NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-09-2011, 08:46 AM
Bob Beck

Default Legal question regarding non payers on ebay

I just had my 4th non paying bidder over the past 60 days on ebay. This one was a PSA 5 1914 Cracker Jack for $297. The biggest one was a lot of t206's for $1,000. Ebay has no justice for deadbeats other than supposedly tossing them off if they continue to screw up auctions, although the offenders can just create a new name and profile and go right back on again. Since sellers cannot leave negative feedback and are totally at the mercy of ebay's slanted pro buyer system, can you leave the user name and the actual name of the renegger in your relisting description, warning other ebayer's without any type of repercussions? I would love to do this.

Last edited by bbeck; 09-09-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:55 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default not sure

I am not sure of the answer, Bob, and that really sucks. If you want to put their names on this board it would be ok with me...and might help a few others. All I would say is that you need to have your ducks in a row (I am sure you do) as you, and everyone, is liable for what they say on this board.....Much to the chagrin of a certain member and lawyer, I an not responsible for what others say, in general.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:09 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
If you want to put their names on this board it would be ok with me...and might help a few others.
We should have a thread just for situations like this where board members can post the usernames of NPBs (or just PIA buyers) and other board members could choose to add them to their BBL.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:13 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default no worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
We should have a thread just for situations like this where board members can post the usernames of NPBs (or just PIA buyers) and other board members could choose to add them to their BBL.
It wouldn't bother me to have one. The only rule I could see there being is that if you want to do this I think you should probably have to put your real first and last name by your post. I can't see letting it be done anonymously....
Old 09-09-2011, 09:31 AM
Bob Beck

I think a list would be great as long as the liability is nil. I have names.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:13 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default well

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbeck View Post
I think a list would be great as long as the liability is nil. I have names.

As long as you tell the truth the liability should be nil. If you can't prove what you are saying, and it disparages someone publicly, then you shouldn't say it. I am not really directing this at you Bob.....but there is liability in everything we do. So, if someone didn't pay for something, or ripped you off, and you have documentation to prove it, then saying it publicly shouldn't have any liability. That being said anyone can sue anyone for anything....just like all of the idiots (and sometimes their lawyers) that tell me about the rules on this board.....Had I thought I could get in trouble, or did anything wrong, I wouldn't have posted that last Cease and Desist order I got. I am no lawyer, and don't pretend to be, so please consult with one if you have reservations or questions.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:23 AM
Dan Bretta

I've had 5 non paying bidders in the last 60 days...one of the biggest things that irks me is that when I go to leave feedback ebay makes sure that I can see the item they won, but puts a big warning sign underneath telling me I can not leave feedback for the transaction...if there's a way to get those items off of my leave feedback screen I can't figure it out. It's especially irksome when I see their feedback score rising so I know ebay hasn't kicked them off. My last non paying bidder was an ebay member since 1998, hasn't won a single item in over three years and made no replies at all to my efforts to contact him.

I recently called ebay to get them to increase my selling limits...they limited me for no reason at all...the lady I talked to said that by the end of the year every single seller will have a limit placed on their account based on their selling history. Supposedly it's an average of what you do in a month as a seller..anyway I got her to double my limits. I also gave her suggestions to send on up to the ebay policy makers.

1. If a buyer is going to leave a 1 or 2 DSR for any reason they have to explain why they are leaving this...ebay doesn't allow you to see who leaves these 1's and 2's so it's impossible for a seller to know what they did that upset these anonymous buyers...in the last three months I've gotten a 1 or 2 for communication...I'm not even sure who I pissed off or why? I answer all questions..I let people know when their item shipped, et cetera so why the 1 or 2 DSR??? This cost me my 20% discount which came up to about $125..three anonymous assholes cost me $125 and I can't even know why?

2. Make all NPB strikes visible on a buyers feedback...this way I can at least have satisfaction in knowing ebay has done something about the deadbeat who bid on my item and wasted my time.

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 09-09-2011 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I recently called ebay to get them to increase my selling limits...they limited me for no reason at all...the lady I talked to said that by the end of the year every single seller will have a limit placed on their account based on their selling history. Supposedly it's an average of what you do in a month as a seller..anyway I got her to double my limits. I also gave her suggestions to send on up to the ebay policy makers.
This really boggles my mind.

I have huge selling fluctuations throughout the year based on what I'm selling at any particular time. To make your average your high point is just ridiculous. This only knocks down your next average...........before you know it, you're not selling anything.

What exactly is the logic in not letting sellers sell, and how exactly does this benefit Ebay?

Is somebody on the inside trying bring the whole house of cards down, and the bigwigs are too busy rolling around in their money to realize what's going on?
Old 09-09-2011, 11:58 AM
Dean

ebay just seems to be trending more and more toward a place for storefronts only, not individuals occasionally selling some stuff.

Seems like the time is right for a new option in the marketplace.

my eBay auctions
Old 09-09-2011, 01:04 PM

I remember way back when Mastro listed in the catalaog the name of a non-payer in the lot description when they relisted the lot. That was the one and only time I saw them do that, so my guess is they decided it was a bad policy.

Last edited by drc; 09-09-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Daryl

I remember getting an auction catalog either earlier this year or last year that listed the names of deadbeat bidders. I can't remember which auction house.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4815162342 View Post
I remember getting an auction catalog either earlier this year or last year that listed the names of deadbeat bidders. I can't remember which auction house.
Clean Sweep Auctions has a policy of publicly naming deadbeat bidders. It is in their rules...
Old 09-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Daryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Clean Sweep Auctions has a policy of publicly naming deadbeat bidders. It is in their rules...
Yep, that's the one Leon!
Old 09-09-2011, 01:58 PM
Christopher Williams

During the past almost three years of doing YouTube videos I had no hesitation calling out those who sold forgeries and I would have no problem calling out deadbeat bidders either.

Lately, I have also been hit with numerous deadbeat bidders (and those who didn't ship me the item after I paid for it) and all of them wanted me to "Cancel The Transaction." If both the buyer and seller mutually agree to "Cancel The Transaction" then the buyer does not get hit with a "Strike." I refuse to allow buyers to wiggle out of a transaction that easily.

The fact that sellers cannot leave "negative" feedback to buyers is ludicrous.

My favorite guy on YouTube is a guy called "Crazeenydriver" who continually rips Ebay and deadbeat buyers on video. Below are a few links to some of his videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBK40d9W3qg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfzzPS8Y6Fg

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 09-09-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:00 PM

Thanks for the links Christopher, I enjoyed listening to Joe and his horror stories on ebay
Old 09-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Dennis P.

There is another popular sports card forum out there that has no problem calling out the ebay deadbeats. I often update my block buyer list from the info posted. I wont say the name of the forum but it has to do with collectors and the universe.