NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-26-2010, 02:34 PM
T0dd M@rcum

Default Connecting 1955 Ashland Oil Basketball Collectors

It's a tough set. Please email me if you have some to spare or are working on a collection. I am trying to create an e-mail network of folks who are working on it, either the whole set or specific schools.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Daryl

You might want to post this in the postwar section: http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6
Old 05-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default off topic?

We have a section for basketball but admittedly it doesn't get the page views this front page does, so this request is fine. Please be careful in the future to use the correct forums. If we can help connect collectors of an obscure set that can't be too bad so good luck!! Thanks again to everyone for making this board a great place.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:00 PM
Alan Zimmerman

(didn't mean to post that, LOL)

Last edited by wake.up.the.echoes; 05-26-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:02 PM
Phil

Default In Search of . . . 1955 Ashland

Great idea on the post. To put it simply, this set is a beast. I have been posting for months on the Basketball board regarding this set, so hopefully this post will have some crossover appeal to some of the baseball peeps.

Feel free to add me to the list and, for all that are interested, I have some dupes for sale or trade (mostly UK, Louisville, Western Kentucky, and a Murray State). Looking for players from the following teams: Marshall, West Virginia, Murray State, Eastern or Morehead.

Good luck to all, and feel free to PM regarding this set.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:29 AM

Default Add me to the list

I think this is a great idea.........I am in the process of putting the entire set together and it is certainly a challenge........ if I get dups I will let you know.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:43 AM
T0dd M@rcum

It is a very advanced set...I thought about this post before putting it here...but many basketball collectors don't know there was life before Jordan...and somehow the challenge and obscurity seemed to fit better here.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:35 PM
David Buckingham

booyahlaw, sent you a PM re your dupes. Thanks.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:58 PM
Phil

Default Judge

Just responded, your Honor.

On a side note, I am glad to see some fellow collectors of this set come out and join us--my posts in the Basketball forum regarding this set have received little response. Leon, thanks for allowing us some space on the "big board".

Phil
Old 05-27-2010, 10:58 PM

Good luck to you all on this tough set. Even though I am a baseball guy and only have a couple of basketball sets, I found the interest among collectors in this thread very refreshing and it is a reminder that, after all, this is still a hobby.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:57 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default the essence

Quote:
Originally Posted by booyahlaw View Post
Just responded, your Honor.

On a side note, I am glad to see some fellow collectors of this set come out and join us--my posts in the Basketball forum regarding this set have received little response. Leon, thanks for allowing us some space on the "big board".

Phil
Your welcome, Phil. The essence of this whole board is to help collectors, plain and simple. So we let a vintage basketball thread go, it's not the end of the world for us baseball guys. And I agree with Tbob, it's really good to see some plain ole collecting spirit. Very refreshing.....Good luck with the set guys.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:43 AM

I love vintage basketball. If you go to the National, I'll introduce you to some vintage basketball collectors.