restaurants and a Target nearby if you are staying the day and need some food. Another FYI: Bring money; either they didn't have an ATM or it wasn't working at the last show.
Old 06-07-2023, 06:04 PM
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrod3 View Post
I hadn't had a lot of time to look around at the 2 previous shows, since I had a table myself, but I know there have been a few tables selling vintage material. I didn't recall seeing much in the way of pre-war at one of the shows, but again, it could have been more about when I finally got out to look around rather than there being nothing at all. I was disappointed in that there wasn't as much post-war vintage material, and what was there was somewhat over-priced, but again, it might have something to do with when I was looking.

I'll be bringing an assortment of tickets, pennants, scorecards and programs that I'm now willing to part with, and other oddball stuff. It's a nice show at a clean facility (I've also played in basketball leagues there), and FYI, they usually bring in Chik-Fil-A to serve at the concession stand. However, there are numerous restaurants and a Target nearby if you are staying the day and need some food. Another FYI: Bring money; either they didn't have an ATM or it wasn't working at the last show.

I agree wholeheartedly with this assessment. I went to the summer show last year (I believe there was also one in the fall) and was a bit disappointed in the post-war selection. That being said, I was still able to fill some holes in my collection, and I plan to attend again this weekend.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2023, 06:17 PM
Dave Carson

I will be there Friday. I live less than 10 minutes away.

The October show last year was better than the June show with a few more vintage dealers showing up, including JD Heckathorn. There were some dealers at both shows who were primarily modern but had a handful of slabbed vintage stars. Indy Card Exchange brings along some vintage - but again slabbed stars - the vintage commons stay back at the shop (which is only a few miles away)

I found some things I needed each of the two shows, including B-18 blankets from the same dealer at each show. I can't say I remembered seeing a lot of pre-war stuff, but that isn't my primary focus (though I am working through an attempt at a low grade Diamond Stars set).

Its definitely not a Strongsville / Moeller show as far as the amount of vintage. I'm not sure I would go to this show if it was more than 60 - 90 minutes away. Hopefully a few more vintage and pre-war dealers show up this year.

The guys running the show are good guys - the shuttle from the parking lot is fine - looks like we should have good weather. I will be the guy walking around in a Guardians polo hanging out at the vintage tables.

As noted plenty of places to eat nearby along 116th Street - including Shake Shack and Portillo's east of 69. The O'Charley's by Target closed a few months ago.
Old 06-08-2023, 07:16 AM
Chad

Thanks everyone for the response. I will be there Friday afternoon probably wearing a Kansas City Monarchs t-shirt and a FSU Seminoles hat. Hope to meet a few people.

Chad
T215 Type 1 Red Cross Walter Johnson
1914 Texas Tommy Type 1 Walter Johnson
1923-24 Billiken Pop Lloyd
1924-25 Aguilitas #846 and #870 Pop Lloyd
1923-24 Billiken or Tomas Gutierrez Oliver "Ghost" Marcell
1923-24 Billiken or Tomas Gutierrez Dobie Moore
1924-25 Aguilitas #874 Dobie Moore