NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-31-2022, 09:28 AM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkurJ View Post
My observations (haven’t been buying the last two years)
5. 52 Topps Mantle remains the king of baseball
Not the Wagner anymore? When did that happen?
Old 07-31-2022, 09:57 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankphenom View Post
Not the Wagner anymore? When did that happen?

Too expensive, nobody wants them anymore

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 07-31-2022, 10:02 AM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Too expensive, nobody wants them anymore
As Yogi would put it!
Old 07-31-2022, 10:10 AM
Carl Lamendola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankphenom View Post
As Yogi would put it!

A Pokémon Illustrator card has surpassed the Wagner. LoL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-31-2022, 10:18 AM
James M.

Breaker/breaking culture was the only thing that left a poor taste in my mouth. The amount of people set up with cameras breaking to live audiences was absurd. This is a side of the hobby I'm not very familiar with, since I stay away from modern when it comes to collecting. The "Whatnot" stage treating youtubers and breakers as celebrities was mind boggling to me. Then again there are things that I don't understand about the hobby, this just happens to be one of them.

A steady supply of vintage was available. Many tables showed off new and shiny things as well. Did a ton of walking, was able to secure some fair prices and good deals. I've been to Atlantic City before, though that was before the pandemic. It felt very run down and dumpy, which I know is the regular for AC but even more so this time around. I am going to try to attend in Chicago, next year, but I do think that, that experience is my last time going to AC.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.
Old 07-31-2022, 11:08 AM
Jeff
Je.ff Gro.ss

I have a suggestion to make dealer and purchaser experience SO much more positive…

Ask each seller to fill out a simple 8-10 question form roughly indicating what they are selling at their tables (with space for “freestyle” that the seller wants to announce they have.

It’s almost overwhelming and I would love to be able to target dealers who have what I want… maybe even a simple app to help connect dealer to buyer based on matching need/supply?

Time to modernize the experience, folks!
Old 07-31-2022, 11:11 AM
Wayne V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belfast1933 View Post
I have a suggestion to make dealer and purchaser experience SO much more positive…

Ask each seller to fill out a simple 8-10 question form roughly indicating what they are selling at their tables (with space for “freestyle” that the seller wants to announce they have.

It’s almost overwhelming and I would love to be able to target dealers who have what I want… maybe even a simple app to help connect dealer to buyer based on matching need/supply?

Time to modernize the experience, folks!
Sounds like a great idea to me.
Old 07-31-2022, 02:23 PM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamendo View Post
A Pokémon Illustrator card has surpassed the Wagner. LoL Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let's try George Harrison: "All things must surpass, all things must pass away"