NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 07-29-2008, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Default If you're ever in Boston...

Posted By: Greg Theberge

For those who may have an interest, Nuf Ced McGreevy's Saloon has be resurected!
It is now located on Boylston Street opposite the Hyne's Center.
They did a pretty nice job creating the original bar. Many of the original photographs which hung on the wall have been reproduced and hung in old frames. There's even a couple of display cases in the back with an original Nuf Ced megaphone and the original painting of Nuf Ced that hung over the original bar. Obviously, as an early Sox fan, I nearly wet myself when I walked in.

This is the brainchild of one of the members of the Dropkick Murphy's as well as Peter Nash.

Nice to see my photo of the place copied and hung on the wall. I did a double take when I saw it.

And the food is Fantastic!

Here's their website:

http://www.mcgreevysboston.com/

(even got myself on the Guest Page)

Greg

Old 07-30-2008, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dstudeba

Very cool, thanks for sharing! Wish it started years ago when we used to set up shop at McCarthy's. Great improvement over the poser bar (reminds me of the bridge & tunnel places in NYC) that used to be there.

Old 08-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve

Thanks Greg... We can't wait to try it.

What did you think of the Bleacher Bar?

Old 08-03-2008, 05:24 AM
Administrator

Steve,

I heard the bar was great. We were up there on Mother's Day to do the walk with the family and they were just finishing it. To be honest, when I was up there last, my wife and I completely forgot about it and didn't check it out. That being said, I can imagine it's going to be one of those places that is going to be impossible to get into. I heard it's great though.

I don't believe there's any charge to get in, and you're right up against center field.

Greg

Old 08-03-2008, 06:57 AM
Administrator

Wife and I were there a couple of weeks ago and loved it, Sox were out of town... Easy to get in and get good seats for an average lunch. It was a Friday, pre-rush hour. We walked the area hit the BBW for a cold one, then hit the Cask and Flagon for a few more, it was also quiet.

Some pics; http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/oche16/Boston%20July%202008/

Old 08-03-2008, 09:01 AM
Administrator

Steve,

Thanks for posting the pics. The place looks great. What I probably meant to say is that I would imagine that it would be impossible to get into the place on Game Day, especially because there's no entrance fee.

Greg

Old 08-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Greg, We were at the Yanks game last sunday. The C&F was at full cappacity, so we headed down Landsdowne to try the BB. Surprisingly, there was a very short line and we got to the bar PDQ. Were chattin with a few New Yorkers and they couldn't stifle their affection for the park, it's the Sox they hate Oh, the BB field-side tables however were a 1.5h wait.

There was an hour rain delay but as you know the Sox won. Papi's HR landed two seats away, but I had no chance as the crowd shifted upon us! I was glad it ended up with a kid. He was beaming as everyone around him asked him to pose with the BB -another cherished day.

I can't wait to try McGreevey's II