NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 05-14-2021, 05:55 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

I participated in the first clinical trial of the Salk Polio Vaccine. I don't think I ever found out whether I got the real deal or a placebo, but I didn't get polio.

The mRNA vaccines (which are new) have been created and released in warp speed because they have been working on the methodology for nearly 20 years in the lab. The timing of COVID was fortuitous, allowing the vaccines to be introduced quickly. At this point they seem to be some of the most effective vaccines ever made.

The standard "flu shot" is a bit of a crap shoot after they spin to roulette wheel to pick which one to recommend. With mRNA the vaccine is much more specific for the target disease. It's not 100%, but very little in medicine is. I had no hesitation to get Pfizered. My risk is reduced for both getting the disease, getting hospitalized and getting buried.

I wore a mask in the operating room for thirty years. Not sure how effective they were, but they did keep my saliva out the wound. My glasses fell into a belly once though. I believe the mask mania has been excessive. I have played golf daily (almost) for the last year without a mask. The better safe than sorry argument is a bit difficult to defend regarding masks. The anti-vaxxers are on thin ice as well in my opinion.

I suspect that the risk of law suits has something to do with businesses being more than willing to be compliant with government recommendations. I do comply as well when I go to the post office and grocery store though. I did go to an upscale restaurant recently and was called out for removing my mask before I was seated. We were able to eat without masks, even between bites.

If you scare folks consistently they ultimately will accept fear as their modus operandi. Messaging during the COVID era has been remarkably poor, which is most unfortunate. Give me the information without the politics and garbage and let me freely choose how much risk I'm willing to take.

When HIV hit in the eighties, as a surgeon, I felt more endangered personally in the operating room working on HIV patients than I do now regarding COVID.

I have not read this thread, so if this is all redundant, I apologize.
I am a retired board certified general surgeon, not that that matters.
The cards i have listed in BST come from a COVID free home.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 05-14-2021, 06:27 PM
Peter Spaeth

There were serious doubts about the polio vaccine too.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...accine/303946/

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-14-2021, 06:37 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
There were serious doubts about the polio vaccine too.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...accine/303946/
If I remember correctly, the problem with the polio vaccine was isolated to one facility where it was produced. One batch of product was tainted with live virus as a result of a manufacturing error. Otherwise I believe the vaccine was quite successful. How many people do you know that have had polio sixty some years later? I know one (1).

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 05-14-2021, 06:48 PM
Peter Spaeth

The piece is more about efficacy than safety. Apparently the Salk vaccine was actually not that effective, and it wasn't until the Sabin vaccine subsequent to the article that the disease really was eradicated.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-14-2021 at 06:49 PM.
Old 05-14-2021, 06:50 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
How many people do you know that have had polio sixty some years later? I know one (1).
Pretty effective! Once for life!

Now, how many are still getting covid after vaccine? You can stop.counting at 2

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 05-14-2021, 06:56 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
The piece is more about efficacy than safety. Apparently the Salk vaccine was actually not that effective, and it wasn't until the Sabin vaccine subsequent to the article that the disease really was eradicated.
You say Sabin and I say Salk
Let's call the whole thing off.

Jeez I was only nine years old.

274/1000 Monster Number

Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 05-16-2021, 10:48 AM

Can someone please answer my question about why you’re willing to risk all kinds of side effects for routine prescription medication but you’re not willing to risk them for the vaccine? I would love to know what makes the vaccine different from myriad other medications you’re willing to take that offer remote side effects you may encounter.
Old 05-16-2021, 01:39 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Can someone please answer my question about why you’re willing to risk all kinds of side effects for routine prescription medication but you’re not willing to risk them for the vaccine? I would love to know what makes the vaccine different from myriad other medications you’re willing to take that offer remote side effects you may encounter.
+1

Add to it, all the risks people take with things they smoke, eat, drink, breathe, and so on. Why are possible risks of this vaccine so overblown compared to literally everything else we ingest?
Old 05-16-2021, 01:41 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
+1

Add to it, all the risks people take with things they smoke, eat, drink, breathe, and so on. Why are possible risks of this vaccine so overblown compared to literally everything else we ingest?
Because there's no political angle to the others.

Old 05-16-2021, 02:27 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Ok, I'll bite. Because prescription medications require stringent testing and are REQUIRED
to meet FDA approval by FEDERAL LAW before going to market.

The vaccines are not.
Old 05-16-2021, 02:29 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Because there's no political angle to the others.
I answered. No political angle.
Old 05-16-2021, 02:38 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
I answered your question, maybe you'll answer mine. Why would someone who's been fully vaccinated and believes their vaccination protects them be concerned with those who are unvaccinated?
Old 05-16-2021, 02:48 PM

You didn't answer my question. The reasons for not getting the vaccine have been because of potential side effects up to and including death. Why are these risks easily accepted otherwise? Approved drugs come with potentially deadly side effects as well.

To answer your question; why wouldn't I be concerned? The vaccine, like all vaccines, isn't 100 % effective. The only way to know if it wasn't effective for you is if you get sick. If everyone is vaccinated, what is already a low risk gets even lower. I hope that makes sense.
Old 05-16-2021, 02:52 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
+1

Aren't 3 out of the 4 examples youve given a choice?

Self induced illnesses (including almost all of those pesky co-morbidities) can 99x out of 100 be cured with diet and exercise some are just not willing to change their lifestyle, and must accept the side effects and consequences.

If it will reduce your anxiety about getting covid, that's a reason right there to get the vaccine IMO. They could even give you a placebo and you'd feel great, get outside and back to normal life.

Life expectancy in the US, 78.5 years.

Old 05-16-2021, 03:05 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
You didn't answer my question.
No, sir. I did answer it. You just don't want to hear it.

Quote:
Can someone please answer my question about why you’re willing to risk all kinds of side effects for routine prescription medication but you’re not willing to risk them for the vaccine?
Now, re-read my answer.

Last edited by vintagetoppsguy; 05-16-2021 at 03:06 PM.
Old 05-16-2021, 03:12 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

As I already mentioned in this thread, I get the flu vaccine every year. I don't care if others get it or not. I do what I think is best for me. That's why I don't understand why those vaccinated from Covid are so concerned about the unvaccinated.
Old 05-16-2021, 03:44 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
As I already mentioned in this thread, I get the flu vaccine every year. I don't care if others get it or not. I do what I think is best for me. That's why I don't understand why those vaccinated from Covid are so concerned about the unvaccinated.
I think Peter hit the nail on the head. It's another way to divide people, instead of something that should be heralded as bringing all people together regardless of our (political) views.

Hell if people want to committ suicide its illegal! WHY???

Just keep them on that hamster wheel as long as physically possible, and even longer sometimes.

Old 05-16-2021, 04:31 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Ok, I'll bite. Because prescription medications require stringent testing and are REQUIRED
to meet FDA approval by FEDERAL LAW before going to market.

The vaccines are not.
LOL have you ever read some of the side effect profiles of APPROVED meds? Or listened to the commercials where it takes a speed talker 30 seconds to read them?
Or, as I've mentioned before, studied some of the APPROVED meds withdrawn from the market because they were killing people? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_withdrawn_drugs

FDA approval indeed.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-16-2021 at 04:36 PM.
Old 05-16-2021, 05:20 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
LOL have you ever read some of the side effect profiles of APPROVED meds? Or listened to the commercials where it takes a speed talker 30 seconds to read them?
Or, as I've mentioned before, studied some of the APPROVED meds withdrawn from the market because they were killing people? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_withdrawn_drugs

FDA approval indeed.
If a doctor prescribes you medication, he/she should inform you of possible side effects. You can also do your own research. In the end, its YOUR CHOICE whether to take the medication or not.

Here's where I'm losing you, Peter, and I'm not sure why because you're smarter than that. There hasn't been enough testing on the vaccine to know all the possible side effects. I think most people that decline the vaccine aren't antivaxxers, they're just concerned with the lack of testing and not knowing long term side effects. As I've already mentioned (multiple times now), I'll probably get the vaccine in 2-3 years if there are no known side effects. And, if there are side effects, I'll weigh my options and decide if the benefits outweigh the risks.
Old 05-16-2021, 05:29 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
If a doctor prescribes you medication, he/she should inform you of possible side effects. You can also do your own research. In the end, its YOUR CHOICE whether to take the medication or not.

Here's where I'm losing you, Peter, and I'm not sure why because you're smarter than that. There hasn't been enough testing on the vaccine to know all the possible side effects. I think most people that decline the vaccine aren't antivaxxers, they're just concerned with the lack of testing and not knowing long term side effects. As I've already mentioned (multiple times now), I'll probably get the vaccine in 2-3 years if there are no known side effects. And, if there are side effects, I'll weigh my options and decide if the benefits outweigh the risks.
How many years of actual clinical post-marketing experience do you insist on before you'll take an FDA approved drug, David? Because guess what? Drugs can be approved on the basis of a single phase III trial, not years of actual experience. The amount of experience we already have, with hundreds of millions of doses administered, probably dwarfs what we know about most drugs.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-16-2021 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-16-2021, 05:36 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
How many years of actual clinical post-marketing experience do you insist on before you'll take an FDA approved drug, David? Because guess what? Drugs can be approved on the basis of a single phase III trial, not years of actual experience. The amount of experience we already have, with hundreds of millions of doses administered, probably dwarfs what we know about most drugs.
Now you're just wanting to argue. A quick Google search shows, "In the United States, it takes an average of 12 years for an experimental drug to travel from the laboratory to your medicine cabinet."

12 years, Peter. 12 years.
Old 05-16-2021, 05:37 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Now you're just wanting to argue. A quick Google search shows, "In the United States, it takes an average of 12 years for an experimental drug to travel from the laboratory to your medicine cabinet."

Yes but most of that time is not the placebo-controlled phase III trial, it's research and development and feasibility studies and animal studies and so forth, none of which gather the data you crave.

Go tell me how much safety data there was on fen-phen when they approved it. Only to find out it killed people.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-16-2021 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-16-2021, 05:52 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
I answered your question, maybe you'll answer mine. Why would someone who's been fully vaccinated and believes their vaccination protects them be concerned with those who are unvaccinated?
Maybe they care about their fellow human beings?? Is this a trick question or am I missing something?
Old 05-16-2021, 05:53 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Go tell me how much safety data there was on fen-phen when they approved it. Only to find out it killed people.
Thank you for helping me prove my point. A lot of the side effects of drugs aren't discovered until years later. Now do you see my desire to wait on the vaccine?
Old 05-16-2021, 05:56 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
Maybe they care about their fellow human beings?? Is this a trick question or am I missing something?
Ah, ok. So they care so much about their fellow human beings, they make sure they're up to date on all their vaccinations?
Old 05-16-2021, 05:58 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:

I understand your point here, but I think that number is misleading a bit. Everything I've read has said that the vaccine's basic formula isn't new, it was able to be modified to fit the cause. Kind of like putting a dune buggy body on a VW, much quicker than building a car from scratch.
Old 05-16-2021, 06:08 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Thank you for helping me prove my point. A lot of the side effects of drugs aren't discovered until years later. Now do you see my desire to wait on the vaccine?
You're all over the map. You've said you want to wait for FDA approval. My point is that FDA approval doesn't guarantee anything or mean that much. So now how long do you want to wait?

Old 05-16-2021, 06:38 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
You're all over the map. You've said you want to wait for FDA approval. My point is that FDA approval doesn't guarantee anything or mean that much. So now how long do you want to wait?
I'm not all over the place. My position hasn't changed. And to answer your question, please refer to posts 190, 229 and 269. Keep up, Peter. Keep up.
Old 05-16-2021, 06:52 PM
D@le Irv*n

And again, where is all the concrete proof these vaccines are actually doing anything in protecting anyone from contracting covid?

I know one thing for certain, they have caused blood clots, balls palsy, anaphylaxis, thrombosis, severe respiratory problems, severe aches and pains, hospitalization and of course numerous deaths.

Why is it still being administered and not removed/banned?

Look at the other drugs that have been taken off the market for far less worse issues???

Also, if anyone was wondering, only about 50% of the employees at the CDC and the NIH have taken a covid vaccine.
Why is that, and why are all those other front line doctor's and nurses who also refuse to take it never talked about?
https://www.tiktok.com/@backwoodsgir...urce=copy&_r=1
Old 05-16-2021, 07:09 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
And again, where is all the concrete proof these vaccines are actually doing anything in protecting anyone from contracting covid?

I know one thing for certain, they have caused blood clots, balls palsy, anaphylaxis, thrombosis, severe respiratory problems, severe aches and pains, hospitalization and of course numerous deaths.

Why is it still being administered and not removed/banned?

Look at the other drugs that have been taken off the market for far less worse issues???

Also, if anyone was wondering, only about 50% of the employees at the CDC and the NIH have taken a covid vaccine.
Why is that, and why are all those other front line doctor's and nurses who also refuse to take it never talked about?
https://www.tiktok.com/@backwoodsgir...urce=copy&_r=1
I don't know what you watch in Canada, but here in the US the vaccines have been so effective that the CDC just dramatically lifted many restrictions. But maybe all the sources reporting that, and the CDC itself, and the studies (including a study of healthcare workers that was a key part of the CDC's decision) all are biased or something.

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/scie...ndates-rcna932

Or maybe you just see what you want to see.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-16-2021 at 07:18 PM.
Old 05-16-2021, 07:33 PM
Peter Spaeth

In one of the studies cited by the CDC, the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was shown to be 97 percent effective at protecting against symptomatic infection and 86 percent effective at protecting against asymptomatic infection. Those results, published May 6 in the Journal of the American Medical Association, were based on a study of more than 6,700 vaccinated health care workers in Israel.

Walensky also referenced two recent U.S.-based studies that were published in the CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. One study demonstrated that Covid-19 vaccines were 90 percent effective at preventing both symptomatic and asymptomatic infection among nearly 4,000 health care workers and front-line workers. A second study found the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines were 94 percent effective at preventing Covid-19-related-hospitalizations among adults 65 and older who have been fully vaccinated.

Old 05-16-2021, 07:34 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
I don't know what you watch in Canada, but here in the US we have a 28 Trillion dollar debt, gas shortages and long lines, growing inflation, a border crisis, rising taxes, riots in the streets and much, much more. So, to divert the attention from all that, the government lifted many restrictions.
Since Peter is blinded to what's happening in the US, I corrected part of his statement for him.
Old 05-16-2021, 07:37 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Since Peter is blinded to what's happening in the US, I corrected part of his statement for him.
I knew it was all a conspiracy!! "They" have done it again. And to think, I thought Rochelle Walensky, who was an infectious disease doctor here in Boston for many years, had some integrity. "They" got to her I guess.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-16-2021 at 07:40 PM.
Old 05-16-2021, 07:42 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
I knew it was all a conspiracy!! "They" have done it again. And to think, I thought Rochelle Walensky, who was an infectious disease doctor here in Boston for many years, had some integrity. "They" got to her I guess.
I'm not talking about the disease itself. I'm talking about the timing of lifting the restrictions. Let's cut the crap.
Old 05-16-2021, 07:45 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
I'm not talking about the disease itself. I'm talking about the timing of lifting the restrictions. Let's cut the crap.
That's exactly what I'm talking about. The timing. Which, as I read it, was based on the studies. You can disagree with the CDC -- in fact I wish they had kept the foot on the gas pedal. But it's not some left-wing plot.

Old 05-16-2021, 07:48 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
That's exactly what I'm talking about. The timing. Which, as I read it, was based on the studies. You can disagree with the CDC -- in fact I wish they had kept the foot on the gas pedal. But it's not some left-wing plot.
Studies? What changed? If the vaccine is as effective as they say it is (and I'm not questioning its effectiveness), why weren't the restrictions lifted for fully vaccinated people several months ago? Again, what changed. Be specific, not just "studies."
Old 05-16-2021, 07:49 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Studies? What changed? If the vaccine is as effective as they say it is (and I'm not questioning its effectiveness), why weren't the restrictions lifted for fully vaccinated people several months ago? Again, what changed. Be specific, not just "studies."
Read what I quoted. There were further studies of actual real world experience that were published recently, combined with overall statistics showing rates declining and so forth.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-16-2021 at 07:49 PM.
Old 05-16-2021, 07:52 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
I don't know what you watch in Canada, but here in the US the vaccines have been so effective that the CDC just dramatically lifted many restrictions. But maybe all the sources reporting that, and the CDC itself, and the studies (including a study of healthcare workers that was a key part of the CDC's decision) all are biased or something.

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/scie...ndates-rcna932

Or maybe you just see what you want to see.
If you believe that, I have some swamp land I could sell you, Pete.

Could it possibly be, since many people are protesting the lockdowns, refusing the vaccines and basically just getting on with their lives, have anything to do with that? ​
Could it be the fact the heat is on Fauci and the NIH and the fact they funded the Wuhan lab even though Fauci has denied that from the very beginning, have anything to do with that?

I won't say anymore due to the political no no here but I suggest you do some digging/research, Pete, if you think there is nothing political behind this whole pandemic,,,,,,,, or is that a plan-demic?

But that aside, with so many still getting covid after receiving both shots, again, where is the proof they actually work besides some B.S. story, that only sheep would gobble up, that because they are lifting restrictions, they work?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fauci1.jpg (69.4 KB, 74 views)
Old 05-16-2021, 07:54 PM
Peter Spaeth

OK Dale the studies are all fake. It's just a BS story you must be right. Tell you what go read them, come back and point out the flaws instead of spewing your conspiratorial BS, OK?

Deny everything that doesn't fit your narrative. Just call it fake. Hmmm, who do I know that does that a lot? Hell, people deny Newtown CT too.

Anyone can deny anything, just demand proof, when given proof call it fake, then demand proof again.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-16-2021 at 08:09 PM.
Old 05-16-2021, 07:54 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
If you believe that, I have some swamp land I could sell you, Pete.
He'll pay top dollar too.
Old 05-16-2021, 07:59 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
OK Dale the studies are all fake. Go read them, come back and point out the flaws instead of spewing paranoid BS, OK?
Peter, I read part of what you linked, but had to stop. Your Dr. Walensky was touting how effective the vaccine is. Ok, let's roll with that. If it's really that effective (and again, I'm not questioning the effectiveness), why are so many vaccinated people concerned with the ones that haven't been vaccinated? I keep asking this, but fail to get a logical answer.
Old 05-16-2021, 08:01 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Oh its finally OK NOT to wear a mask outside if you got your Fauci ouchie?

Use your friggin common sense sheeple.

Must be that new science that told us this

Old 05-16-2021, 08:02 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Peter, I read part of what you linked, but had to stop. Your Dr. Walensky was touting how effective the vaccine is. Ok, let's roll with that. If it's really that effective (and again, I'm not questioning the effectiveness), why are so many vaccinated people concerned with the ones that haven't been vaccinated? I keep asking this, but fail to get a logical answer.
Because they would like to see the fucking pandemic end for the sake of the fucking world.

Old 05-16-2021, 08:06 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:

Old 05-16-2021, 08:35 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Because they would like to see the fucking pandemic end for the sake of the fucking world.
And that's a stupid fucking answer. When I was in the Army, I worked in an Army hospital - 97th General Hospital, Frankfurt, Germany. I have received more vaccines in a matter of just a few years than you've received in your lifetime. Wanna bet? I'll open up my vaccine card and show you. I've also given more vaccines than most doctors have in their lifetime...literally thousands to soldiers going to Bosnia and Croatia came through my line (which seemed never ending) for weeks at a time. Never once when I received a vaccine did I ever scratch my head and wonder if 'ol Johnny got one too. And when I was administering vaccines I didn't care which soldiers received them and which ones didn't. So cut the compassion for fellow human beings bullshit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vaccine card.jpg (76.7 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by vintagetoppsguy; 05-16-2021 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Edited to be more specific
Old 05-16-2021, 08:37 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
It's amazing what some will believe!

Just a week or so ago, Fauci and sleepy Joe were telling people to double mask then magically, just like that, the vaccines have cured everyone and masks are no longer required?!?!?

How some can't connect the dots despite what's right in front of their noses, is simply mindboggling.
Old 05-16-2021, 08:44 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
And that's a stupid fucking answer. When I was in the Army, I worked in an Army hospital. I have received more vaccines in a matter of just a few years than you've received in your lifetime. Wanna bet? I'll open up my vaccine card and show you. I've also given more vaccines than most doctors have in their lifetime...literally thousands to soldiers going to Bosnia and Croatia came through my line (which seemed never ending) for weeks at a time. Never once when I received a vaccine did I ever scratch my head and wonder if 'ol Johnny got one too. And when I was administering vaccines did I care which soldiers received them and which ones didn't. So cut the compassion for fellow human beings bullshit.
David just because you have no humanity doesn't mean others don't. Revealing post though.
Besides, it's very inconvenient to have a world functioning suboptimally, so there's a totally selfish justification.

Edit thank you for serving and I say that with all sincerity.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-16-2021 at 08:49 PM.
Old 05-16-2021, 08:45 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
It's amazing what some will believe!

Just a week or so ago, Fauci and sleepy Joe were telling people to double mask then magically, just like that, the vaccines have cured everyone and masks are no longer required?!?!?

How some can't connect the dots despite what's right in front of their noses, is simply mindboggling.
You've got it all figured out Dale. Now tell me the flaws in the studies. Oh wait, science is just part of the conspiracy, damn I forgot.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-16-2021 at 08:46 PM.
Old 05-16-2021, 08:56 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Instead of trying to distract us by lifting restrictions, I wish they just would've gone golfing!
Old 05-16-2021, 09:01 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
David just because you have no humanity doesn't mean others don't. Revealing post though.
Besides, it's very inconvenient to have a world functioning suboptimally, so there's a totally selfish justification.

Edit thank you for serving and I say that with all sincerity.
I have humanity, but I'm also realistic. My vaccine card is nearly 20 years old. It has Smallpox, Polio, Tet-Dipth, Typhoid, Meningitis, Adenovirus, Plague #1, Plague #2, Rubella and a lot more that I just can't read - and some of them more than once. I don't know what most of that stuff even is. I bet you the Army still vaccinates against those same things today - 20 years later (especially for their hospital workers).

And here is where I'm realistic. A vaccine (even if 100% effective) is not going to make a pandemic end. If the Army still vaccinates against those diseases listed above, and I'm pretty sure they do, it's for one reason: they never went away. But if you (and others) want to think this pandemic is just going to go away with some magical vaccine, by all means believe that.