NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 01-05-2013, 05:58 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Default Drew Max is a buffoon

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honus-Wagner...item460ba104d5
Old 01-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Is@ac Le.vin

How AAU is not on eBay's banned list astonishes me.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:23 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
That piece of crap didn't last long on EBay.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Christopher Williams

http://bertoiaauctions.auctionflex.c...enum=1&lang=En
Old 01-05-2013, 11:48 PM
Banned

its a bad ball, but not for the reasons that are displayed here. people are using deductive reasoning, they dont like max, so they deduce the ball is bad because of the authenticator.

if the same ball had a psa or jsa cert, it would be incredible and a great ball. because people will deduce that because it has a psa or jsa cert, it must be good.

and if you dont believe what i have said, look at the $350,000 dollar plus baseball certed by psa. no one here says it is bad, because it is psa.

but put a drew max or morales cert with it and put it on coaches corner, and people will say "look at that piece of crap, snow white, slowly, evenly drawn, no twists and turns of the pen, no dark and light contrasing spots, or light skipping, just dark ink like it was signed yesterday, a 9.5 grade on a 70 year old ball when my joe dimaggio signed 15 years ago is as yellow as a school bus. who do they think they are kidding." etc.

its the truth but people won't admit it.

that is why when people show a babe ruth autograph that might be a forgery, might not, and he doesnt show the cert, the same people who would bash it to high heaven if it were a max or morales certed item, are reluctant to say anything about it, because they cant be sure that psa or jsa didnt cert the item instead. so the first thing they ask is "does it have a cert, who issued it?"

if morales or max, then its a piece of crap, if psa or jsa, then its as good as gold. i have seen that a million times. The authentication companies like to ask "where did you get it" rather than authenticating the autograph. if you got it from a dealer of collector or auction house they don't like, then uh oh, spaghetti-o!!!

Not to say morales or max are getting it right, but i have seen psa and jsa protectionism by the "friends of grad and spence" routine more times than i care to count.

Now who has the honesty and courage to give a +1 to this statement, that happens to be true and we all know it?

Case in point, the jsa graded ball below. Wouldn't it look great in a coaches corner auction with a Morales cert so we could all bash it and write 9 pages about how silly it looks. You know it's true. how it is a piece of morales certed garbage and how it is ridiculous. Well, if it is a piece of Morales certed garbage, then why isn't it a piece of JSA certed garbage when it has a JSA cert? No one will speak up? Afraid? Where is the PSA cert on this JSA cubed ball? Isn't that peculiar and something to wonder about, just not out loud I suppose, the walls have ears. These two companies certifications get protectionism in the form of the silent treatment more than marcel marceau's wife.

Don't be afraid of offending people. I am not afraid. They won't put your name on some list.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BabePSA9.5.jpg (19.1 KB, 335 views)
File Type: jpg BabeRuthball.jpg (67.7 KB, 334 views)

Last edited by travrosty; 01-06-2013 at 03:00 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:33 AM
Scott

You make some correct points, it just seems that those guys get it right MORE OFTEN than the Morales/Max, etc. crew. Yes, we know they make mistakes, esp in the boxing realm, but sadly, most put a huge weight on their certs, tho at times it is incorrect to do so.

As we've all said before, there is no sure way other than getting something signed in person, studying, or just getting a few informed opinions, ie from some of the knowledgeable folks on here. Just want to hit for a higher average, not ride the bench below t he mendoza line w guys like Moorales and Max.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:38 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

The thing I hate most is that they ruin perfectly good baseballs with that crap...
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 01-06-2013, 12:09 PM

Vintage Baseballs (unsigned) are REALLY hot right now. Anyone want to guess why?

Because the forgers bought them all up when they were cheap, now the legit buyers who want one are having trouble finding them. 5-7 years ago a Near Mint Harridge Ball with the bag (or box) was $100 and you could take your pick on ebay, now you can 3X-4X that easy. Cronin balls used to be $50-$75 now they are 3X-4X as well. The list goes on and on, the autograph forgers created a scarce secondary market for unsigned and unused vintage baseballs!

Rhys
Old 01-06-2013, 10:54 PM
Brandon M. Grunbaum

Well I'll tell you this guys, that ball wasn't even made until 1951, so there's no possible way the Ruth could be legitimate. (Not that it looks real anyway, but you get where I'm going with it.) Drew Max, pathetic.

Last edited by BrandonG; 01-07-2013 at 12:24 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-07-2013, 08:18 AM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
its a bad ball, but not for the reasons that are displayed here. people are using deductive reasoning, they dont like max, so they deduce the ball is bad because of the authenticator.

if the same ball had a psa or jsa cert, it would be incredible and a great ball. because people will deduce that because it has a psa or jsa cert, it must be good.

and if you dont believe what i have said, look at the $350,000 dollar plus baseball certed by psa. no one here says it is bad, because it is psa.

but put a drew max or morales cert with it and put it on coaches corner, and people will say "look at that piece of crap, snow white, slowly, evenly drawn, no twists and turns of the pen, no dark and light contrasing spots, or light skipping, just dark ink like it was signed yesterday, a 9.5 grade on a 70 year old ball when my joe dimaggio signed 15 years ago is as yellow as a school bus. who do they think they are kidding." etc.

its the truth but people won't admit it.

that is why when people show a babe ruth autograph that might be a forgery, might not, and he doesnt show the cert, the same people who would bash it to high heaven if it were a max or morales certed item, are reluctant to say anything about it, because they cant be sure that psa or jsa didnt cert the item instead. so the first thing they ask is "does it have a cert, who issued it?"

if morales or max, then its a piece of crap, if psa or jsa, then its as good as gold. i have seen that a million times. The authentication companies like to ask "where did you get it" rather than authenticating the autograph. if you got it from a dealer of collector or auction house they don't like, then uh oh, spaghetti-o!!!

Not to say morales or max are getting it right, but i have seen psa and jsa protectionism by the "friends of grad and spence" routine more times than i care to count.

Now who has the honesty and courage to give a +1 to this statement, that happens to be true and we all know it?

Case in point, the jsa graded ball below. Wouldn't it look great in a coaches corner auction with a Morales cert so we could all bash it and write 9 pages about how silly it looks. You know it's true. how it is a piece of morales certed garbage and how it is ridiculous. Well, if it is a piece of Morales certed garbage, then why isn't it a piece of JSA certed garbage when it has a JSA cert? No one will speak up? Afraid? Where is the PSA cert on this JSA cubed ball? Isn't that peculiar and something to wonder about, just not out loud I suppose, the walls have ears. These two companies certifications get protectionism in the form of the silent treatment more than marcel marceau's wife.

Don't be afraid of offending people. I am not afraid. They won't put your name on some list.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
And nlol

Travis - please state your goal in a short and succinct manner so we can be sort of done with this. I can't think of any goal you could have to where the method you have been using would be considered effective for accomplishing it.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaac2004 View Post
How AAU is not on eBay's banned list astonishes me.
How people like this don't get arrested and charged every cent they made from fraud astonishes me.

I really wish they would crack down on auction houses and people running them too... There is a local auction house that runs 25k+/month of fake memorabilia and nothing seems to happen to them...
Old 01-07-2013, 09:50 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
And nlol

Travis - please state your goal in a short and succinct manner so we can be sort of done with this. I can't think of any goal you could have to where the method you have been using would be considered effective for accomplishing it.
a goal of being a buffoon and blowhard railing against PSA & JSA has already been accomplished long ago. I do get his point and I have always agreed it is total B.S. the way jack-offs clamor for these stupid "Certs". it's actually laughable that collectors are so damned moronic and anal about it to a point of laughability.

Still, to say we rail on Drew Max or MoralASS because of their name is short sided and narrow minded. Put those 2 together and you have Travis.

No Travis, It's a well documented body of work that includes 99.9% frauds which are criminal acts that put those 2 criminals ahead of the curve. I don't disagree that there might be similar lawlessness for the big 2, but to compare the 2 is like apples and oranges. Most rational thinking individuals see the difference...Travis isn't quite there yet....it's railing on JSA & PSA, business as usual.

I don't mind the posts showing incompetencies of the big 2, (they do need it) but Travis has a habit of burying his head where other FDE crooks are concerned. The autograph hobby is a mess and the collectors are idiots, so what do you expect....It's all par for the course.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
a goal of being a buffoon and blowhard railing against PSA & JSA has already been accomplished long ago. I do get his point and I have always agreed it is total B.S. the way jack-offs clamor for these stupid "Certs". it's actually laughable that collectors are so damned moronic and anal about it to a point of laughability.

Still, to say we rail on Drew Max or MoralASS because of their name is short sided and narrow minded. Put those 2 together and you have Travis.

No Travis, It's a well documented body of work that includes 99.9% frauds which are criminal acts that put those 2 criminals ahead of the curve. I don't disagree that there might be similar lawlessness for the big 2, but to compare the 2 is like apples and oranges. Most rational thinking individuals see the difference...Travis isn't quite there yet....it's railing on JSA & PSA, business as usual.

I don't mind the posts showing incompetencies of the big 2, (they do need it) but Travis has a habit of burying his head where other FDE crooks are concerned. The autograph hobby is a mess and the collectors are idiots, so what do you expect....It's all par for the course.
Agree.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:15 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:

+1...New Year, same old Travis.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Banned

Quote:

this is just the same old "defending psa and jsa" good work!!!!!!!!!!!! when the ship sinks you can bail out of that ship like a timid rat, and pretend you never liked psa and jsa in the first place, as will a lot of others, but keep defending them in the meantime!!!!!

You are using the ridiculous fde argument to steer people to psa and jsa, because they are a lot better than them (prove it!)

so psa and jsa get recognition they don't deserve because the silly fde and CC argument gets play when we already know long ago what they are all about. as i have said before, psa and jsa love the fde's and CC, it makes them look good, but only in COMPARISON. they are not good in real life, but the psa and jsa defenders would have you think differently.

when the day comes i will start a thread here and ask these same people to stand up and be counted, loud and proud, in defense of psa and jsa, and they will be nowhere to be found. and the day will come my friends.

Last edited by travrosty; 01-10-2013 at 03:27 PM.